View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't fancy a teardrop, they are very small.

My friends have just bought a folding caravan to go in their garage as they can't have a caravan on their drive. They previously had a Dandy trailer tent which had stacks of room, they are not made of canvas and can be folded when wet, they had 2 basenjis and 3 giant schnauzers!

I caravan with my dogs, usually take 3, they love it! I can't let mine off the lead either, we usually go to dog shows, hundreds of dogs and very tolerant owners!
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Haha, thats it. Need something small enough to fit into the garage. We'd probably get an awning for the side though.

And houndS two of them!
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
I wouldn't fancy a teardrop, they are very small.
Yep they are tiny, but hopefully with an awning there would be enough space?

We'd be out a lot of the day pending weather anyway, they love long walks and so do we.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 08:42 PM
I think I would try one first, it would be too small for us and we had one of the smallest on the market back in 1984 that was much bigger than the tear drop, had loads of great holidays in it with 3 dogs. But the idea of the tear drop doesn't appeal at all. But horses for courses and all that you may love it.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 09:03 PM
We use to camp and caravan with our last little dog and her recall wasn't too good to put it mildly. We invested in a few windbreaks which we put up in a loop outside the door which meant she couldn't make a dash for it when the opened the door. They were really useful as when dogs went past our dog remained relaxed and had somewhere to chill out of any breeze - and lets face it how often is there no breeze in the UK.

Your dogs I am sure will soon settle at the end of your bed as I think those tear drop vans have a bed that opens out and takes up the entire floor space.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 09:05 PM
I meant to say - could your dogs not sleep in the car?
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by JamieWilson View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3erMv_MF4o4

This is the model we are looking at so you can see what little space we would be working with!

OMG, Jamie, that looks like claustrophobia waiting to happen. I think I'd be buying a very large tent instead. But OH is a grump and refuses to go caravanning (we could borrow my brother's) or camping.
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-02-2013, 09:38 PM
I'm not mad on tents, they just don't do it for me!
Yep the full floor space becomes a bed.
The ones we are looking at are custom made. The max bed length is 6 foot 6 inches, which is what I'd go for. Every extra inch is going to count.
The fold down options are out of our price range so the personalised teardrop is the most realistic option I have come across. If anyone has seen anything with more space that would fit in a standard garage that would be great.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 07:40 AM
I can see you ending up living in the awning and just sleeping in the van in that case, same as camping but with a better bed.
It could work well and be great fun, just a bit concerned you will spend a lot of money and be disappointed. Really should try one out IMO.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2013, 01:30 PM
would really recommend the site seadown in dorset - it has access from the site straight onto the jurrassic coast where you can also go and fossil hunt. the dogs loved it and its very dog friendly, you will find most (if not all) sites would require you to have your dog on a lead in areas around the site - never was a problem for my boys, they were too tired from runs along the beach!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >