View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Thanks TW and you're so right in that having Marco has helped us all a lot.

Leahurst are fabulous and the care they gave Tangle and us was excellent - I'm so glad they were able to help Isis for you and the other horse too
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Afternoon all,

Helena, you never seem to be done with home improvements. Can you come up and do mine

Lynn, glad Dillon gave you a lie in this morning.

I'm feeling a little odd, there's no Davie. He's off to Badaguish till Thursday night. I'm missing him already. I just hope he has a great time.

I've had a nice day, had a higher English lesson today at lunchtime, so have some stuff to be going on with. Starting my discursive and personal pieces, plus studying a poem by Robert Browning. It's going to be interesting.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Cacoll its unsettling when something turns up to rake up the hurt. Hopefully this will be it now and you can enjoy Marco to the full and remember Tangle with love and not so many tears.
Must feel strange Lorraine without Davie. Just when you start to get use the peace and quiet it will be time for him to come home.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Lorraine I just had to google Badaguish as I'd never heard of it, it's a lovely sounding name.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Cacoll, it's great, it's adventure training, they do hillwalking, canoeing, team building games and visit the local amusement park Landmark. The Academy does it for every first year. They all love it.

I've camped there with the cadets but that's it. The weirdest thing was waking during the night and hearing howling, finally worked out it was the sled dog kennels a mile or so away, it was so disorientating hearing this eerie howling in the middle of the night.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Cacoll
As Lynn said, it's hard to have it all raked over but I am relieved you are going to be reimbursed. Let's hope the red tape stuff ends soon and you can settle to living with just your happy memories of Tangle.

I too think Helena should take a break from DIY. She should turn to website work instead and do some for me (she has the know how!)

Well Jenny.g I took your advice before I even read it! I've been flopped on sofa with Bella and bag of sweets. I'm avoiding alkofroll since being on the antibios for what seems like ages now (they seem to have affected my stomache a bit).

Just about to drag Bella round the block and might bang on Sabby's door just for the hell of it ....

lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Tang, been watching the news, it is a bit concerning out your way just now. The UK could launch from Cyprus. Hopefully Syria stand down soon.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Hello everyone from a rather hot Herefordshire. I can't wait for Autumn

Lynn, I think you were saying about some neighbouring pea brains who were firing an air rifle out of the bedroom window? The rule is, you can shoot from your boundary inwards but not the other way around, so they were basically breaking the law. I know this because we had a run in with the father of a lad who was shooting in their neighbouring orchard, and he was sending pellets flying over our hedge His lordship double checked with the police, and this is illegal.

H - we have the same bug as you, i.e., constant updating and improvements It's addictive isn't it. We spent most of the day in the garden doing major de and re construction, whilst appropriate men started work on various bits of the house. His lordship's bathroom is having a complete refit for one thing, and I am desperate to go and choose flooring and curtains but tomorrow is out of the question as grandsproglet will be here. Only one more week and the little pest will be back at school

Cacoll, I feel for you. Hopefully once all this is over, you can settle down to just good memories of Tangle.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Tang, been watching the news, it is a bit concerning out your way just now. The UK could launch from Cyprus. Hopefully Syria stand down soon.
Yes Lore. But I doubt there will ever be 'peace in the middle east' in my lifetime.

Lot's of hotspots on our doorstep here - Israel, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, even Iran always something flaring up. And the big bases here are supposed not to get involved in anything but often seem to.

The huge Mari explosion which knocked out our main power station and crippled Cyprus financially was all about the then President not wanting to destroy seized munitions en route from Iran for his pals in Syria. So they stored them instead - right at the base of the biggest power station!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Evening Sally. Thank you for the heads up I thought I was right. That would be then why they quickly retreated into the bedroom shut the window and drew the curtains.
I remember years ago when we agreed Michael could have a small air pistol for target practice in the garden I had to sign a piece of paper to the effect that he would not use it out of the garden. When he got a bit older and sillier the gun was hidden and then disposed of so he couldn't do any anyone or anything any harm and kept within the law.

Go on Pat knock on Sabby's door. Dare you.
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »