View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Oh June, I don't know what has happened with you and your son (still haven't caught up) but it sounds awful and I hope you are okay. x

Helena - your sausage hunt sounds like my mackerel hunt. I can only get it in the supermarkets and the quality - not just the mackerel itself but the filleting - is patchy to say the least. I must learn to do it myself but the mackerel I had last night tasted disgusting.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Hi everyone
Am usually always the one way but today I'm in funny form,not funny haha,funny strange.Can't seem to shake this feeling that something major is going to happen!!Not sure if it's good or bad just that its huge.No idea what that's about:017.....possibly losing the plot
Hope everyone is ok(( hugs)) to all who need them,especially LYNN,LORE,TW,MALKA and MOYRAxxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Been a fairly sunny and warm day, checked Mabs's pad out and it has healed over but still looks a bit nasty, so have decided against her going out as yet because if she knocked it, well the thought makes me shudder. She was especially good today and I was allowed to stretch her leg and have a proper look and put cream on without her trying to do a 3 legged race round the yard with me trying to (gently) hold on to the poorly leg. Bit of training with Keshi. We started on the stop on recall on Sunday, I had done a weeny tiny bit with her the other week as part of other stuff, I tag new bits onto the end of a session and then finish and she goes off to play.
She did it really well, so today I popped it into the recall practice I have been doing, I have got her to stay whilst I walk off and turn in various directions ending up with my left side facing away from her, and call her and she comes racing up onto the proper side, so did that. Put her back at stay and then did the stop with her, chucking a treat at the same time, she caught on so quickly what was wanted, it is scary. She came over the half door this morning to see if it was walkies time, I had gone upstairs to change into old combats and obviously that is the signal there is a walk about to happen. Oblivious to the fact that I have to put shoes on etc. she came straight over the door to me, I had forgotten to put the stepladders there, silly me
Then took Cariad and Lona onto the river, EA almost finished there now, they have blocked off the entrance they have made into the mill car park and were busy working in the car park pouring soil over the barrier. Will look good once it is grown over, I need to post the piccies I took the other day, keep forgetting.
By the time I had cleaned yard and kennels, handed out bones etc. Had a wash and washed my hair with the attachment on the bath taps (no shower ), the nice day was rapidly clouding over.
Just been out now my hair is dry and there are spits and spots of rain. Have just been shouted out by one of the assistants at Asda, he was re-labelling the stuff in the cheap bit and I reached over to get some yogurt for the girls and he turned on me and said things would get done a lot quicker if I didn't lean over. He was completely blocking the way and I didn't want to be standing there waiting for him to finish like some schoolgirl at the door of the headmaster's study. Not nice at all.
Back now, custard donuts are 50p so got some, not had anything like that for ages, can you freeze them d'ya think, then I can buy more whilst they are 50p
Jenny, your mum sounds like mine went, same question going round and round and round, and yes you do want to nod off because it is so repetitive, and usually the temperature is up in the tropics as well, and you can't wait to go, but feel guilty. At least my mum was nasty, your mum sounds so sweet, it must make you feel badder than I felt, I was just always so relieved to be out of there.
Eileen hope you're OK and everything's alright with you.
Linda, it's like something out of a film, if it wasn't happening to me I 'd think whoever it was wasn't being truthful, but trust me it is ze trufe.
Helena my butcher makes black pudding sausages and they are out of this world.
Lynn, this is going to be so very hard for you, if you do change your mind at the last minute, that poor woman ready to have a baby.....don't know whether to hope this house is for you or not.......
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 03:55 PM
I've just a nap and feel so much more human again ...... maybe I was just tired and not suffering from narcolepsy after all Off to walk the dogs again as their morning was hardly riveting

Eileen - Ooo errr - I hope your premonition of something major about to happen is a good one. Have you bought a lotto ticket for tonight
LS - I assume your lovely Loki is OK at the moment?
June - Your Keshi sounds like one bright dog Bless her for jumping over your stable door - she was clearly impatient to get going Didn't like the sound of that 'jobs-worth' carrying out his exceedingly important job and ignoring the fact that you wanted to reach something ... how rude he was and what a prat. I look forward to seeing the photos when you get a chance. I'm lucky that my Mum is still so sweet!!

See you all later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Hi again everyone, got woken up during nanny nap cos of the phone, it was my guests in Van 2 and although they didn't leave a message telling me what exactly they had rung me for, I guessed it was that friggin boiler. Turns out it wasn't, they wanted 2 friends to stop overnight, so I told them to leave me a little something on the table for my troubles. They're coming back, they're loving it up there

Linda, I always found Morrisons good for mackerel fillets, but only when they were bright and wet, don't ever buy them when they're dark and dry, they taste foul I'm lucky, cos I've got the fishermen on the seafront and I can buy it fresh out of the sea and they fillet it for me. I have a mackerel thing too along with my sausages, not to mention dover soles which I adore.

June, Your Keshi sounds a real star with her training, but it's all down to YOU isn't it really, look how hard you've worked and it always pays off. I once had a dog who jumped the stable door once, but that was because a friend of Dave's was coming up the garden and she scared the pants off him, and he legged it back out, but she wouldn't have hurt a fly. I don't use my stable door at the back of the house, cos it's a funny one, the top half only opens out in the middle, the frame of the top is still in the door kind of thing, and anyways, Zena would be over it like a shot, she opens that door when I've shut her out there for workmen. I can only leave her where the door open towards her, otherwise, she just opens them and rushes in to cause havoc. I think I'll pass on those black pudding sausages thanks!!!

Jenny, no wonder you're tired, it totally zaps you doesn't it, I remember it well with my dear old mum. Mum once told me that I'd have to take care of Zena for her cos she was no longer able to do it herself, and then she started crying and telling me how "that dog" had been by her side everywhere her whole life, and how sad she was that she was having to give her up (Zena was only 6 months old at the time!). You have to play along like you are, and as June has said there, at least your mum is happy in herself and still herself personality wise, a lot of people can change dramatically, my mum did at one time. Once she went dumb on us all, wouldn't say a word (and that was sooooo unlike her as you can imagine being MY mother!). It went on for weeks, and one day I asked her why she isn't talking and she just waved her hands about and said she had nothing to say It's all so sad. She's in good care, you don't have to worry too much Jenny.

Zena's received delivery of her 2 new JW isqueak balls and boy do I know it! Munch, munch, munch, squeak, sqwark, screeeeeam, oh lordy why do I buy her these things!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Slight change of plan here we are off to Suffolk I feel really bad about this but somewhere has popped up I have just seen and I would really like to look at it.
The garden is huge and it is exactly what I had imagined I would move too in my head.
Our paperwork is still sitting on the cupboard waiting to be posted to Solicitor.
'afternoon Lynn, whereabouts (roughly) in Suffolk is it

An offer will be going in tomorrow for one we like, not sure if she will accept, and anyway nothing is binding until exchange of contract, that's the legal point of no return so you are not doing anything wrong, it's hard if you get to know the vendor in any way but that's life. Our vendor is moving to be near her husband who is in a care home, she wants to move quickly but she can refuse my offer just as I can withdraw it up to legal 'point of no return' Good luck.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Zena's received delivery of her 2 new JW isqueak balls and boy do I know it! Munch, munch, munch, squeak, sqwark, screeeeeam, oh lordy why do I buy her these things!!!
I can just imagine her with one of those
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Lotto ticket Bought JENNY G I wish....
Sounds like Keshi is doing great TW,good for her and you
Going to pop on my runners and go for a long walk,Lacey has already been out,end up having to carry her if I take her so I'll leave her to snooze....
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Jenny - yes, he is good, thanks for asking. A little less mischievous than yesterday too, so nothing chewed up ... yet!

Helena - oh wow, completely fresh mackerel, I can only dream. I'm actually thinking of getting it shipped directly to me - I've just been looking at companies that do that. It wouldn't be fresh like yours but bound to be better than the slop we had last night. Honestly, the comparison with the scrummy mackerel we were getting in Ireland ... I think I might take up fishing!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Could I do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZeALGUT_I8I
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »