28-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Morning Mini missed you there sorry.
Have a nice day.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-08-2013, 09:57 AM
'morning all

Lynn, please pass on my best wishes to Gordon for his new job, I hope he likes it and it all works out well. I'm sure you'll get more enthusiasm for the move as it comes nearer the time and just think how you'll be so much better off there.

Malka, I do the weekly steam mop thing (and usually read your little reminders too) but I've not got my head around the 'bonus days' yet so I've never done them

Jenny (1) driving around the M25 can be a nightmare, I also avoid it when ever possible

Jenny (2) sorry to read about Pepsi, I hope that tummy sorts itself out soon. Rianna was sick twice recently, I thought it was excitement at me being home again but it turned out to be some beef jerky treats I bought of a market stall, have binned them now and she's OK
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 10:36 AM
BOO !!!

I'm home again having had a s*dding puncture. Fortunately I didn't get too far and got out to check as it sounded odd going round the roundabout onto the M25. Thank goodness I didn't go down onto the motorway! A massive screw in the tyre so I limped to a tyre place and they couldn't do it until 11.45. He did kindly blow it up again for me to limp home. No spare tyre on my car just one of those aerosols OH is going to blow it up again and I'll get it fixed shortly. So naffed off as I didn't see Mum last week and unless I go on Friday which I know the M25 will be horrendously busy, I won't see her as I've got a scan at hospital tomorrow morning. Oh well, nothing to be done. If only my OH had a sensible car that I could have taken instead but he doesn't have one 'normal' car out of the 6 he has

Rant over now

Nippy - I do hope little Pepsi is OK and you are feeling better after a good night sleep ((hugs)).

Helena - Pleased to read that Zena is OK now.

Pat - OMG I hope your aircon holds until the weather gets colder. That would be an absolute nightmare for me . I was delighted to read that you had a chill time for a while yesterday with a book and sweeties

Off to get my tyre done now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Awwww jenny. At least you are safe.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Jenny that's rotten, I hate punctures and they always happen at the most inconvenient times
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Morning Harvey glad Rianna is feeling better.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'morning all
...[snip]...
Malka, I do the weekly steam mop thing (and usually read your little reminders too) but I've not got my head around the 'bonus days' yet so I've never done them
Do you mean I have been knocking my single brain cell out to compose a silly ditty for every Bonus Day and you have never tried? I mean they tell you exactly what you are supposed to do...

...I hope!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Afternoon all those I missed earlier

Oh Jen, poor ickle Pepsi, I hope she's improving as the day goes on, but I know what it's like, Zena was a bit odd last night, but I think she ate a bit of fox poop cos there was a bit left where I stopped her eating something last night on the lawn. Onion gravy though is not good, it's the onions, it's a no-no for dogs. Anyway, hope she improves and isn't sick anymore.

Jenny, hope you get that tyre sorted, but don't use that aerosol thingie cos Dave told me off once, cos they can't repair a puncture once you've used that! I do keep one for dire emergencies in the car though. Good luck with it and sorry you couldn't get to your mum's, but look on the bright side Jen, it could have happened when you were half way here.

Moyra, hope all goes beautifully today,it'll be a very sad day for you I know (((((hugs))))

Went down the beach, had it aaaaallll to ourselves, right up until 10 am, it was fab, and then I spotted some moron coming towards us with 6 offlead dogs zooming about, big dogs and I didn't want the aggro, so we walked back along the cycle path on the top, but Zena had plenty of swims and runs and a long walk along the beach. Came home and decided to give her that bath I never got around too the other week, so she got bathed and hosed down and is now all fluffy and smells divine. I have to stay, she was even better than old Georgieboy used to be for standing still for me, she was brilliant, bless her heart, I love this dog

Decided to paint all the ballistrades on the balcony which Dave had only done 3 of, all 30 of them I painted from top to bottom, all the way around on the terrace side, and they're big and bulky, it took a while and now I'm ready for lunch and a chill.

Zena will sleep well this afternoon cos she's been watching me inbetween barking at the neighbour who popped up for a chat, he's painting the last side for us tomorrow, which just leaves the back for Dave.

Glorious sunny and hot day darn sarf, I'm loving it today, it's not stiffling hot, just hot and sunny, perfick, hope you've got the same
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Oh my goodness things just get better

The only thing hanging over me with this move was a lack of job. Not anymore

My sisters friend runs a cafe about a mile from my new house and she wants someone, so my sister mentioned me, so to cut a long story short after speaking to the lady earlier she wants me to go in and see her mon or tue next week about the job.

I have also been offered some care work 2hrs a day and a cleaning job one day a week for 5hrs.

This move is certainly mean't to be. I am even more excited now (if that was possible) .

Jenny I hope Pepsi improves and is ok.

Jenny (all these jennys soo confoozin) sorry you missed out on visiting your mum again. But at least you were not on that dreaded M25 when you got that puncture.

Moyra thinking of you today and I hope everything goes as well as these things can.

Goodness H I need you in my new house which badly wants painting, a job I hate and am useless at.

Sorry my excitement has made my mind go blank (at least i have an excuse now) so cannot remember what everyone else is up to.

had to whisk Lily to the vet this morning as she was shaking her head and scratching her ear. They are a bit inflamed so I now have some ear cleaner and some drops for them. That should be fun trying to do it all on my own. I am sure she has done it on purpose because she is going into kennels fri. Everytime she goes into kennels she always has something they have to sort for her.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Brilliant news on the job front Bev. Hope they all turn out well for you.
Hope Pepsi is feeling better by now Jenny.
You have done well with the painting Helena.
Off out to B&Q in a minute when we've finished our coffee to get some more paint while its pensioners day & off to Dunelms for some baskets to put in the units.
I bumped into a friend this morning & her daughter had twins 6 weeks ago. She had them with IVF - the trouble is she's 50 now. Eeekk Rather her than me.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »