View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 07:41 AM
I dropped my son at the station again this morning for his second day of training in London and he thinks I should get my car checked out as its making a knocking sound at the front. I think it's worse when cold as I mentioned it to my OH yesterday and he didn't think it was a problem

Lynn - That bungalow looks lovely. Good luck and I really hope you like it. I'll look forward to hearing what you think. ((hugs)).
Helena - Good news that Zena's foot looks OK still and yes, it needs to be fixed before I come down. I'm putting my dogs on harnesses this morning in the hope I can stop them eating all the debris they find on the ground
Bev - I hope you've managed to get rid of those pesky fleas
Nippy - Hopefully the weather will be kinder for you and our friends today - and a fish & chip supper I'm sure will go down well.
L.S. - Enjoy your Loki walk and hope you find some inspiration to amuse the children today. I remember those days only so well
Kazz - Hi and I hope you have an enjoyable day.
Eileen - Did your numbers come up last night
Harvey - Good luck and I hope your offer on that house is accepted.

I'm off shortly but will see you all later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Morning Everyone,

Very tired this morning. Must get hold of my sister this morning to find out what is going on. It is difficult to find her she doesn't always come home and I do not have Jane's phone number but with Robert back she should possibly be back home now. I keep getting the answer phone. She has had a lot to sort over the last couple of days.

jenny you right it will be too hot for me. Still it will soon be winter so mustn't grumble.

Helena, hope Zena's paw soon dries up and she gets back to normal again.

Lynn property looks promising certainly a lot of ground there as you say not sure about the lean to but if Gordon has plans for that then not a problem. Good luck with the viewing.

Bev. hope you overcome the problem with the fleas outside it is a big problem isn't it especially if you have hedgehogs that visit.

LS Sorry you had a bad night, I hope you feel better soon and Loki is ok. School holidays are a bind by now because the kids are getting bored.

Nippy, enjoy your last day with the germans, I hope you manage to entertain them ok.

Lore, hope you are coping ok and things are getting sorted. take care. God bless.

Have a good day everyone, hope all goes well for all, God bless.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena I think you need it to dry out with regards to Zena's paw. Best to check though.
Morning Bev you can dust Lily with the DE too. Good luck with the AB's.
Jenny enjoy the last day with the Germans and your drive and your fish and chips.

Anyone want a peek at what we are going to see ? You have to ignore the funny lean too thingy on the back . It may be taken down but Gorden has plans for it if we like the garden and the rest of the bungalow. Plus Mark is very handy in these areas .
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-39403147.html
Before I even look at anything other than the first photo can I just say I ALWAYS WANTED A PINK COTTAGE lol!

I had my eye on one down in Bude for years but, when we came to buying in the W. Country it turned out that one was used as a timeshare, was much larger than it looked from the distance and was in the region of millions! (s'pose I could paint the outside verandah pink!) doubt I'll ever get my pink cottage now.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Morning all,

Had a good night last night. Was up seeing my friend who is on holiday, she lives just outside Sheffield. My friend Fiona and I went to see her, we laughed so much that her 5 year old wee lassie came down and said she couldn't sleep for us laughing so we were a bit quieter after that

Today, sort out ironing, got a meeting with the funeral director later to sort out who is sitting where at the funeral. So got to think about that.

How on earth am I going to get through this.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning all,

Had a good night last night. Was up seeing my friend who is on holiday, she lives just outside Sheffield. My friend Fiona and I went to see her, we laughed so much that her 5 year old wee lassie came down and said she couldn't sleep for us laughing so we were a bit quieter after that

Today, sort out ironing, got a meeting with the funeral director later to sort out who is sitting where at the funeral. So got to think about that.

How on earth am I going to get through this.
Thinking of you (((hugs)))
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Lore I am sure you will cope. Have been speaking to my sister Kath and her family are falling apart rowing with each other its terrible. The granddaughter went on [a social network] and lamented about losing her grandfather who she only ever saw once or twice a year all within a hour of him going and before my nephew knew his dad had gone he saw it on [a social network] so naturally that upset the rest of the family as they felt she was sympathy grabbing. I have asked my sister if there is anything I can do like take the dog for her as I always looked after her other dog when she went on holiday. I am sure it would resolve one problem for her I think I could manage to walk the two of them either side of my walker he is only a little dog.

I wish I could do more for her. But it is difficult when she has four children and two of them are falling over themselves to help her as they should and the other two and their offspring are giving her grief. Tony would be most upset at his elder sons attitude about not delaying his holiday until after the funeral. The other son is going back to Canada on the 31st so she will have to have the funeral before then but he dearly wanted his mum to go back with him for a holiday but she thinks she will leave it until later in the year for the fall in Ontario. Maybe Jane will travel with her if not maybe my Steve will and I will look after the dog then. Happy Families, the worst time for them are funerals.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 11:55 AM
LORE AND MOYRA,thinking of you both(( hugs))
LYNN,loving the pink cottage,fingers crossed for you xx
JENNY G, I'm still penniless!!but at least the sky didn't cave in and that horrible feeling from yesterday is gone
Youngest has decided on a girlie day,bit of shopping,haircut and maybe have her nails done.Only really needs me for my car and purse!!
Hope everyone is o.k,look forward to a catch up later...an overjoyed Lynn hopefully xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Afternoon all

Just had a 2nd walk with Zena which pleased her no end, and even though I can't chuck her ball, I can kick it to her sometimes and she has a good old sniff about, cos there's lots to read at lunchtimes isn't there, once all the other doglets have been out and about, I'm sure.

Went to B&Q for a tin of exterior white paint, jeesus Christ £50 The one I bought last week Dave has almost used up and he's only done the front terrace, so no wonder people charge so much to paint the outside of your house with paint costing that much Hopefully, this large tin will do the whole of the back, and then it's just one side left to paint cos the neighbour's son did the other side, and hopefully, he'll do this side when he comes back from holiday. No more painting left for me then.

I got really worried about a 2 week booking I had for september. No less than 5 e-mails I sent her, each one ignored They have paid a £50 deposit, but I stupidly didn't take a contact address or phone number, so it seemed strange that they didn't want the holiday. Anyhoo, I decided to google her e-mail address cos of the unusual name, and lo and behold, it comes up with this computer company, so I rang the number on there, and as I was leaving a message, the guy picked the phone up and was so pleased I had phoned them because she had changed her e-mail address and never goes in there to look and wouldn't have seen any of my e-mails! He is paying the balance today, so at least I don't have the worry of re-letting those 2 weeks, that could have turned out to be quite a loss for me at £500! Doesn't bear thinking about, but it's taught me a lesson to always take the details on booking.

It's the Eastbourne Air Show today, which is a 20 min drive away, and the Red Arrows are there at 4pm, so if I go back into the woods and climb right up on the top, considering I can see Brighton on a clear day, I should get a good view of the Red arrows which I just adore. They make me knees go wobbly lol! Stupendous show they put on, could watch it all day.

Right, better get myself sorted with a bit of lunch, a bit of Jeremy and a bit of a nap.

Lynn, I love that cottage, it's definitely "the one" I do hope you think so too once you've viewed. Not too keen on the 2 accro's in that conservatory thingie but I'm sure that can be sorted. One thing you might want to think about though, is how remote it actually IS, because remember, you will be home alone 4 nights a week like I am, and I quite like having all these neighbours around me when I'm on my own, but you might be different. Check out the house next door and who's in it, and if nobody is, then it could be a bit too remote for you perhaps? I hope not, cos it all looks so perfick. Strange about the price of £125K cos when you view the guided tour bit, the price states £130K upwards? Check that one out too, but hopefully, they've already accepted an offer from you by now!!!

Moyra, so sorry it's all getting so stressful for you and the family now (((((hugs)))).

Lorraine, you will get through it, and there will be more tears I'm sure, but you will get through it.xxxx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 12:05 PM
It would be wonderful if Lynn came back convinced she has got the right property now one way or the other at least.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Blood test results are back, doc needs to see me next Tuesday! Bet it is still the kidneys with CKD3. Might be liver as I know I must have a fair amount of fat around it.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »