View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Lol Pat, I can just imagine how Christmas in Poland at the moment seems very appealing We've had one of the best summers on record this year, and I'm sure we're in a flow of these types of summers to come, last year was just a one off I'm sure.

Hi Lynne, glad you're just as pleased with yours. I've hunted high and low but cannot get another pair of these in the 5, and certainly not for the £19.50 I paid, more like £74 now!! In hindsight, at that price I really should have done what you did, but then I already had the new pair of shape ups. No wonder my backside has gone all droopy, cos it's the tone up-s (these new ones of mine) which halve the size of it (not the shape ups) and tone it all. I'm off on a 50 mile treck now then I might be a while.......

Had an e-mail yesterday from Your Dog Magazine, they want to come and stay in my little dog friendly caravan and if they like it, they will put me in their WTS (where the stay) brochure! She's just confirmed a week-end for the end of October, and is going to ring me later once I've read all of her downloads. I think it would be a fantastic place to be seen, and she said they don't want the park itself, they only want MEEEE I s'pose it's gotta be a freebie for them, but what a result if it's a freebie to get into that WTS even if you do have to qualify, I'm sure our little piece of heaven up there will tick all of their boxes and some, I hope so anyway, mustn't get big headed cos I might fail it

Off for a spot of lunch, a proper lunch today, I've got a pork chop with little roasties, summer cabbage and a yorkie, I do spoil myself sometimes, especially after the day I had yesterday, my poor aching legs, I need sustainance,maybe some chocolate ice cream to follow before a dose of JK and a nanny nap.

Catch you all later then.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 12:20 PM
It's the march of time making your bum head south Helena not yer trainers lol!

*ducks and runs away!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Afternoon Lynne did you get the paint you wanted ?
Afternoon Pat well if you had a radar as to what the summers and winters were going to do it would be very handy.
Glad to hear you survived the driving lesson.
Helena those shoes sound good and hope you enjoyed your lunch. Wow that will be a good selling point for the van to get into one of the brochures.

Done the first dump run that's it for today more to come. Having some lunch then need to tidy up indoors.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 12:39 PM
*antennai search for that Pat turned on *

No, they worked last year, I had a really nice backside (I know that cos Dave told me ), but when he says I've got to lose weight cos he has to look at me from behind, then yer know you need........ the proper trainers....along with less ice cream of course, I do know that, but also the trainers Pat, also the trainers
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 12:52 PM
OMG!!
Myself and youngest are off to Dub next Wednesday and Thursday...just went to book Lacey into kennels and suddenly realised Next Wednesday is her 10th birthday I can't do that!! I know its stupid,she doesn't know,but.....told Tricia I'd ring her back...SUGARLUMPS!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Eileen the hotel's booked now, and I have to say you are very very lucky to find a kennels with a vacant spot this time of year, I used to book mine 6 months in advance over the summer, and the same for New Year. Lacey won't know and you can give her a super party for getting to double figures, and of course I'm sure she'll lurve the Luxury Dog Item you buy her
Have done a bit of training with Kesh and Mabs. Have achieved what seemed to be the impossible with Mabs, she stayed in a sit whilst I walked 10 paces, turned, waited, called her and she came to me and then did a finish. She has been a nightmare, the minute I get more than 5 paces away she has got up and followed me, been gradually lengthening it over the weeks and we are finally there!!!! All to do with that b....y dog attacking her in May, it is has taken that long for her to feel safe. Practising sendaways with them now, as I don't want to be in the same position with them as I am with Lona 2 years down the line.
Took Cariad and Lona onto the river, quite low now, below my knees so I didn't have to worry about falling in thank goodness, and neither of the girls sunk either.
Get something to eat and a wash then out to pick up my prescription as run out of hayfever tablets today so can't not pick it up.
My friend has emailed me to say someone has run into the back of Hannah overnight and damaged the wheel cover.
She has had it at a mechanics and he said he can knock it out, but she'll need a new fabric cover, she told me she was parking behind a locked gate, so not happy about that really.
Good luck on tip trips Lynn, you'll be spending a lot of time down there over the next couple of days lol. Sad about the fish going really isn't it, I hope Mark does have room for them at his place.
Those trainers that Taffsmum has recommended sound great Helena, guess who's a size 4 - only ME!!!!!
What a nightmare walk you had this morning, sounds like what usually happens to me, its the school holidays mixed with Bank Holiday weekend, people you would never normally meet up with are out and about. I had a relatively peaceful walk, a rough collie passing on the other side barked at Mabs and Keshi and of course Keshi was leaping about but apart from that pretty good for a change, you must have had MY walk
Well done on the Where To Stay visit, how could they NOT be impressed
Hope your t'interweb gets sorted soon Malka, what with the outside and now this you must be past screaming pitch.
Girlie Biker. Youngest Son wanted to go and see him, but apparently they have to request a visit from you, and he won't want to face either of us. I don't want to see him really, I am too sick at heart over what he has done, I think Youngest Son wants to challenge him, but whats the point, its done, there's no going back and repairing the damage he's caused. No news of what is happening, so assuming he is still in there.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Afternoon Malka nice to see you sorry you are still having internet problems.
Afternoon June. Well done with Mabs.
I don't suppose eldest son wants to see either you or his brother. You're right of course you can't put right whats gone wrong just move forward which is easier said than done.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 01:40 PM
TW,well done to you and Mabs
I know what you're saying is right re: Lacey,will just have to extra spoil her when I get back( still feel like crap!!) Anyway it'll be fine,family run kennels and they just love her so a huge fuss will be made no doubt We'll have a party when I get back
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Yeah he can then invent some story to the effect that either he has no family (sob) or they have abandoned him (more sobs) either way he will not want to take responsibility for what he has done, that would require b@lls and anyone who do what he has done to his mother must be totally without that important pair of appendages.
Going to be hard, and believe me it is hard, but I am moving on and am going to keep going till he is a mere speck in the distance, eventually like all specks in the distance he will disappear completely.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Afternoon all,

I gave the dogs a good long walk this morning which I'm glad I did as it's pretty hot here now and they won't want to go for another walk until much later .... just pottering in the garden now.
I had a few hi and low-lites put through my parting and just the ends trimmed as I had a hack at it last weekend when it was driving me mad I was still gone for nearly three hours which is more than long enough for the dogs.

I have read everyone's posts but haven't got the time to comment on all of them.

Bev - I do hope Lily is OK She might be out-of-sorts due to all the activity going on in the house .. strange people there, the smell of paint etc etc. I hope that is all it is.

Lynn - So you've started sorting in earnest now. I'm sure in a week or so you'll actually start to feel excited too ... if you don't I'll send some excitement {{vibes}} your way. I think Sally's idea yesterday of holding a house-warming party on here for you is an excellent idea.

Helena - OMG your walks sound a complete nightmare!! I'm hoping there won't be so many numptees around by the time I come down and that they'll be at home as the school term must start that week (I'm hoping anyway )

Chris - Oh its such a relief when our cars pass their MOT and you can forget about it for another year. Hopefully Gary will have got on OK at the dentist.
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »