Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Well didn't get much sleep last night.

Around 9pm Roodee went outside on his own & came zooming back in after one loud scream outside, his left eye had popped out

Went into emergency mode, crated the 4 oldest collies, threw Meg & Tommee into the back of the van & Roodee into one of the front crates & bombed off to the vets, ringing them on the way as well as his other mum, Josie.

By 9.25 he had been examined by my favourire vet, John, sedated & taken off to await one of the vet nurses arriving(them live in a terrace of houses at the back of the surgery)so he could be operated on

11 pm call from John, eye was back in & stitched up & he was hopeful that a full recovery could be the result as Roodee had treatment very quickly.

They have rung his morning & he is awaiting collection by Josie & she will take him home for the weekend for some peace & quiet

Phew, what is extordinary is after the initial scream, Roodee acted totally normally He wagged his tail & kissed John all over & was his usual talking exceited self even after he had the sedation !! Speaks loads of his true Cavalier temperament & character, if he keeps his eye it will be great, if he doesn't he won't mind & it won't affect the quality of his life one iota
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Afternoon Joedee. Eeeeek poor Rooodeee and you.
Hoping the op has worked and he manages to keep the eye.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Hi everyone,
OMG JOEDEE,what a shock that must have been,the poor boy.Fingers crossed he'll be o.k(( hugs))
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Joedee - OMG that post of yours was horrific to even read, let alone witness poor Roodee with is eye hanging out. I hope his eye has been saved .... what a sweet, sweet character he has ...bless him.
Hi to Eileen and Girliebiker.
Lynn - I think it is a fact that as we get older we worry more .... understandable as when you are young you are invisible and never going to get old etc etc. As we get older we can recognise the pitfalls of a given situation etc. I'm glad you managed to get hold of the EA first thing.

All my jobs are done now other than another walk out with the boys before they have their tea. My OH left around 2pm and by the sounds of the traffic reports he's going to have a very very slow journey to Wales .... and a wet one . My son's car passed its MOT, I did my food shopping and have had a general tidy up. The nice thing is that I know the house will remain tidy now until OH gets back on Sunday night.

No sign of June today .. I hope she is OK and just out walking those dogs of hers.

See you all later.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Good afternoon all. Slightly brain dead with the activity levels and the schedule! Jen, Phil and I went to Salamis our favourite local for a meal en route to the airport yesterday evening. We all had the octopus as it is the best available anywhere.

Early morning start today off to the Water Board at 8am (Moneth related) Jen walked Bella.

I did a cooked and cold continental breakfast for one and all on my return.

Then off to huge supermarket with Emma for her to buy some more supplies for the kids. And lunch on our return (we did sneak a sit down and a cold drink in whilst out) lunch was half bought ready cooked and half made so not too arduous.

Have just done about hour and a half paid work (no option I got an email!) Em and baby dozed under the aircon for an hour or so while Dan had the boys down at the pool - Em and Holly have joined them now and Jen and I sat here in the silence!

I will go down shortly but ... it's just TOO DARNED HOT. I did tell them - Kids are OK but Dan is already burned (so much for he likes it hot!) and although they walked into town last night to stroll the prom (another public holiday here - the Assumption or Ascension of the Virgin) they ended up getting a cab back even though it is only about 15 mins because of the heat even that late on.

The boys have received an invite to join the family in the penthouse above to watch some DVDs with their boys later this evening - they've made friends already which is really nice. And it means either of any of the adults can be at the pool as the responsible guardian for all of the kids. Can't see the pool surface for colourful inflatables and they are all having a whale of a time.

Have already had two enquiries about Moneth's ex flat. But I need a breather from this malarky for a little while longer. They are welcome to view but I ain't going to get involved in printing out leases and traipsing to Water and Elec boards until all family have gone.

Bella's nails have grown REALLY quickly. Vet cut them just before I left for the wedding and they hadn't been trimmed for about 1 and half years before that - him saying they did not need it. Well they look longer now than before he trimmed them just one month later?

I guess the shorter walking and hardly any on pavement because of the heat makes a difference. But I am loathe to make a special vet visit for a nail trim again yet so am hoping either Jen or Dan will volunteer to hold her still while I do them. Neither of them are keen!

Helena - I don't think you had any option other than to complain and to follow it up if necessary. Not unless you are prepared to allow this dog 'owner' (used loosely) to spoil all future walks with their thoughtlessness.

I think I will have a little afternoon drinkie now. And hope to check back later if I am not dragged into some activity!

My granddaughter is a most beautiful chirpy, fun filled and happy child. I love her.

**doing a bit of a catch up.

A popped eyeball? Wot the 'ell is that and what causes it?
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Hi guys,

Ouch poor Roodee, hope they can save the eye.

I'm glad to say Dads funeral went well. It was lovely, dignified and simple. Dad would have loved it. Davie did amazingly, i was so proud of him, Brian was a tower of strength. His four brothers carried him to the grave and helped put him to rest. I managed to say my bit, and said goodbye so I'm just glad I did it without breaking down. We had a drink at our local after and it was lovely.

I'm glad it's over, I can start to move on now.

The rest of today will be resting and relaxing.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Just checking other social venues ... this made me smile!

Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Afternoon all. I've not posted for a few days - well I did try & wrote a long post - twice & each time I lost it.
Can't remember whose doing what but hope you're all having a good day.
The decorating still ongoing here. We've scraped the walls in the front room - what a job. but OH has been ill with a bad tummy bug all week so it's mostly been left to me. Anyway yesterday he decided that he couldn't face doing the painting & we've sill got the back room to do so he phoned a fella up out of the paper to give us a quote. He came last night & gave a quote for painting the front room & ceiling £70 & £140 for stripping, scraping & painting the back room. He can only start next Friday though so we have to live in a pig sty for another week. OH's son came last night & did a bit of plastering - just bits in the front room - he'll have to come back next week to do the back room.
Granddaughter of her A level results yesterday A,B,B, so she's well pleased.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Well done your granddaughter Taffs. You must be very proud.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Well done your granddaughter Taffs. You must be very proud.
We are. Grandson gets his GCSE (or whatever they are now) next week so we're hoping he does as well.
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »