register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Here's a piccie of the mill in its heyday, it was built 1906 by the same people that built the Midland Hotel in Manchester, and is a grade 2 listed building, the chimney is noted as 'exceptional'
Taffsmum sent me the piccie over

Looks very 'dark satanic mills' doesn't it you can see the village church on it, that is 'Weatherfield Parish Church' that you see on Corrie
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Evening jenny enjoy the peace and quiet and tidy house.
Evening Pat sounds like you are still under the weather and struggling a bit. I am intrigued by Moneth and the water board. I think when it cools down for you and you can walk Bella again on the pavements you will find those nails start to recede a bit.
Evening Lorraine so glad the send off for your dad went well. Well as well as these things can.
Evening Lynne. The decorating sounds like it is becoming a huge chore. Doesn't help when OH is unwell. Well done to your Granddaughter.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Evening June. That looks like a nice peaceful spot to sit and think.
I am sure Keshi will walk it on Sunday.
Evening Eileen.
Evening Jenny you will miss your friends but not the hard work I imagine.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Amazing picture June. I love looking at old photos of areas I have lived or visited.

Been to do some shopping Owen and Joel are staying overnight tomorrow and I have invited Mark and Tracey for a roast dinner Sunday when they pop round to pick them up.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Hello everyone, sorry so late today but that was down to a restless night and then my pc went up the creek and I had to do a system restore and somehow I locked myself out of Dogsey had to get another password to get back in. I have been bitten to death and my hands are so sore with bites. I shall have an early night tonight.

Sorry I am brain dead and although I read all the postings I am too tired to comment on them all, so sorry everyone. Have a good evening. God bless.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 05:12 PM
MOYRA,you sound worn out Hope you manage a good nights sleep and have something to ease your hands...sleep well xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Evening Moyra sorry you have had such a trying day.
Hopefully you will have a restful night.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Evening all

Lovely pics you've put up there June, especially your new rock in situ, and the old picture of the mill by the river, is that the actual river that you go into and is that the mill in the background of your first pic by your rock? It's a big river, don't get washed away will ya playing about in there with the girlies

Lorraine, so glad today went as beautifully as you wanted it to and everyone was there to support you. That's what it's all about really, everyone was there to support you, that's what they all go for, and I'm so glad you managed to get through it and say your little few words you wanted to say. Now you can move on.xxx

Now I've forgotten everything else Sorry folks, got a lot on my mind, dealing with something here concerning the park and my referral fee, or rather lack of it They won't win with me though. Apparently, they are now psychic, in that the groundworks I had done when we bought this 2nd van were in exchange for the referral fee that I applied for, weeks later when I referred somebody to buy a van on their park! Right bunch of muppets up there, I'd better go in and stand my ground tomorrow morning and face up to them cos they sure aren't good at writing e-mails!

Cooking Dave a nice steak tonight, and I'll do extra chips so I can have some for myself. I do hope he's in a good mood, I know he's been busy this week, so tired and quiet is good enough

Won't be around much now, van to do tomorrow morning, Dave around wanting my constant attention So I'll say night night everyone and have a good week-end.xxx
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Evening all...

Hope all is well with all....not too many problems and poorlies....hugs to those who need it xx

I think you were right not to go for that remote bungalow, Lynn, you are not used to being on your own, and being so far away from anyone you know, it is very daunting.

Eversuffering husband is on his way back from Gretna Green, dont know what time he will be home tomorrow, not too late I hope... dont want to be off collecting him tomorrow night....

Fed up with the flippin phone calls re his car insurance. As he isn't here it's left to me to sort it....so will not be picking up the phone to who I dont recognize on the call recognizing thingy...

I have vodka and tonic and a pizza to put in, so I am reasonably happy

I maybe pop in later, or I might just get to read it all over the weekend, take care all xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Evening everyone, just saying hello before Corrie starts.

Lore, you must feel relieved that today is over and you can do your grieving as and when you want to. Big cuddle for you.

Will be back later if anyone is still around
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »