View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 02:04 PM
That's a devastating position to be in TW,through absolutely no fault of your own
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
...[snip]...
Going to be hard, and believe me it is hard, but I am moving on and am going to keep going till he is a mere speck in the distance, eventually like all specks in the distance he will disappear completely.
Good for you June - as you know I have disowned both of mine. I have not seen or heard from my son in over 20 years now, and should never have let my daughter back into my life when I did. As soon as she had bled me dry yet again she boogered off - and no way will I let either of them back into my life now. As far as I am concerned neither of them exist any more.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Afternoon

I just spent 3 hours in the park with a fellow mum, a nan and our 6 kids, ranging from just under two to seven-years-old. I'm not sure what is hardest Helena - your day yesterday or mine today ... it was great for the kids to all play together - and there was a water fountain - but I sure was glad to get back home to my cool garden and just have my two and Loki!

Loki was good but he's now bothering me for a bone, so I guess I'd better get him one.

I hope all is well with everyone - I haven't read much because my eye has gone blurry for some reason. I woke up with it.

Take care.
xxx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
OMG!!
Myself and youngest are off to Dub next Wednesday and Thursday...just went to book Lacey into kennels and suddenly realised Next Wednesday is her 10th birthday I can't do that!! I know its stupid,she doesn't know,but.....told Tricia I'd ring her back...SUGARLUMPS!!

Wot ARE you like woman! lol!

I've just booked Bella in for Xmas - hope she doesn't believe in Santa coz he won't be visiting the Boarding Kennels!

I've booked one way ticket to UK for 22nd December. Cannot make my brain function further than that - no IDEA what is happening Xmas but as all kids keep on and on that I've got to spend it somewhere - I am formulating a plan to take over Mart's pad for the week or so (while they are in Poland) and have my own Xmas there and they can all come see ME instead of me chasing around the blerdy Home Counties by train to see them!

Of course Mart wants me to go to Poland with them so's he has a concrete reason to book into a HOTEL and not stay with the inlaws lol! Daughter in Law says her mother will be DEVASTATED if I don't stay at her house and is already CRYING about it - Geezus! Jen says come spend it in Reading with me at mine - her house will be FREEZING!

My sister says she will be mortified if I don't spend it with them! It's a laff 'innit?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Afternoon Linda sounds like a busy day there for you.
Lovely to be popular Pat. I think them all coming to you at Marts pad is a good idea
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 03:19 PM
I've already had a text from youngest son asking if I'm going for Xmas. I had the puppies last year, so concocted a story whereby I was going somewhere else when in fact I was having Christmas Day Home Alone, which was amazingly good, I ate what I wanted when i wanted, and after cleaning kennels and yard, had a nice shower, put pj's on and stayed like that for the rest of the day until I had to clean yard and kennels at tea time.
He still has no idea I wasn't at my friends......but said that he was making sure this year I didn't 'make other arrangements'
Soooo you have my total utter sympathy on this one Pat, Poland sounds good if (and only if) you can stay in a hotel, but then the rest of them are going to be jealous aren't they, you're not going to win whatever you do.
Malka, glad I wasn't quite drained dry by Eldest Son, he's almost done it, I'm going to be struggling to pay £150 a month off the card, and I now have no back up because he borrowed that. Youngest son and friends have been awesome, but I've got to make a start on digging that tunnel outa here and back into My Old Life Wot I Liked.
Linda, better you than me, mind you its not that wonderful here, sun keeps coming out and it is quite hot when it does, but it is mainly overcast and cool, so I think the promised heatwave is doing its normal trick and staying Darn Sarf.
Oooh Jenny, do you cut hair, can you pop over and trim my ends and maybe cut a fringe in for me, my hair is in a plait that starts at the top of my head and goes down to my shoulder blades now, so a foot or so hacked off the end of it would be fine, thank you, when you've finished ironing my sheets that I put in the ironing pile of course
Well done on the MOT Chris, I think it is virtually mandatory for them to find something wrong with it, big sigh of relief on your part and as Jennys says, thats it for a year now
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 03:20 PM
PAT,I know total Lunatic Am over it,be fine
Your Christmas plans sounds lovely Can't believe you missed "dogs for sale" on page two
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 04:30 PM
L.S. - your day sounded exhausting but I bet the kids loved it and hopefully you'll be able to usher them off to bed for an early night Your fuzzy eye doesn't sound right If it hasn't lost its fuzziness by morning maybe you should get it checked out.

June - Thanks for your ironing .... it took me over an hour and half to do all mine and bit extra to do yours too Anyway my halo is well and truly above my head again having slipped. I'm no hairdresser, and literally chopped off the front few inches of my hair at the weekend as it had got so long. I do cut my OH's hair and he reckons I do it really well but honestly .... I think he's just too tight to pay a barker

Still far too hot to walk the dogs yet as our driveway is scorching so the walk will have to wait until later. They have barely moved off the cold tiles in the kitchen today and my car at 4.00 was saying that outside temperature was 26 ... yet again the weathermen have got it wrong.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Oh thanks a lot Jenny, really good of you to help me out.
All my ironing done and put away, till the next time of course......
It says it is 15 degrees here, sun still coming out, then disappearing again. Was really hoping for shorts weather this week, had them all ironed, ready and waiting, think this is it till next year as the forecast for the weekend is hardly any better Sky going quite dark now as well
Popped into Asda to get my prescription filled and had a look around whilst I was waiting, and looked on the shelves with the doughnuts on, sure enough on the shelf marked 'custard' there were Apple ones, but I wouldn't have minded them, just the jam ones are a bit too much even for me.
Oh well, had another jam one with a cup of tea when I got back in.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Upwell is slowly growing on me.
Had to do a food order for Dillon I have a local supplier now just up the road so was miffed I would be losing that.
Did a browse for raw suppliers for when we move and Raw 4 paws are Suffolk/Norfolk area and you can collect most Thursdays from Upwell village hall. Brilliant.
All I will have to do is find the village hall shouldn't be difficult its not a big village.
Page 5 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »