Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2007, 10:40 PM

Text Editing Programme

I used to have a programme on an old PC think it was part of the lexmark printer programme (not compatible with Vista) that enabled you to scan a document and then edit any text in it.

Does anyone know if there is a downloadable version or how to find one? thanks in advance
Hayley.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-09-2007, 09:44 AM
What you need is Omnipage scan any text doc in and it will spell check and you'll be able to edit the text in word.

You can download it from Omnipage site for 99 € including VAT (£68 Approx)

It is also compatable with Windows 2000/ XP & Vista so if you do ever upgrade you'll be able to use it with the new Vista OS

website
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2007, 12:17 PM
hi ya Thanks for that but every time i click on your link my IE freezes??
and I was looking for a freebie if poss I only want to do a job application form.

Thanks again
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2007, 03:53 PM
I think it is Abbyy FineReader maybe? That came with my (rubbish!) Lexmark. Maybe search for it online and see if you can find it to download and if they have a version compatible with Vista.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2007, 03:55 PM
This may give you some idea?

http://www.abbyy.com/vista/

Look at the first download here:

http://download.abbyy.com/content/default.aspx

(It might be worth downloading it - it may be a trial version I'm not sure - but it'll help get what you need done for now at least)
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
I think it is Abbyy FineReader maybe? That came with my (rubbish!) Lexmark. Maybe search for it online and see if you can find it to download and if they have a version compatible with Vista.
yeah thats the one!!! I thought it was adobe thats where I am going wrong then Thanks !
yeah I'm not happy with lexmark as tried to install on vista and it won't so contacted lexmark and they tlod me my printer isn't compatible so went and bought a HP all in one from morrisons dead cheap!!!!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2007, 04:07 PM
If you download version 8 (vista compatable) I gave a link to that should at least sort you out for now.

I just don't like my lexmark as it takes many attempts to get the colours right and I have to clean the cartridges everytime I print or else if I am printing colour I will get red only or something similar. When I can get it right on the odd occassion it isn't bad lol.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Printers are so cheap these days some are cheaper than replacing the cartridges i paid over one hundred for the lexmark x74 and the other day i got the HP from mjorrisons for 40 quid including 4 cartridges and 100 sheets of paper and a usb cable!

have d'loaded the 15 day trial version many thanks