Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Good afternoon everyone.
I've for gotten everything I have just read already except H, why does she always stick in my mind I hope you get that woman sorted out

Oh yeah Joedee, that eye injury of Roodee's sounds horrendous I hope he soon recovers.

The Germans have gone, floods of tears and "come back soon's" The bed has been striped and the house is nearly back to normal.

Coo innit 'ot again now?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Lore - I'm so pleased your Dad's funeral went off so well and well done for speaking and keeping it together (not that it would have mattered if you'd lost it). It's been an horrendously emotional few weeks for you and as you say hopefully you can start to move on again. ((hugs)).
Taffsmum - You must be shattered after all the physical work decorating .... actually what you've been doing is the hard bit, painting is far easier but if you are willing to get someone to do it for you all the better. I hope you can leave the other room for a while and now have a few days of chill time ... you must need it.
Pat - It sounds as though you and your family are having an absolute ball .... but so tiring I bet Its great that the boys have made friends with some upstairs. Isn't it wonderful how kids just befriend each other I'm sorry its quite so hot for you all, any dull days or lower temperatures on the horizon?
Moyra - I'm hoping the reason you haven't been on today is because you are having a quiet day after so little sleep last night. You too must feel like you've been through the emotional wringer too. I assume you still don't have a date for you B-i-l's funeral?

I've just had a phone call from a good friend (neighbour) and I'm off to have coffee with her shortly which will be nice before I come back and settle in for a quiet night.
See you later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Nippy you snuck in when I had my back turned. It's always sad saying good bye to friends. Have you made plans to see them again soon? I bet you'll be dozing in that big arm chair of yours in front of the TV tonight after your busy week and then getting the house straight again.

Has anyone heard from Brierley (Chris), I just wondered how she is getting on.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 03:19 PM
LORE,happy to hear everything went smoothly,I'm sure your dad is very proud of you
TM,great news with the results,well done to her
JENNY G,hi,enjoy your coffee date
PAT,sounds like fun with you...doting nannie or what??
Eye popping is more common than you'd think!!Especially in certain breeds cavvies,pugs,shihtzu's etc the breeds whose eyes sit out more....met a lady once who thought the postman may have kicked her dog resulting in its eye popping out he lost his though
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Hi Jenny, haven't seen Chris for ages as you say hope she is okay.

My friends will be back around May next year. It will soon come round I bet
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 03:23 PM
I've been on for a read, just been doing other stuff as it looked as though we were due for rain, so got Keshi out and onto the field for her run round and little training session, she is doing the stops really well now, of course on Sunday she will probably NOT do it so well, but so far so good. Still keeping Mabs in as I don't want her knocking that leg. I then took Cariad and Lona onto the river, they leapt in and disappeared, water was really deep, they didn't seem bovvered and made their way to the bank and scrambled up and then continued their way up to the waterfall, I followed them, made it there at last, water up to my knees in the places I was actually in the water.
Here is a piccie of My Rock In Situ

You can see where they have blocked off the access to the mill carpark once more. I have also got my Private Viewing Platform they have very kindly made for me.
I just need a table and chairs, and maybe a BBQ up there now

Had a right old time of it getting back as I decided to go back through the bushes, there is a pathway of sorts but I haven't used it in a long time so it was pretty overgrown, anyway we got to the bit where we have to go into the water, and my foot slipped and off I went down the bank into the water, luckily I saved myself as I got in upto my knees, so could have been worse.

Everyone got a bone whilst I cleaned out and swilled the yard down. Have been out this afternoon, went to get the bones from the big freezer and had a chat with the guy there, and he is really gunning for Eldest ex-son. He has given me his mobile number and says if he ever does turn up back at my door, I am to ring him and he will be over like a shot and sort him out. Glad he's on my side

Lynn I am sorry you decided against the pink cottage, but you are right in the way you are thinking, it is very isolated and you are not used to being alone at night, and it would have been pretty scary for you. I am sure this other house will grow on you, it is just like others are saying, you are having the move forced upon you rather than it being a decision you have taken, so nothing will float your boat because of the circumstances.
The thought of being mortgage free is the main thing here, and never having the worry of a mortgage if Gordon's contract isn't renewed by any mischance (can't see this though as everything you have said about him points to him being excellent at his job)
Helena, what a stupid woman with those dogs, obviously has no real idea how to control them really, it is flaming hard work when that happens, will be interesting to see what response you get and if she is told about them being offlead. Be lovely if you get a break tomorrow and
no van changeover to worry about.
Glad Zena is still OK with her claw (or non claw) and no bleeding. One day I will get myself into Pets@Home and get myself wound powder and a grooming rake because half of my grooming rake has been broken off by Keshi.
Wonder if my wholesaler where I get shavings from has any wound powder, they do lots of horsey stuff, must ask.
Nippy, you sound like you are running a B&B
Joedee, that sounds horrific, I'm not sure what I would do if one of mine came running in with their eye hanging out, well I'd have to cope actually, and have mass Hysteria after. Hope the eye is OK and sight isn't lost.
Taffsmum, well done to your grandaughter, they all seem to be really brainy and doing well for themselves, must be their Grandma
Pat, in desperate need of hot weather again, so send some over here please, and the swimming pool sounds lovely, still waiting for the Moneth Saga, which sounds fascinating if the Water Board are involved in it
Jenny, I'm here now, thought I'd better crack on because I thought it may rain, but it hasn't so far, sounds like your OH is getting it. Fingers crossed for a quiet weekend for you and no visitors parachuting themselves in and ruining your time out.
Glad it all went well for you Lore and your father got a lovely send off from his family. Big hugs, the worst is over now.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Good afternoon everyone.
I've for gotten everything I have just read already except H, why does she always stick in my mind I hope you get that woman sorted out

Oh yeah Joedee, that eye injury of Roodee's sounds horrendous I hope he soon recovers.

The Germans have gone, floods of tears and "come back soon's" The bed has been striped and the house is nearly back to normal.

Coo innit 'ot again now?
lol! Same here most of the time - I put it down to her very amusing writing style when relating the minutae of her daily life to us!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Here is a piccie of My Rock In Situ

You can see where they have blocked off the access to the mill carpark once more. I have also got my Private Viewing Platform they have very kindly made for me.
I just need a table and chairs, and maybe a BBQ up there now
Ahh the famous ROCK! Great stuff! Is that building in the background an old mill? That looks a lovely sort of 'enclosed place' to walk your 4 leggeds.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 03:39 PM
TW. The brains definitely missed my generation. Mind you they've had more opportunities so I do sometimes wonder what would / could have happened if I hadn't had to leave school at 15.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 04:10 PM
TW,love the pic of "my rock" Good to hear you have back up if anything kicks off
NIPPY,hope you're o.k,house must seem quiet now without the visitors Look like a lovely couple Guess its back to snakes and ladders for you and OH
LYNN,hope the form is good(( hugs))
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »