View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Good morning everyone, must get on sheets to change on the beds and get them washed and out on the line. Then the housework to do while Steve is away fishing for the next night. He'll be back in time for Tony's funeral on Wednesday, firstly at the church and then at the crematorium. It always seems that to see our family all together it has to be at weddings or funerals.

Have a lovely day all and achieve all you want for yourselves today. God bless.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Good morning fellow members dull and chilly at the moment .

I was shocked this morning to find a huge piece of oak tree has fallen across the lane I walk down every day with Chloe thank goodness I wasn't under it at the time.
Last year I had just got in from walking down the lane and there was a big explosion which shook the house when a squirrel got into the little box at the top of an electricity pole and blew up itself and the power supply.

Walking can be very dangerous to your health

Enjoy your day everyone...
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-08-2013, 08:56 AM

I managed to catch one of them this morning - the nicest of the workers [as against big machinery drivers] and he said that the big boss will be around today and will tell him that I need to speak to him. They will only be working today, tomorrow and a half day Wednesday as Thursday and Friday are Rosh Hashanah, the New Year, but I need to clarify a few things even though nothing will be done here until probably the beginning of October at the earliest. SIGH

Anyhow, seven down and one to go - Da Booga's claws I mean! I managed to do another one yesterday evening but got an air snap which caught me when I tried to do the last one so that can wait. It is the outside one so probably not so important. I think it is because I am too slow and a have to be careful as my hands are not so steady, also I need to make sure I just take off the tip, and she just gets fed up.

David has collected Da Booga's Pb from the vets - I paid for them over the phone yesterday [I wish they were not so expensive] and said that he would collect them some time but I was not sure when, and he is now off downtown to the shuk to get me a load of chicken backs and/or carcases, plus some fish from the new fish place that has opened. I am looking forward to seeing it one day as I have no idea where it is or what it has, but he got some yellowfin sole fillets for me last time and they are so tasty. I will probably have one for my lunch with some salad! Oh, and he is getting me a couple of white cabbages and a few kg of courgettes as well!

The fish will be already frozen but I will have to separate each fillet and bag them individually, the chicken backs/carcases just need bagging individually and frozen, and the courgettes can wait to be prepped and steamed. So not much work to do which is good because I am in a really lazy half-zonked mood today after a not very good night.

I really hate being old and so darn useless but I guess it is far better than the alternative is it not?

Enjoy your Bank Holiday everyone!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Morning everyone that has hopped on since me.

Was having a lovely walk and the guy with the two JRT's and the pit bull mix which is his daughters that he likes to brag about is a pit bull mix but has stopped since Natalie pointed out he needs to keep quiet about it was coming along the path we were on. He put the supposed Pit bull mix on the lead and left the two JR'ts off lead one is ok the other isn't and I reeled Dillon in moved further into the long grass and the nastier of the two was trotting along got too Dillon who gave a little bounce and it growled eye balling him all the while. We kept going and it kept turning and coming back then launched itself all teeth and snarling at Dillon. No damage done it was carrying a tuggy toy and dropped that. This is the same dog that went for Ollie and ended up hanging off the fur on his chest not according to the man though.
If I hear him say his dog doesn't know what Dillon is more time I will not be responsible for my actions.
The dog clearly doesn't like big black fluffy dogs so when you see us go the other way or leash it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-08-2013, 09:04 AM
'morning Helena and everyone above

Bit dull here but no sign of rain (We had a bit in the night) OH has taken the dogmobile down to her cousin who does all the servicing, needs a new exhaust box or maybe the whole lot pipe and all, well it is basically a FIAT with a different badge so mustn't expect exhausts to last too long

I will be sorting the boiler ready for the comming winter and maybe a few jobs in the workshop and then have an afternoon snooze so I can keep awake tonight when you are all back on here at gone midnight

Enjoy the holiday
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning everyone that has hopped on since me.

Was having a lovely walk and the guy with the two JRT's and the pit bull mix which is his daughters that he likes to brag about is a pit bull mix but has stopped since Natalie pointed out he needs to keep quiet about it was coming along the path we were on. He put the supposed Pit bull mix on the lead and left the two JR'ts off lead one is ok the other isn't and I reeled Dillon in moved further into the long grass and the nastier of the two was trotting along got too Dillon who gave a little bounce and it growled eye balling him all the while. We kept going and it kept turning and coming back then launched itself all teeth and snarling at Dillon. No damage done it was carrying a tuggy toy and dropped that. This is the same dog that went for Ollie and ended up hanging off the fur on his chest not according to the man though.
If I hear him say his dog doesn't know what Dillon is more time I will not be responsible for my actions.
The dog clearly doesn't like big black fluffy dogs so when you see us go the other way or leash it.
What a total tosspot moron that bloke is. Says something to me about the 'type' of owner when they want to stress the 'illegal' side of a cross breeding. Anyone with half a brain would keep quiet about it or just say it was another cross breed.

Perhaps try telling him your dad is bigger than his dad Lynn? That might get thro' to someone with his mentality!

Now for a little update from me and hopefully in the coming week I will be able to bring myself up to date with what everyone else is doing.

I am up to date with BEV! Am waiting for her to start referring to the number of nights as 'sleepless nights' lol! I'd be the same - I think moving is very exciting. Mind you I can't sleep before travelling or when anyone is coming or going lol!
frankjames
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Nippy, I spent the first part of my life seeking busy and interesting. Now I have been forced into the slow lane for tedious health reasons I am learning to appreciate peace and quiet, and find great pleasure in small things.

However I will always find life too short for ironing.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by frankjames View Post
Nippy, I spent the first part of my life seeking busy and interesting. Now I have been forced into the slow lane for tedious health reasons I am learning to appreciate peace and quiet, and find great pleasure in small things.

However I will always find life too short for ironing.
Same here my friend! Only for very very special occasions. I prefer not to buy clothes that look awful without ironing!

As for ironing bedding linen, teatowels, undies etc. wassat all about? At the end of your time on earth you will be wishing you had back all the time you spent doing that! I won't!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Lovely morning here, have been wrestling with my laptop this morning as it didn't want to connect up or some reason.
Ended up using my phone until I could get past the freezing and ignoring me. Seems to have finally come to terms with the fact that it has been asleep on charge all night, and I expect it to work when I turn it on.
Managed last night without any bad dreams, first time for quite a while, I did wake up just about every hour, so not through the woods yet, but at least I wasn't a nervous wreck
Sun is out, girlies are already under the big umbrella, and I have citronella candles burning to at least keep some of the flies away.
Will get everyone out soon, there is a car boot sale and a sort of 3 legged race called The Scramble which is held here on August Bank Holiday Monday, it doesn't start till 3.30, as it kicks off at the local put most contestants will be slightly worse for wear by then, all girlies need to be out of the way though. Will take Cariad and Lona onto the river again as there will be a lot of people about, probably some of them with little yappy dogs!!!!
Like Pat says Lynn, what a moron. I would mention about the Police being interested in him having a banned breed, and the possibility of it being confiscated and pts. He won't be so clever then.
Can't see the attraction in JR's actually, I have never ever met one that wasn't yappy and handy with its teeth.
Many years ago when I had Dobies, I used to have to pass a house on the way to my mil's to collect my baby, and they used to fly at my poor dog, of course back then I could let him defend himself, but the bloke used to stand there and laugh, until my dog got one by the neck, then it wasn't so funny, he kept them in after that. Couldn't get away with it nowadays unfortunately.
Malka do you think there is a chance of you being able to get out of your house then, will we be partying to the early hours in celebration, I really hope so. If they are actually deigning to enter into discussion with you that has got to be a plus.
Hope your arm is better where Pereg caught you yesterday, those idiots have a lot to answer for you wouldn't have had to do it yourself if you could have got out.
LOL Mini, Lets Be Careful Out There!!!! Wonder how come the tree fell, there hasn't been any strong winds or storms have there.
Jenny, I think the reason Helena is getting a new bed and carpet is that she goes and gets them and that is it, whilst you are still in negotiation with your OH. What would happen if you just went out and bought them and came home and told him what day it was all being delivered Glad to hear Rucksac is back to his self again. I hope that is the end of the tummy troubles and you can have a normal life for at least a while.
Eileen, 3 weeks with custody of the remote control......think of the positives
Bev....this time next week....you'll be on Day 2 of your New Home. Any news on the job front at all.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 09:55 AM
TW,good to hear you had a better night Car boot sale and three legged race sounds like fun,you should enter
Always have control of the remote,we have separate tellys!! Have to content myself with no snoring House staying tidy and the likelihood of losing half a stone( he loves his grub) At least I have my mini- break coming up Then it'll be back to the school run
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »