register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Bev, before I forget, very well done on getting all those job offers, I know what a worry finding a job has been for you, and there they all are lined up waiting for you, you will be able to pick what suits you, and I really hope that people appreciate you more than the firm you are currently working for.
Has Lily got her own special place at the vets by now, she is becoming a regular visitor the little madam, like you say they save it up for the most inconvenient time.
Quite cool and cloudy again today, not exactly cold, but not warm either. Managed to get Mabs and Keshi onto the field without a try out for Man U this time. Mabs has again slid backwards and starts coming towards me when I have her at stay and try to back off for ten paces. Just have to keep at her I suppose.
Took Cariad and Lona up onto the river. When I was there on Bank Holiday Monday and I walked up the bit of river that I couldn't get to when the big waterfall was there, I saw a plant, that I sort of recognised from a very long time ago but couldn't remember what it was, so today walked up there again and have taken a piccie of it, does anyone know what it is. At the back of my mind there is something saying it is poisonous

all the berries were red on Monday, but a couple have gone purple now.
Jenny, really sorry to hear about the puncture, what a shame, but good job it wasn't on the M25 itself, in the outside lane isn't it, that would have been scary. Typical your OH has 6 cars but none that could take you to see your mother.
Helena, you've had yet another busy day I see, sounds lovely and sunny where you are, wish it was the same here.
I think it is time I put my sunlounger, brolly etc away for another year
Taffsmum, Twins at 50 she is off her trolley, or she will be by the time they reach 3 months!!!
I always forget about the pensioners thing at B&Q, do you have to show them your bus pass or anything to get the discount. Hope Taff is better now by the way, after being poorly for his birthday.
Nippy, sorry to hear about the sickness, poor Pepsi . Is she any better now
Moyra, hope today went as well as these things can and the service was beautiful.
You are right about the wet grass in the mornings Lynn, make the most of the decent weather because it won't be long now before we are on dark mornings and nights.
All the best to Gordon on his new job and his meeting on Friday, is he all geared up to it, I bet he is nervous, but he'll soon be back in the swing of things.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Is it Hypericum TW? I think the common name is Rose of Sharon or summit like that.
HarveyWe should know better because she can't eat anything out of the ordinary, it nearly always makes her sick. She seems ok now though.
Jenny Peps is sleeping on the patio in the sun and I have had a nice long Nanny-nap!
Helena we would never give her onions as such Bri just never thought about there being onion flavour in the gravy
Bev, things are really looking up for you, I'm so pleased
Thanks Taffmum much better

Well the red arrows are due over any minute so I'm going out to watch. I moan like hell about the expense and the pollution but I do love watching them
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Afternoon all,

I've decided to brave the M25 tonight and go and visit Mum then, otherwise it will be 3 weeks with no visit and I just can't do that .... me feeling guilty here. I plan to leave here around 6.30 - 6.45 but I will check on 'Traffic England' to see what hold ups there are. So fingers crossed for me as there are already 3 lanes closed on the northern section and an accident at my Junction 11, but that should have cleared by then.

Bev - Wow congratulations .... things are just getting better and better for you. When you think that Charly almost made you change your mind about moving 'cos of the distance for her to get to college .. and now, its so good for both of you How things can change so quickly ...... I am really, really happy for you. What a lovely change to spend some time in a cafe, caring for someone (or more) which will be so much more sociable than what you have been doing

Nippy - I hope you and Pepsi are both feeling better.

Helena - We will have such clean dogs .... I'm going to bath both of mine on Friday

June - I have no idea what that plant is but we have it along the Wey towpath. I'll be interested to see what it is .... Nippy or Sally may know Rucksack's fear has got worse recently and I think some of it might just be the fact that there have been lots of visiting dogs here on the estate and he and Flash think its all part of their garden I'll be interested to see how he is when we are away (better I hope). otherwise I will be avoiding other dogs like the plague (apart from Zena who I'm sure will be fine )

Moet - Poor Pip must be very sore ((hugs)) but hopefully you'll both be able to put this all behind you in a few weeks time. I meant to mention you this morning but forgot ... sorry

Moyra - By the time you read this you will be home again. I do hope it ran smoothly. ((hugs)).

Hi to everyone else and I'll try and pop in later, if not tomorrow.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I saw a plant, that I sort of recognised from a very long time ago but couldn't remember what it was, so today walked up there again and have taken a piccie of it, does anyone know what it is. At the back of my mind there is something saying it is poisonous

all the berries were red on Monday, but a couple have gone purple now.
My first thought was Hypericum too (Rose of Sharon) but not certain.

Check here - looks v. similar
http://www.rampantscotland.com/colou...ment071110.htm
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Bev brilliant news on the job front. Not such good news for Lilly and having to go to the vet.
Afternoon June. Sounds like a nice walk was had by all.
Does that plant have yellow flowers ? I think there may be one of those in our new garden. The leaves and berries look very familiar.

We popped along to see our mortgage broker to discuss the options of cancelling the insurance we have running alongside the mortgage. He gave us some food for thought so not sure now whether we will or not.
Made Marks cake just got to fill it and ice it now. Also got to look through some boxes from the loft to see what I might want to keep whats to be thrown away and whats going with us. All our LP's and singles will be going with us.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2013, 03:33 PM
I think it could be Rose Of Sharon. Was thinking the leaves weren't right, but they are. What a strange place to find it though. There are no others that I can see, just the one growing on the river bank where it often floods several feet deep. Looks well established as well. I think I'll take part of it next time we're up there and put it in the garden. I had this thing in my head it was poisonous, but thinking back the one I was thinking of had red veins running through the leaves.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 03:46 PM
TW you have to apply for a discount card in B&Q I think I saw that you can apply online. It's 10% off so if your getting quite a bit of stuff it does save a little bit. Got another big tin of emulsion, a small tin of eggshell for the units & a spray tin of clear stuff to protect the tops & make them easier to clean. Got 2 storage baskets for one of the units as well for OH to put his stuff in out of sight. I will need some more for the other unit as well later.
Good luck with the visit to your Mum jenny. Hope the traffic is ok
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Just popped in quick to say Hi

Hope all is well with everyone, so sorry not been able to catch up, so many missed days

Had a great weekend, but a very busy one with eversuffering husband

Hope mums are visited, painting drying, jobs starting, interviews passed, poorly dogs feeling better, packing started, if not finished (Bev and Lynn ) cars fixed and plants recognised...

Will pop in later.....
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Maybe a bird dropped or rubbed its beak on the soil with a seed or two June. Or its been washed down somehow.
Good luck with the drive tonight jenny.
Afternoon Elaine.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Evening all

Great news on the job front there Bev, no wonder you're excited, it's kinda fallen in your lap hasn't it, fate really is being kind to you atm, you'll be starting a whole new life for the better. Cafe work is hard but good fun, I'm sure you'll love it.

Jenny, hope you don't get stuck on that blooming road especially that time of night.

June, as Lynne has said, you have to apply for one of their cards and it can only be used on a Wednesday but well worth it. Sorry to hear Mabs had a little blip today with her stay, but I'm sure it will improve with all your hard work. I expect Keshi knocks spots off Mabs already doesn't she That's my showing off bit with Zena, cos I can put her in a down/stay and walk off forever, she would never move, and I can do that with or without her ball, and when I turn around, I could stand there for aaaages staring at her and her staring back, and then I just change my body language and she comes so straight towards me, head down, so focused, I love watching her, but then I'm just showing off here lol! I will show Jenny when she's here so that she can back me up!!! Still clear blue skies here, too darn hot for me actually, might have to send some up to you.

Hi Elaine, I love the way you condense it all lol! I must try that, but I don't really do brief do I

Hi Pat, Jen, Lynne, Lynn, and everyone else, but sorry I just can't remember anymore.

I went for a lovely walk in the cool woods, it was so fab, nobody about, better than the mornings in fact, so I might be doing that until the bad weather sets in. I always thought tea-time walkers went out about 4, and I would bump into all the muppets, but strangely enough, nobody about. I took Zena's rake and gave her a real good raking, blimey, I've filled half the field with undercoat Sooooo much coming out, and so early too, but she now looks absolutely gleaming, but being a right pita, I think I've wound her up now. She had a good dunk in her pool and a scrabble about shaking the frisbee, so she's nice and cool, but far from relaxed.

I tried going down to that bit of land of ours on the other side of the sliproad to cut some of the shrubs back, but she was sat watching me on the balcony in front of the gate where the sun was, so I gave up on that idea and came back in for fear of her getting too hot. Why's she always gotta be involved in whatever I do

Just had an enquiry from a young working couple with a 2yr old who want to rent my van from November to end April cos they're moving to America and their visa has been held up and are currently stuck in a room at his parents. Now I'm in a quandry as to what to do, cos this is what I wanted for that smaller van, but then I've taken 4 weeks of booking for it for next May/June and would they ruin it living in it for so long??? I dunno, decisions, decisions. He's ringing me at 7pm tonight hopefully and we'll talk about it.

Better go and shower and ring Dave before giving Zena some dinner when she's calmed down. She's gone all weird on me again tonight, she's lying out in the garden, but she's not relaxed, and I'm wondering if she's got belly ache or something, but then I'm always worrying about nothing I s'pose, but you just know when something's not quite right don'tcha.

Hi Sally for when you pop in later, probably when I'm popping in to say goodnight!!!

p.s. I've got that plant in my flower bed, not very big and it doesn't do much apart from the green leaves with the red berries, but glad to hear it's not poisonous!
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >