Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 05:59 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Monday

Morning all Dogsey Peeps

Up early this morning as Dave went off at 6 am to do his 4 day stint, and to top it all, he starts this week with yet another clutch (thankfully, not a mini so not a 7 hour job this time), and two more to look forward to before he comes back, so he'll be suffering with neck ache or a headache next week-end I expect. His body's too old for this job now, but if he can't sell and has a lease to pay for another year, nothing he can do about it really, it's put up and shut up.

I'm off to the hairdressers for a tidy up, I am armed with no less than 5 pictures this time, one of which is my worst nightmare which he gave me 6 weeks ago, so I'm hoping he can cut it back into the shape I do want, but it's a long shot, it's Monday, he's an *artiste* don't forget and he might have had a bad week-end Oh Lordy, I'm definitely gonna have to go on some kind of course to learn to cut it myself methinks if it turns into yet another disaster. I must make sure I have my diplomatic hat on and choose my words very carefully before he picks up those scissors.

Had a lovely week-end with Dave, but it goes all too quickly when it's only the 2 days, so next week-end he is having Friday off and then of course, we'll have 4 days when it's Bank holiday.

Hope you've all had a good one, sorry I haven't caught up, but we had major puter problems yesterday when we realised Dave's new lappy had managed to use the same internal ip address as mine, and that took some sorting with the help of Google, but all fixed now.

Got 2 good friends coming over for the day tomorrow, must book lunch somewhere, cos I have no table here to knock something up myself for them (that's intentional!!).

Enjoy your day every one and I'll pop in later after the dreaded haircut
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Morning Helena,

I'm taking my car over to Honda for 10 this morning for them to pop it up on a ramp and see what's going on with that knocking noise. My only concern is that if its not obviously the torsion bar (I goggled Jazz knocking noise) that they'll keep renewing bits at great expense and not stop the knocking. OH got back safely last night after a really quick run of under 4 hours from Pembrey. (5 1/2hrs going there).

Helena I'm really pleased you had a lovely weekend with Dave Everything crossed that your hairdresser has had a good weekend and is in a creative mood .... good luck.

I hope today finds you and your dogs all well.

See you all later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 06:20 AM
Morning Jenny, I hope they find out what that noise is for you before they start replacing anything unnecessary. I hope you can point them in the area it's coming from, cos that always helps doesn't it. Considering your o/h is so clued up, if it was something simple, he would have known though wouldn't he Oh dear, hope it's not gonna be an expensive noise Jen, and most of all let's hope they find it before the end of next week hey! Good luck, I hope it's nothing you've left in the back which has slipped down underneath somewhere, maybe where the spare wheel is and it's knocking against the metal?, that would be embarrassing wouldn't it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2013, 06:27 AM
Morning Helena good luck at the hairdressers. Good luck with booking lunch too.
Pleased you and Dave had a good weekend.
Morning jenny sounds like you need good luck wishes also with the Honda.
Thank you for the links not much difference traveling wise just a different direction. I might gain a few minutes but not much more.

We have the gas man coming between 8 and 1 today to do the annual boiler service once that's done paperwork can go off to solicitor. We held onto it A) because we were still looking and B) because its easier to package every bit of evidence needed together rather than in dribs and drabs.
Other than that feeding Dillon, cleaning, and washing and start some packing I suppose.
Have a good Monday all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 06:32 AM
Morning H, jenny and all,

1 week 5 days to go you will be glad to see me moved by the time the big day comes as you will be totally fed up of the countdown .

Yesterday on the greyhound stand was a rather hot but successful day.
Today I have a busy day too and work this afternoon/evening. I am still frantically trying to find another job over where I am moving as I have only this week and 3 days next week at my present job before I leave.

Good Luck with that hairdresser H, I hope you finally get the cut you want and pleased you had a good weekend with dave.

Jenny hope you get your car sorted without too much expense.

Hope everyone else is alright and that you all have a good day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Morning Lynn, hopefully the boiler service will be as straight forward as it should be. Good luck with the start of packing and enjoy your walk with Dillon. I just had a look again at the cottage you are buying and it really is FAB!!!!!
Bev good luck with the job hunting but it may be easier once you are up there and you will need a short while to unpack and make your new place a home
Helena - All my OH did the other day was to remove the front wheels to check it was nothing dangerous. The noise is coming from under the bonnet and is not a metal on metal noise more like a rubber on rubber or rubber on metal thud My car doesn't have a spare wheel which really annoys me as there is a place for one

See you later folks.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Good morning all - a late morning for me today as my son got up for the early shift with Marco, when I left they were both fast asleep on the sofa and floor.

Going on holiday tomorrow and not even thought to start packing, my mind is running haywire with all the things I have to do - arghhh!

Helena good luck at the hairdressers, I really don't like going - think I'd rather go to the dentist
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 07:47 AM
Good morning all.

Waiting for the vets to open to get an appointment for this afternoon. Rosie is nattering endlessly at both her bum and her bits and has thrown up this morning .

Sunny morning and looks like it's going to be a hot one. Not too hot, I hope, because I hate 'sticky' heat.

'Phoned my mum last night and she's still much the same - up a bit, down a lot. I'm going over again next week, but will try to avoid the weekend even though I don't get to see the kids and grandkids while I'm there because traffic is awful during the school holidays at the weekend and can add an hour to the journey.

This week isn't going to be a good one - vets today, MOT tomorrow, Gary to dentist on Wednesday. Where did my quiet life go???

Hope everyone is OK and that you all have a good day xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Good morning fellow members another lovely morning .
I am off to the doctors to collect a prescription and will go to the fruit farm on my way home to pick some plumbs.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day
frankjames
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Good morning, I have to try and do a shedload of chores (including in fact, clearing the shed) without aggravating an injured wrist. Even with a brace - tricky...

Enjoy the summer all.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »