View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-08-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm another ironing disliker, can always find anything to do rather than that, even cleaning windows is better

Well it's a dull and wet day in Brno but I'm now on a coach leaving there and headed back to Prague. Thankfully the weather was great for the whole time we were there and I've even picked up a tan. The MotoGP was excellent, loved every second of it though I'd have preferred a different result It was dull weather wise yesterday and I got hit by about 5 drops of rain which I def can't complain about. Have met some lovely people here and am definitely going to come back again in the future.

Had a few FaceTime chats with Marco and all is well, there was a big problem on Friday when my son was advised to go back to hospital to see the surgeon as his wound isn't healing properly, I was then busy trying to sort a flight home and find someone for Marco but when he went to the hospital they sent him home after four hours saying that it was ok - during this time his girlfriends dad had gone to our house, picked up Marco and took him to their house where I e been informed he kept trying to get over friendly with their 2 yr old boy dog and he was sick in the car on the way there (4 minute car journey). Eventful wasn't the word! All seems ok now but my son isn't going to be able to go back to work next week so needs to see the gp again for another sick note - I do think that Marco has now got quite used to somebody being in the house almost all of the time, he'll definitely miss Nat when he's back to normal.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-08-2013, 10:45 AM
I am an idjit
I am an idjit
I am an idjit

I forgot to ask David to scrounge some bones for Da Booga, mind you he forgot to ask me if I wanted any although he did remember to ask if I wanted a white cabbage and the courgettes. And he held her head and stroked and talked to her so I could nip the end of that last claw!

Lucky for me the fish was packed differently to the last lot, this time in bags so the fillets were separate, so all I had to do - and have already done as I am almost like a conveyor belt doing it - empty the two carrier bags into the sink, put the poly bags on the left, pick up bag with left hand, pick up chicken with right, bag it and put it on a tray on the right hand side of the sink unit!

When the tray is loaded put first lot on top fast freeze shelf and go back to do the next lot! Da Booga was, of course, very interested and made sure she was sitting by the freezer while I was putting the bags away in the hope that I might drop one!

June - it has already been discussed what they are going to do but I want more clarification as to exactly how they intend doing it, as if they are just going to dump a load of stones down, run the heavy double roller over them and then just pour some concrete I am not going to accept that as it will soon crack. There are about 15cm minimum of stones, sand and an iron grill thingy under the concrete of my ramp, then 10cm of concrete on top of that. Plus before it was started the guys who built it put boards down each side so the edges are straight and even, not removing them until the concrete had dried out and set a few days later. They also put a mesh over the concrete while it was setting so nobody [two or four-legged] could walk on it.

There is also the question of a dropped kerb [again] plus what do they intend to do about the top step which is now 10cm below the bricks of the new pavement. To say nothing of all the stones and sand and junk that has been tipped down and currently takes up most of my front yard.

Question. I do not drink [booze, I mean] and have not for years, but having just finished a 10 day course of special ABs and my ankle and foot beginning to heal, for the first time in longer than I can remember I have a mad fancy for some cold white wine. And the macolet sells one that I have been told is extremely good and very inexpensive.

Should I break the habit of so many years and treat myself?
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Yes Malka I think you should go for it, a little of what you fancy does you good
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Absolutely Malka...go for it
Remember to come back on when you're tipsy!!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Dogs walked and now laid flat out on the cold kitchen tiles as the weather warms up. Washing done and hoovering so now its chill time for me until I have to cook. This time next week I intend to eat out most of the time

Nippy - I always think everybody else's lives seem so much more exciting. I have to admit I think yours sounds pretty damm good. All that delicious food that you produce for all your family and friends apart from everything else
Good luck with the ironing pile, and if it wasn't for the fact that mine is fairly small at the moment (until everything on the line dries) I would be sneaking it on to yours

Mini - Wow your story about that squirrel blowing up is horrible I hope that branch gets cleared soon and as you say just as well nobody was under it .... or are they Enjoy the rest of your day.

Lynn - What a nightmare that man and the three dogs are. Poor Dillon. It won't be long before you'll never have the risk of running in to him again ... put that on your 'positive' list I just imagine the sort of man he is the fact that he brags about having a part pit-bull I hope Dillon wasn't traumatised by that JRT.

Hi to Moyra (I hope you get the dreaded ironing done), Cacoll, Harvey, Eileen and Malka I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day.

Hope I haven't missed anyone out. See you later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Afternoon all

That was the quickest I've ever spent a grand, but what bargains I got! Went into the bed place first for my mattress, cos I ordered the bedstead online as Dreams in Bexhill didn't have one in stock to show me, so no point going over there. Anyhoo, I laid on about 20 beds, with a nice yung mann talking me through it all (sadly, just the mattresses though!! ). I kept going back to the one I liked best just to compare, and finally, I said I'm so comfy on this one I might just fall asleep whilst he nipped off to get me a memory foam pillow. He said that's ok cos they're open till 6pm, so I asked him what's for lunch, and the other 2 chaps piped up with chinese take-aways, so I was almost up for spending the day in there I've gone for the level 4, Airflow 2000 which has pocket springs and memory foam mixed in everywhere, and I have to tell you, it is THE most comfy mattress I've ever laid on, and I've got a Gold Seal expensive jobby on my own web here, but this one beats that for comfort. Anyhoo, price WAS £999, BUT, my price today was £345!!! Look how much I saved Dave there

Then off to the carpet shop I went, and the old boy drove me nuts, trying to rush me about. What is it with these carpet men that they think you can just come in there, pick a carpet and pick a colour and he can write out his invoice I was almost getting annoyed with him. I had asked him to pick off 3 samples from the wall, and bring it over to a big carpet book where I had chosen a colour I liked, I wanted to compare, and I also wanted him to bring me over the carpet we have just had laid in the lounge, cos my bedroom is directly opposite so it had to go with that. I told him to "go away" please cos I couldn't quite decide, so could he leave me to it and I would make my decision over all 4 of them I had on the floor, cos I was the one who had to live with it for many years He obeyed!!! Then all of a sudden, I saw it, I said "that's the one" and he seemed happy then. Normal price is £44 sq m, BUT, today the price has come down to £14!!! Its a nice Saxony too, nice deep pile with the shadows when you hoover cos I like all that bling I'm having both bedrooms in the same carpet, plus the deepest underlay, and all in all that's 27 sq metres of carpet which I got for a song at £700 including fitting, can you believe it I can't, but there ya go, I've saved an absolute fortune for Dave today and he seems very pleased, but that's probably cos he's getting my bed.....eventually, when the carpet is down and my new bed is installed.

Curry for lunch, I slapped it in the slow cooker before I went out, and I've thrown in the onion bahji's and just about to open a bag of mini poppadoms. Oh what a perfect day

Eighteen months I've put up with this manky old carpet in my bedroom and his, and even though Dave wanted to paint the room first (that would be another year then!), I don't listen to him, like June says Jenny, just go out and do it, organise it, pay for it (with his card) and get it all delivered - sorted! I'll train you up when you come down here next week don't worry!!!

Lynn, my worst nightmare, 2 terriors one of which is a nasty, but ours are usually black with curly fur like those 2 last week that chased me up those steep steps!!! It's ONLY because Zena has been attacked or launched at so many times over the years since a puppy that I have to be so careful with her now, if they say the wrong thing, she takes umbridge, and I do hope Dillon doesn't turn into a Zena, because he's such a friendly boy, it's so unfair.

Jen, your lift IS interesting, especially on a Sunday!

Sorry, mind gone blank now, and off to prepare this lunch. Catch up later maybe. Dave back tomorrow first thing, so I'll have a good catch up this week I hope.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 12:27 PM
HELENA,you've had a very productive day Well done,amazing savings there
Hi JENNY G,good to hear Rucksack is feeling better xx
MALKA,did you decide for or against on the wine?
Electric went off here for an hour Was so dying for a coffee Back on now
Hope everyone is enjoying their day x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Eileen - well I had a look at the one recommended - turns out the macolet only has two white wines, one a regular size bottle of dry and one a litre bottle of what is marked "semi dry" and apparently that is the one recommended.

So yes, I bought it. Have opened it and had a sniff and nearly fell over drunk as a skunk. So it is in the refrigerator sniffed but un-tasted. And maybe I will drink it or maybe I will not.

But - heard some reeeeeal interesting gossip in the macolet about the new pavement and dropped kerbs stuff, and apparently so-and-so up the road, plus so-and-so further up the road, plus so-and-so down the road and just about everywhere, have been bunging the boss to get what they want and they have only bloomin' well got it. No wonder the whole job is far from finished.

Anyhoo, my neighbour [who is my landlady] was in there and got involved, and boy when she gets involved nobody gets a word in edgeways. So, she said she was going to get onto the Rosh Ha'Moatzar - the Head of the Local Authority, and scream her bloomin' 'ead off about not her yard but mine. Which, of course, belongs to her, or rather the whole family! L-rd 'elp them when she starts because if you saw this shrimp of a woman you would not believe how she can go on.

My fishwife act has nothing in comparison!

Mind you, my fishwife act is usually mostly in English so probably not much is understood, whereas hers? You do not want to be anywhere near her when she really lets off!

Oh, and the binmen turned up - which might sound like nothing but it has been a week and they are supposed to come twice a week and can you imagine the stench of some of the bins, all of which are in full sunlight and heat, if not emptied? My ginormous and far too big bin still only had one small bag in it but I use strong bags with ties - strong but supposedly biodegradable but at least my bin stays clean and unpongy.

And Vadim actually turned up to give Da Booga her rabies shot!!!!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Helena, that is surely the quickest grand you've ever spent like you say, now all Dave has to do is go out and earn it, and just think if everything was full price then it would have taken him even longer, and maybe even more time looking skywards at clutches, so you have helped him out healthwise as well
One Day, I will get myself back to the stage where I can go out and buy a new bed, I'm OK for carpets they just need a clean, have been waiting Oh So Long to win the badooly steam mop, that I will probably have given up and got down on my hands and knees with a sponge and a bucket of carpet shampoo, Not that I'm Hinting or anyfink.
Took Mabs and Keshi onto the old ford again, it was already warm when we went out, and they were setting up the car boot and lots of people about, saw about 5 dogs in the space of as many minutes, so I have done a Wise Thing getting everyone out and back in smartish. All the dogs I saw jumped to the end of their leads and barked at us, Keshi did her Meerkat Walk which she is busy perfecting, but everyone thought she was cute, yeah till she is offlead and charging around and then they would change their minds. People setting up the car boot interested in the babies and asking all about them, as per usual, so took a while to get home
Let them off into the river and they had a great time, have taken some piccies which I will download later.
Cariad and Lona were next to go up to the waterfall, we hadn't been on there long when a fisherman turned up, so girlies Very Interested in him because often fishermen give them fish, this one had only just arrived though. He was interested in the girls of course as he had never seen one before, well no one has ever seen one, unless they have seen one and Want One, in which case I do my best to talk them out of it. Some people Want One without seeing one at all, then I invite them down to be mugged and if they are still living and smiling then we take it further.
Malka, get the white wine and have with the fish and some salad and you will be living the High Life, if only for a short space of time. I really really really hope that this ramp business gets sorted, and quickly. Glad you're off the AB's at long last, because that means the Side Effects won't be presenting themselves..... hope the leg has healed up nicely now and dried up.
Sorry I've got to iron, can't stand unironed clothes and sheets, t towels, towels and underwear doesn't get ironed, but the rest does!!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 01:19 PM
TW..agree about the ironing,but have to admit I'm a bit OCD
Iron everything,t towels,towels,underwear( well just pants )Lacey's blankets,facecloths etc...not my problem though..that comes with the hanging of perfectly pressed garments...I hang my clothes according to colour
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »