Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Afternoon

Another tired day for me. We had a lovely party for Michael yesterday and he really enjoyed it.

We had a great visit the day before to the Stondon Car Museum in Beds. They were really kind and when they found out it was his birthday, they waved his admission and let him sit on an army missile carrier and a London bus - it had featured in 'On The Buses'. He was thrilled. Here's a picture of him:

I hope everyone is okay today.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Frankjames - I hope you managed to get your 'chores' done without aggravating that wrist of yours.
Helena - What a huge relief to you coming out of the hairdressers with the haircut you've wanted for some time ... what colour are going for on Friday? Sorry to hear Zena is starting to lick her op site ..(?). Could it be the little bit of nail is going to come like Dillon's did?
L.S. - Fab photo of your little lad sitting in the bus. How nice that the staff acknowledged his birthday and he got to sit in the bus .... how cool is that
Moyra - A friend's son is a very keen fisherman and they too spend a fortune on bait ....... 'different bait for different fish' etc etc. Glad he had a good week fishing and I'm sure it was nice to see him again .... even if after 5 minutes the novelty had worn off

What a waste of time I had this morning. I spent the whole time 'hanging around'. The problem with my car is the front nearside 'drop-link' and although it is apparently easy to fit my OH is busy so I've booked it in tomorrow for an hour and will wait while they do it and eat their biscuits and drink their coffee.
I then went to collect a repeat prescription from the doctors (nasal spray) and they knew nothing about it in spite of me speaking to them last Thursday and then sending an email request after finding out the doctors hadn't received the script from the ENT consultant. After sending another email and then having to go down the surgery and actually see a doctor I got the meds. ... wrong dosage written on the label though!!

Home now and all I feel like doing is sitting down with a coffee for a nap. Maybe later after I've caught up on a few chores and walked the dogs again.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Lynn, £35 for a carbon monoxide detector? I got mine from BG, for £9.
After a year or so I had a new one in the post saying it needed replacing because they had been modified and updated.
The type I have is a sealed unit you cannot replace the batteries.

Lol Helena my hubby had the same tin for his birthday.
I had one full of sweets, saying "This sweet stash is being watched"! Great fun, I want the one saying "dogs treats" next

The talk of bait reminds me of when my son was younger. I was working nights and Paul and his cousin went to the fish quay and bought a load of sprats. They brought them home, put them in my food processor with a load of bread and whisked them up for bait. Couldn't get rid of the smell from the kitchen or the processor for weeks
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Glad the hair went ok Helena.
Lovely picture of Michael Linda.
What a wasted and annoying day you have had jenny. Hope you got the coffee and the nap.
Jenny I think our detector may be a sealed unit. It came from Wilkos for not much more than you paid for yours if that.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2013, 03:19 PM
I've had Mabs and Keshi out, did a little training session with them both, then started to try and get Keshi to do sendaways, she stopped bothering with me and was looking up the field, I turned round and there was a load of lads come on to play football, so straight away trying to get her to do anything was a waste of time. Mabs had gone and hidden in the bushes, thank goodness for the line on her.
Got her out of the bushes, put the backpack on her and a lead, all the time she's trying to go back in the bushes because she doesn't like the lads playing footie. Looked round and Keshi has completely vanished, then I saw her, 'playing' footie with the lads, not sure if they appreciated her efforts to be honest, called her and she ignored me, so started walking up the field, Mabs is doing cartwheels practically and I am hanging onto her for dear life, get level with Keshi and called her, and bless her she did come running, shouted sorry to the lads, and got her lead on and we went off home.
Mabs's carpal pad had started bleeding a tiny bit, but nothing major, will keep her in tomorrow and take her out again on Wednesday.
Had a nice walk by the river with Cariad and Lona, fingers crossed we get the promised good weather because I will be able to take them back up to the waterfall. Quite cold today really, I'm seriously considering doing some ironing, I've got the iron out, the ironing board, and some t shirts to iron, nothing been done so far, and in the absence of a miraculous visitation from the Ironing Fairy I think i'm going to have to do it
Helena, you and that hairdresser seems he's done a good job on you this time and you are happy with it, what colour are you going. Wonder if that woman with all the dogs has been told or if she was just being careful with the owner being about, you will be finding out tomorrow though won't you. This boiler saga is turning very long running isn't it, any answers yet.
Lynn, are you beginning the packing, at least you had the clear out and de clutter so won't be totally unmanageable.
When does Gordon start his new job, is it the start of the new term, because if so you've only got about a week of him being there to help you!!!
Malka read your post and I really really hope something gets done with this ramp of yours, at least it has been acknowledged that the ramp is needed, but not one so steep you will fall off backwards
Moyra, will Steve clear all the fishing stuff up out of the room now he is home, you don't have it on a sort of standby cluttering everywhere up do you Ex son used to do that with motorbike stuff and I used to put it all the utility and then it used to get covered in shavings because there is usually a bale or 2 of shavings in there, and he complained, so I sort of said well I'm not having it in the living room, and then he found a unit to put his bikes etc in!!!!! He didn't like the shavings clinging to stuff, but not my problem!!!! So he solved it by moving the entire shebang to somewhere else, may work for you!!!
Michael looks so sweet on that bus, Linda. Glad you had such a lovely day out with him.
Jenny, what a waste of your day, can't believe the doctors can't get their act together enough to do the right prescription, but then again, am I surprised NO.
They have found the noise in your car at least, and it is going to be fixed, so that is good news for you.
Eugh, Nippy, your poor kitchen, that is dire
Bet they never dared do it again!!!
Hope you get a really nice job where you are going to live Bev, and it is a lot less stressful than the one you've got now, because they don't half put on you.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 03:41 PM
OMG!!!! I'm sitting here in shock I just took delivery of a parcel from a little foreign man, didn't see his van cos he didn't come up on the drive he stayed parked down on the road, and didn't want a signature, just handed it to me.

The label says it's from Argos Direct, and as I started pulling it out.......it's only an I-PAD which I never even ordered WTF I quickly shovedit back in the wrapping not daring to openit any further cos I'm thinking, this isn't for me I'd better check the label and take it to where it should have been delivered, BUT, although the name is wrong it's to a Mrs H Catt, the address IS mine????

Ooooer, what do I do now then?? I'm then thinking it could be the long awaited I-pad from the park (my commission remember for the referral was originally an I-pad and £250!) but surely they wouldn't have got my name wrong

It's sitting on the floor whilst I think this one through......hmmmm be nice if I can have it wouldn't it, but I couldn't bear the thought of some little old lady (just like me) awaiting delivery of a new i-pad and she put in the wrong address when ordering it online. Decisions, decisions. I'm going to ring the resident's association and see if we have a Mrs H Catt anywhere in this road. It just doesn't make sense to be MY address on that label though does it I might open it a bit further and see if there's some paperwork in there, might tell me if it IS in fact mine from the park, but I very much doubt it.

I can swap lampshades in Dunelms yes, but I can't take an i-pad that isn't for me, it's just not me - sadly, not even in my old age I couldn't do that. I really want it though, wouldn't you, especially as it's come for free!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Helena - isn't it yours from the caravan park owners?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Maybe they just got the surname wrong or it was misheard somehow, because H stands for Helena. I've a feeling its For You 'cos the site owners have given up the fight and you've won!!!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Oh here, Helena, don't look a gift horse...etc, that's a nice surprise.

I've done my dishes, the shopping has been and the hoovering has been done. My Uncle was in picking Brian's IT brain. Watching my uncle working a laptop is like a Neanderthal trying to drive a car. He's hilarious, he says it himself. So funny

I'm going for a walk after dinner, then ironing and study. Just got dinner to do, although goodness knows what we are having.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 04:10 PM
I've decided it's not for me I haven't opened it any further than to see the box which says i-pad on it though. I've just noticed, the way they've put my 3 figure house number on there, there's an actual *dot* after the first figure which to me, means a flat, and it's right down the bottom of this road in the double digit house, cos I've also noticed the blooming postcode is different Tcht, fancy getting me all excited like that and now I've gotta hand it over to its rightful owner lol!

I shall go and deliver it tomorrow, but of course, I shall have my Inspector Clueso hat on when I call into this house, ask them some questions first, before handing said parcel over. I don't want to get that nice foreign guy in trouble cos he delivers a lot of parcels here (hence the reason I just took hold of it without even looking), and I'd hate to disappoint somebody, and me being me, I'm just too darned honest for my own benefit at times I will be repaid for this though and tenfold, just you wait and see, it's another one of life's little tests

Oh Linda, what a lovely picture of Michael there in his big, red bus, but he doesn't seem to want you looking at him

Hi June, well done to Keshi for coming to you when called and away from an exciting football, that's a bonus. Sorry to hear Mab's pad is still not healed. Zena's little pink stump has nothing there, no nail, no nothing, just like an amputee she is now, bless her. He did say it will grow back, but if there's nothing there, how can it I had my hair coloured with that bright red Wella vegi colouring, it's really lush and oily and gives your hair great shine and a lovely bright red sheen on a dark base, bit like a beetroot I s'pose, but I kinda like that, but then I'm strange when it comes to hair colour.

Hi Jenny, what a wasted blooming morning you had there, I hate sitting in garages, I had to sit in one waiting for the new tyre on the Astra last year, and then again the other week with the bimmer.

Now that the excitement with the parcel is all over with, I'd better get the ironing board out and have a sulk
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »