View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Hi to all. Just a quick check in (will try to catch up soon) taking Dan, Em and all 4 kids to airport this evening. Going to Salamis for a last big family meal beforehand. Here's little Holly with me and her mum enjoying her last visit to the pool today.

Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 02:13 PM
PAT,she's gorgeous You'll miss them when they leave
Have a lovely meal out
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Sorry everyone but I have not read much as it is taking me so long to get on Dogsey that I feel like giving up completely.

Lynn - if I were you I would make 100% sure of those proposed plans for each side before committing yourselves.

jenny - sorry to hear Rucksack is poorly it seems as if it is not one it is the other

Pat - what a lovely photo! You will not know what to do with yourself after all your visitors have left and I am sure poor little Bella will be bereft. Maybe she will want extra cuddles from you?

Moyra - did you get your new glasses OK?

I cannot remember any more and if I go back to check chances are I will lose connection to Dogsey yet again. As it is this might not even post.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Jenny - poor Rucksack. I hope he feels better soon, bless him. It's such a worry, isn't it?

Pat - that's a lovely photo. I'm sure you will miss having them around.

We had a good swim and a late lunch and Steve is about to start fixing the leaky taps. About time!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Gorgeous piccie Pat, very overcast and cool today, its saying 16 degrees, back to winter woolies soon at this rate, you are sooo lucky having all that sun, I know its too hot, but I always think better too hot than too cold
Moyra, its a small village so everyone knows everyone else etc. I only have to tell a couple of people things, and then everyone knows within 24 hours, so it saves a lot of time and trouble gossip wise That's why I love it here, and never moved when I could have done. Convenient for motorway, shops etc. bus service not fantastic, train service only once an hour between 7am and 6pm, neither of them on a Sunday, but access to country parks, farms all around, I had horses when I was first here, so could literally see them in the field behind the church if they were on the hill.
I can be in open countryside in minutes, I've got the river down the hill from my house, its lovely and quiet, kids still play out in the street and there are no worries because a stranger would stand out a mile.
Malka, hope your internet access is sorted out very soon for you. Hardly dare ask how the pavement saga is going.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Malka, yes I got my glasses ok this morning. Funny I have no trouble with this site at all and yet the site I have belonged to since 2005 my IE keeps crashing on there so much so I have to use notepad and then copy and paste onto the site then it is ok. I can edit that once it is posted. I tried Chrome on there exactly the same. Yet no problems anywhere else.

TW I understand, grew up in a small village myself and everyone knew everyone even though we were two miles out of the village centre. It is such a snobby area now nobody of genuine means can afford to live there anymore. All several million pound properties up. Cannot believe it even out in the sticks where I was born. Incredible.

Just come back from walking Amber and got soaked through had to towel her dry. Need towelling down myself as my raincoat is not properly waterproof. it is just a lightweight mac but cannot withstand anything other than a light shower. I suppose I could have hung on but it has been raining more or less all day. I have already been out in the lighter showers twice today but this afternoon it is well set in. Yes, the gardens need it after the heatwave we have had.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Helena - Thanks for your concern. They have been worse over the past 2 months than ever before .... well not since I finally sorted Rucksack's food allergies initially. I'm sure by the time he's finished his abs on Thursday he'll be back to his normal self It must be so nice when people leave the vans clean ..... I've written myself a note I'm sure those young girls will have a ball staying the Van 2. I use to love my childhood holidays in our van. Hopefully a good nap will recharge your batteries for the rest of the weekend.

Moyra - You are absolutely right about those vets bills. This morning it came to £85 so as you say its not worth claiming a few pounds back. I hope you are pleased with your new glasses. The rain hasn't let up all day here but as soon as my son is back I'll have to get Flash out for a quick one and will just have to get wet.

Malka - Yes, my poor dogs are really having a rough deal at the moment. I can't say that I've enjoyed it either I hope your internet connection get sorted if that is what is causing the problem.

L.S. - Thanks. They seem to lurch from one tummy related episode to another . They have both had some food and Rucksack was desperate for some so gave him half rations as he didn't have an upset tum this morning but my brother has just had to change seats as Rucksack has chronic wind again ... doesn't bode well

I'm meant to be out this evening to my friends 60th. Fortunately it's only in a pub about 3 miles away so I'll just have to go for an hour or so as I'm not going to be happy leaving Rucksack. If I can't go its not the end of the world as I'm sure she'll understand.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-08-2013, 04:03 PM
jenny - it is definitely not my internet connection as that has been thoroughly checked twice now by my Internet Provider and everything is working just as it should be. Unfortunately I am only having problems with Dogsey

Everything else is working perfectly.

I hope you manage to get to your friend's 60th celebration but I am sure she will understand if you cannot go because you do not want to leave Rucksack.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Afternoon TW I quite like it when people go out of their way to come to meet Dillon even if they do think he is a St. Bernard or Newfoundland.
It was difficult with Ollie he didn't like attention from strangers so it makes a nice change with Dillon especially if children want to say hello.
Sounds like the walk was fun but a bit hair raising at times.
Afternoon Malka. Sorry to hear the problems are still ongoing.
We will be asking our solicitor to check out any possible planning applications thoroughly if it is only single storey or conservatory no problem but if it is going to be double storey it will affect the light in the conservatory and the patio area so we would not go ahead with the purchase.
We are still going Tuesday to measure up and my eldest brother and his wife who live in Downham market are meeting us in Upwell about 12pm he did say when we next went he would like to meet up we can't show him inside the cottage but we are going for a stroll round the village together and then maybe move on to find a coffee somewhere.
Dillon has made full use of his insurance our excess is £95 and he manages to make it worthwhile claiming each time he has had an accident.

Still raining here been raining most of the day.

Helena how nice of the people to leave the bouquet and so clean for you. I always use to clean thoroughly whenever we stayed anywhere before leaving.
The two little girls sound lovely.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 04:35 PM
if I discover one more item that needs ironed I am going to scream...now all I need to do is put it away Maybe have a little break first methinks
No rain here as yet but did put the heat on as it is a bit chilly.
MOYRA hope you and Amber are all dry and cosy
LYNN,be lovely to have a walk around the village,I'm sure there's a layby somewhere and you and OH can grab a coffee
JENNY G,hope you manage to get out for a while
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »