View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Good morning fellow members I lovely start to the day but it is beginning to cloud over now.

I have done the shopping and put it away. I am waiting to hear if we are taking the little ones out for a walk before I begin making some leek soup . The lawns also need mowing so hope to get that done too.

Enjoy your day everyone
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Morning all, had a restless night but am feeling better now.

I hope everyone has a lovely day, going to be too hot for me. Got the washing machine going so hopefully I can get that out and dried.

Have a good day all, God bless.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Morning all. A lovely day here today.
Sorry to hear that Roodee will have to lose his eye.
Not long now Bev.
Hope your son feels better soon jenny. A poorly man always feels worse than a poorly woman
I nipped to Widnes to look for a rug as I couldn't find one round here & came back on the bus with a 6ft one under my arm. when I got home the plasterer - who was due at 1 o clock had arrived to nobody home. He said he'd only just got here though. He's having to skim one wall & fill a couple of bits in & repair the ceiling where we'd had a leak. The painter couldn't carry on till the plasterer had been so I don't know when he's going to turn up to finish off
We've been upside down about 3 weeks now & I'm getting a bit fed up of it. plus the expense has gone up from us getting 2 tins of paint & doing it ourselves to loads of money. Never mind when it's done it's done.- I hope.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 10:47 AM
TW I meant to say yes that is a Hypericum St. John's wart more commonly known as Rose of Sharon and far from being poison St. John's Wart is used medicinely.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Hi all,

Scan was all straight forward and I didn't have to wait too long. I did keep my eyes closed so the backwards and forwards motion was a little strange It was only a scan of my sinuses and nose but probably won't get an appointment with the consultant for months. I've one totally blocked sunus for nearly 18 years and thought I ought to have it looked at as the other one is also partially blocked
Thanks for the get well wishes for my son.
When I got home the doctor had spoken to my son and wanted to see him in. OH took him (I didn't fancy sitting with all the germy people). He's got raging throat infection and been given antibiotics but he still has the very high temperature and headache. I've just been and collected 2 migraine tablets off a friend to see if that helps.
I just hope to goodness I don't get it

Lynn - What a good boy Dillon was this morning. What a reality check it will be for Gorden being back at work and of course it will be very different for you too.
Nippy - I hope your exercise class in beneficial
Taffsmum - What a relief it will be when the decorating is all finished ... I know how unsettling it is being in chaos.
Pat -Little Bella looks very regal snuggled up on her exceedingly posh looking cushion I hope you can get that air-con sorted soon. I really hope that my son doesn't have your virus as he's only recently started a new job and it won't look good being off sick .... but the symptoms do sound very similar
Joedee - I am so sorry that Roodee will lose that eye . I hope it all goes well and is fairly straight forward ((hugs)).
Bev - I hope your last day at work goes well and get everything done that needs doing today. You do sound very well organised
Hi to Mini, Moyra, L.S. and Lore and anyone else I've missed.
Lots to get sorted today and we are meant to be out for a meal with Jill (my greyhound lady) and her OH tonight.
See you all later.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Roodee has put in an order for an eye patch(bejewelled of course) & a parrot for his new role of Pirate prince
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Daily on page two?? What's going on here
Hope everyone is well,we're having a ball here,home tomorrow Going to see River dance tonite
Hope Roedee is o.k,been there myself with Lacey is I know what's its like (( hugs))
Right,quick bath and change of clothes...talk soon xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Sun is out at the moment, and quite warm, we have reached the dizzy heights of 20 degrees
Totally and uttlerly peeed off. Mabs was going for her hip and elbow scan today, she has decided to come into season.
I have been thinking for the past week that she was looking very like she was going to, but is 6 weeks early, so kept thinking it won't be yet. Well it is today, the little madam.
So there we are. I wasn't keen on having a litter over Christmas anyway!!!! There is no way I would mate her without all her health tests being through and them being good ones. Dead annoyed with her, I will have to contact the people on my list and ask if they want to stay with me or whether they want to be put in touch with my friend who has a litter on the ground at the moment. Nothing is EVER simple especially where my girls are involved!!!!
Thanks Moyra, will take a trowel with me next time I am on the river and put some of it in a plastic bag and plant it in a pot. Nigel The Gardener been today and has completely finished off my bedding plants, there is just bare earth now where there were the remains of the plants!!!! Wonder if he thinks they are weeds If I put Rosie Sharon in a pot he may leave her be, fingers crossed on that one.
Can't wait for piccies of your Johnny Depp Jodie
Eileen, we are missing your chat.
Glad the scan went well Jenny and hope your son gets better soon, that sounds really nasty, hope it is one of those 48 hour things where you wake up feeling loads better than the day before. I'm sure they'll be Ok with him at his new job, but it is always embarrassing to phone in sick when you've just started, or worse still when you are on the course.
Bev, only another couple of days and you will be in your new house starting a new job, complete change in your life for the better. Hope Lily is OK today.
Taffsmum, once its done, it'll be out of your hair and you won't have it all to do another time, best its out of the way now. LOL at you on the bus with that massive rug. Hope the bus stops outside your house because walking along with that tucked under your arm is no joke!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Glad the scan went okay Jenny and it's definitely a good idea after so long to have a look!

We just went to see the animals at the garden centre and went on a miniature train ride. We're just about to go out with Loki now and to the slide. I sure know how to live!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 02:57 PM
TW our normal bus is just at the top of the road but the Widnes one is a bit of a walk away. I unrolled the rug when the plasterer had finished & decided I didn't like it. I saw another colour - the same pattern that I liked but thought it might be a bit dark. This one is too light. Anyway OH is going to take me back to Widnes on Saturday to change it.
The plasterer is going to come back next Wednesday & Thursday & do a DPC on the internal wall so that should clear it now. £££££££ again.
It has been lovely & warm today. Hope it lasts.
Mabs doesn't make life easy for you does she
Enjoy Riverdance Eileen.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »