Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-07-2005, 09:01 AM

Killed By Bulldog.......

This was in the papper this morning.......

Amother watched in horror as the family dog mauled her baby son to death.

her 12month old son was attacked by there American Buldog , witch clamped its teeth around the baby`s neck, and flung him around like a rag doll.

There other family dog then attacked the AB before it let go of the baby.

After the attack both dogs were locked in a room where they continuded to fight until being removed by the council wardens......

The AB was later destroyed, does not say what happened to the other dog.

Again its another nail in the coffin, for dogs, it goes on to list all the attacks on children in the last 12 months........ so sad!!!!!!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 10:06 AM
aww that is so terrible and so sad,i cant understand why these dogs are attacking people i know other dogs attack but lately it seems to be this breed could the weather be making them turn nasty
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 10:33 AM
this is the same story as the pitbull one - surely ??
So its now an american pitbull is it -
yes very sad for the parents

Jennifer - its not this breed specifically - thats part of the problem- the reports recently - none of them have seemed to have confirm what kind of dog actually attacked them - they vary from staffie to pitbull to bulldog - basically if its a bull breed its a killer in the media's eyes and its sad that they seem to love to report on it.

What angers me is you never hear about the dogs that bite children but that dont severely injure them - this is due to the fact that if your average lab bites -it doesnt do as much damage as larger breed - thats why it doesnt get reported.

My friend was visiting her friend with her 1 year old son recently and the friends yorkie jumped up at Ewan;s ( 1yr old) face and went to bite him ( for no reason)- luckily my friend was holding him and yanked him away just in time - however had her reflexes not been so good - this dog would have done a lot of damage - yet you dont hear about that reported in the papers do you ?

It really angers me, owning a staffie and having to listen to the horror stories that come out due to the media when they dont report the other family dogs that go "bad " do they !!!

grrrr - so irritating ....
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 10:39 AM
i totally agree with you,its a shame that these breeds of dogs are given such a bad name the press love to make a big thing out of it,i feel so sorry for the people with these breeds or any other breed that has been put out as nasty i have come across loads of staffs and pit bulls that have been so gentle,theres a man who lives by me he has a pit bull and shes beautiful she comes to park everyday and plays with my one dog they get on so well together
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2005, 10:39 AM
OMG.........this is happening to often!!!!!!!
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 10:45 AM
there is another post about the same attack in general chat i think,, surely it cant have happened twice in 2 days

its awful,, that poor baby,, im sorry but no excuses where babys lives are taken
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 10:59 AM
I am not excusing the dog kimberley - i think its awful to lose a child regardless of the circumstances -

but am merely pointing out that the media cannot decide what kind of dog this is - its like it automatically becomes a pit bull whether it is or not and am merely making the point that its just not right sensationalising every story like this as in fairness the last time a child was killed by a dog attack was a number of years ago and yet the assumption that these bull breed dogs are all bad - ( which is what the papers do my sensationalising and deciding that in the space of a day this dog was reported to be 5 different breeds - ) if this was the case there would be many many attacks on humans duie to sheer number of these dogs that are around !!

Dani
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-07-2005, 11:09 AM
The report was in "the Mail" this morning, the dog in question was an "American Bulldog", dont know if it`s the same report.
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog
I am not excusing the dog kimberley - i think its awful to lose a child regardless of the circumstances -

but am merely pointing out that the media cannot decide what kind of dog this is - its like it automatically becomes a pit bull whether it is or not and am merely making the point that its just not right sensationalising every story like this as in fairness the last time a child was killed by a dog attack was a number of years ago and yet the assumption that these bull breed dogs are all bad - ( which is what the papers do my sensationalising and deciding that in the space of a day this dog was reported to be 5 different breeds - ) if this was the case there would be many many attacks on humans duie to sheer number of these dogs that are around !!

Dani
dani hun my comment was not aimed at you,, im not saying ALL bull breeds are nasty as they are not and you cant tar all dogs with the same brush,, thats like saying because one white man is a mureder we all are! we all know thats not true.
and you are right in saying more little dogs attack and bite but we dont get to hear about it as the damage is not as bad.
but please understand I have children and hearing a story like this breaks my heart
im sorry if i offended you,, i didnt mean to x x x x
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

13-07-2005, 11:44 AM
the poor baby

It dosen't matter what the breed of the dog you should never leave a baby, child alone with any dog - no animal can be trusted 100% around babies and children

I see alot of parents who are so unaware of the dangers they make comments about oh but the dog is so good with children etc and when something goes wrong its omg that dog is a devil dog

( I was visiting a relative and their were 2 young children there I got my dogs to lie in a "safe " spot and stay and I sat inbetween them and I asked them to make the children didn't come running up to the dogs - so they completley let their kids do this and one of the parents picked their kid up and started throwing her around infront of my dogs face - now if my dog had re acted it would have been my fault)

it really is a horrible thing that has happened but instead of the media educating people about not leaving children unattended around animals and teaching body language awareness they instead would rather stir up breed hatred just to sell more papers
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >