register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-07-2013, 01:52 PM
So very very happy it isn't what you thought it was and it can be sorted.

xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2013, 01:58 PM
I am glad it was not as serious as you feared. Bit puzzled by the administering ABs if he said there is no infection. As a precaution? Precaution against what? Does she have an open wound anywhere? Just that I know ABs are less effective the more you take and I would prefer they were only given if and when really needed.

I too would not leave my dog in a 'hospital' that isn't staffed during the night! I am surprised they can call it a hospital. But then I was surprised to learn a while back that some boarding kennels do not pay night staff. Once they've had their last meal and walk they go home and leave them until the morning. Actually I was horrified!

I hope it all levels out a bit from now until Sunday when you take her back.

So her pancreatic amylase level being 'waaaay off the scale' is what's caused all these problems that had you thinking she was dying - what caused that?

And excuse my ignorance but, in other words, does that mean Pereg has Pancreatitis?

Oh sorry about all these questions! You don't have to answer them! And I am going to stop reading about all these ailments that our poor dogs can get now before I become convinced Bella has half of them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

Phew Malka better news than you and we were thinking.

I agree with not hospitalising her and raising her stress levels anymore I can't imagine it would of done your stress levels any good either.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

Well it's mainly good news considering you were thinking worst case scenario. Hopefully things will start to settle down and normal service will be resumed. It's such a worry when the drugs she needs to help prevent the seizures may be causing other problems for her. I hope everything remains calm between now and Sunday for you both.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Phew! Well we can only hope and pray that the precautions you are now taking will settle her down and if she can encouraged to pee more that may help take the oedemas down a bit. Sending all healing vibes I can and praying that she will improve during the coming week. God bless you both.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Malka - I am so glad that it is not as bad as you feared and I am hoping that she comes though this with nothing serious. I would have kept her home too.
Big hugs from me and Madlad.
xxx
Megsy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2013, 07:06 PM
So relieved for you. Fingers crossed for continuing improvement.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2013, 07:09 PM
You probably have seen this article,but when I was looking for info regarding Fayes's tests tis came up. You dont have to read it.

http://www.canine-epilepsy.net/basics/basics_index.html
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2013, 08:09 PM
So relieved to hear that Pereg is not as sick as you had feared and that something can be done to help her.
Still sending lots of healing vibes and hoping that things settle down over the next week.
Hugs to both of you xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Thankfully Pereg managed to go through the night with only one pee break but has been peeing to Olympic standards without the excessive drinking now, so the oedema is going down. No vomiting after having eaten yesterday after we got back from the Vet, plus she asked for "proper" food during the evening so I gave her a couple of frozen sardines and they also stayed down.

She is definitely a bit more her usual self today so hopefully I will not have to take her back again until next Sunday for a follow-up full blood test.

Thanks again for all the wonderful Dogsey vibes and get-well wishes and hugs - I am just praying that she continues to improve and that the next blood test will show that the levels are going down.
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >