View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Malka, of course, Israel is in the firing line. I hope you stay safe.

This Syria thing is worrying, Iran making threats and Russia threatening as well if we go in. It's really very concerning.

I just hope our friends like Malka and Tang stay safe.

I'm enjoying watching TV with Brian. Its quiet and just nice.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Checks message box
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
OK you've worn me down woman! As half the people here don't have a clue what you are on about - I will bung a short precis of it into a message to you! Is that OK?
Now,that's justs just favouritism!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2013, 08:15 PM
STILL no message, and I may have to dash off at any minute to make sure Malka gets to the shelter
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
It is more than a bit worrying here, as Syria [and Iran] have threatened to attack Israel if the US attacks Syria. All bomb shelters in the North [so far] have been opened/ordered opened, and gask mask distribution centres open all over the Country.
We live in a crazy region.

But Israel is still technically 'at war' with Syria. They've fought several times, have no diplomatic ties with each other and both were involved in the Lebanese Civil war.

Syrian rebels are demanding Israel backs US intervention. Israel has made no secret that it wants the US to force a regime change.

Same as Cyprus is still technically 'at war' with Turkey. What many call the 'border' with the north here, is in reality the 'ceasefire line' between the Republic of Cyprus and the Occupied Territories where Turkey still has 40,000 troops stationed.

One thing is for sure - nothing you nor I think or do will make any difference whatsoever to what happens or to any outcome.

The only thing I expect to see is a large influx of new 'refugees' here in Cyprus. We get more than other countries. It's not all that long ago that the numbers of Palestinian refugees declined here and they always end up in Larnaca coz it's where the airport is.

In fact a while back it was reported that Cyprus has drawn up plans to take in up to 200,000 refugees from Syria.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Evening all

Been ironing allllllllll evening, whilst carrying on conversations on the phone with it stuck to my right ear, so now I've got neckache All done now though thank goodness, tomorrow I will sort it all out for the vans.

I've ordered some fab cards I made online at Vistaprint or whatever they're called, and I found a fab picture of a goldie in a suitcase with one next to it saying "can we come too" to go on the front lol! I shall leave lots of cards in both vans, so that people can hand them out to their friends and keep one for next time they want to come. I really should have done this years ago, but there ya go I didn't!

Zena's acting a bit strange this evening Just given her scrambled eggs, but I think she's sulking cos although I played ball with her at around 5pm. after doing those cards, I then spent another 2 hours ironing so maybe she's just sulking.

Hi Sally, yes, it's never ending isn't it this refurbishment lark, and don't forget I've got 3 places to update!! I've organised the guy next door to paint the side of the house on Thursday before Dave comes home, so all he'll have left now is the back to do, cos I will finish off the front ballistrades tomorrow. I don't mind doing those, but I can't get enthused about painting my bedroom walls. Maybe Dave will do those as I'm doing the last of the front bit. Good luck with all of your refurbs Sally, the bathroom sounds fab, or it will be I'm sure. Dave has now got 2 walls of tiling stripped in our bathroom, only 2 more walls to go before he rips all the suite out and starts fitting a new one. It's still got the terracotta suite in there and manky carpet on the floor Oh I can't wait! First thing I did in my en-suite was to rip that carpet off the floor and put some lino down, and when Dave's repaired my floor in there, I can then have my tiles laid, but when, who knows

I'm into CBB atm I know, sad isn't it, but I do like the celeb ones, it's a real eye opener. Look at the state of that Carole McGiffin last night p*ssed as a f*rt, she needs to take a look at that herself methinks (says she who went into the neighbour's Christmas and got likewise!!! )

Lorraine, the answer to your question is "no"

Hi Pat, sounds like you've had enough of that property management lark now. What is your website then, is it all about what you do over there?? I can't help, I'm too busy with the paintbrush and I desperately need to organise my website to get both those vans up separately, it's all a bit confusing for my liking, but it was done in such a hurry for the 2nd van cos I wanted to rent it out for the summer and we were already half way through it weren't we. Good luck with all that brainache you've got there, no wonder you needed a break.

Yes, this Syria thing is extremely worrying. What springs to mind is Nostradamus who's predictions have all come true and he predicted WW3 would start in the middle east didn't he, and then there's that picture of the guy who would start it which looks vaguely familiar, all very worrying and I do hope we don't stick our interferring noses in this.

Talking of which, when I was getting the washing in, I had this WW2 plane zooming about above me, it sounded like a Spitfire, and it was doing all manner of low flying over our houses and then zooming up again, making almost like a scream as it climbed. It wasn't the normal old type of plane doing acrobatics, this was like an old fighter plane and I almost ran inside thinking he's gonna start firing at us in a minute Oh Lordy, the things that go through my tiny mind

Anyway, a very tired H saying night night all cos I've gotta get into bed, my legs are aching from that standing up, in fact, the only time I rest them is during my nanny nap so it's no wonder they're complaining.

I wore my new Sketchers this morning, the latest pair I bought which are a lot more springy and are supposed to make your backside half its size, and boy oh boy, did my a*se ache when I got back lol! I'm sorry to say, it's still all there, but maybe tomorrow then...... Night night all.xxxx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Hello Helena! No you ditzy woman. My website is the one I manage for my job! Along with their pro merchant Amazon sales.

I've been doing 'my' website for about 6 yrs now. Since before it existed on the web. I put all the products on there, describe them, add images, edit and update it.

It's not very interesting. He is the largest UK supplier of Florist Sundries with his main business being fresh flowers from all over the world and his nurseries at Forches Cross Devon.

http://www.michaeldark.co.uk/

Here it is. Bore yourself to death.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Went straight for the Christmas stuff on that website,lovely wee bits on there....3 more paydays for some
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Hello again.........Tang that website is not boring if you happen to want those things! Horses for courses and all that and it looks very attractive and welcoming. I have been researching another manor house to put on my site, some fascinating stuff out there and boy could some of those aristocrats gamble Sadly, this particular one managed to lose most of the farms on the estate, plus the odd Gainsborough Never seen the attraction of gambling myself.

H old beanster...........worry not, those new trainers will have you as honed as a honed thing in next to no time. If you can still walk tomorrow and the next day that is Oh I do know what you mean about manky carpets in bathrooms, ghastly aren't they, especially where men are involved. (Sorry Harvey if you should look in!). I am so looking forward to choosing the new flooring for his lordship's bathroom - it will NOT be carpet! Something nice and thick and cushiony though will be good, and once that is sorted out then I can match the curtains and wall paint. All the tiles will be white, so it shouldn't be too difficult. I am not even going to mention your ironing, but I hope that Zena was merely having a sulklet and is not going down with something.

Shall I go back to writing up my research stuff? Is anyone still here to answer, and will they care
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Sally, we're all here, hanging on your every word - as ever
Pat that Moneth can certainly spin 'em
Malka take care of yourself please, am worried because you don't have access to or from your house
Page 7 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >