View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 07:25 PM

Does your dog have a night-time routine?

Just wondered as Cherry does! She performs the same things every night at the same time. First she chewdles her blanket for a bit ......

It is very sweet-she makes suckey noises like she is remembering being with her mummy when she was a puppy!)

....and then she cuddles up with her toy. We call him "Lion long-legs". She has had him for about 6 years now after I won him for having a letter published in one of the national dog magazines. He has had both of his legs stitched back on a few times though!

Does your dog do anything similar?

Parker doesn't but his aim in life is to get to the pillows before my husband-we call him the "Pillow Poodle"!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Does your dog not prefer its golly?
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Max stops at the top of the stairs and won't move until you have scratched his rump for a couple of minutes. He doesn't do it when he goes upstairs during the day, just at night.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Does your dog not prefer its golly?
Well spotted SB! I have been trying to get rid of that blooming Golly for a while now as I've had it for over 30 years and it takes up a lot of room. It didn't sell on E-bay and I was going to take it to my car-boot sale the other week but I was scared I might get arrested for inadvertently offending someone! You have to be so careful nowadays. I mean even the Queen had to stop selling Golly items at her shop in Sandringham apparently
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Max stops at the top of the stairs and won't move until you have scratched his rump for a couple of minutes. He doesn't do it when he goes upstairs during the day, just at night.
Ah that's really sweet! As long as you're not in a hurry to get to the bathroom?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Henry goes out for his last walk at 9 each evening, only on the nights when Corrie is on does he do this, as soon as the end music starts he jumps up and stares at me. Other nights he waits for me to say the w word. Even this evening he was snuggled up on his dad's lap and fast asleep, the music started and he was up and off the sofa faster than his legs could get working

Every night, when we get back from his walk, we have night night cuddles, usually for about half an hour, then he gets off my lap and onto the other end of the sofa when he's had enough.

I usually go to bed then or spend some time on the pc.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Well spotted SB! I have been trying to get rid of that blooming Golly for a while now as I've had it for over 30 years and it takes up a lot of room. It didn't sell on E-bay and I was going to take it to my car-boot sale the other week but I was scared I might get arrested for inadvertently offending someone! You have to be so careful nowadays. I mean even the Queen had to stop selling Golly items at her shop in Sandringham apparently
When my daughter was a baby I asked my mother so send me out one (she is now 30) as I was very annoyed about the PC brigade on this toy. I had one when I was growing up so my mother had to comb the whole of Brighton before she found some, (under the counter) to buy!
nickynockynoono
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2011, 09:43 PM
I've bought 3 in the last couple of years. One for each of the grandkids. Couldn't find one for love nor money when my kids were growing up. They only knew of them from Enid Blyton picture books

Apparently, the PC name is Golly Dolly.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Henry goes out for his last walk at 9 each evening, only on the nights when Corrie is on does he do this, as soon as the end music starts he jumps up and stares at me. Other nights he waits for me to say the w word. Even this evening he was snuggled up on his dad's lap and fast asleep, the music started and he was up and off the sofa faster than his legs could get working

Every night, when we get back from his walk, we have night night cuddles, usually for about half an hour, then he gets off my lap and onto the other end of the sofa when he's had enough.

I usually go to bed then or spend some time on the pc.
I actually think he just hates Corrie! Obviously a dog of taste!
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
When my daughter was a baby I asked my mother so send me out one (she is now 30) as I was very annoyed about the PC brigade on this toy. I had one when I was growing up so my mother had to comb the whole of Brighton before she found some, (under the counter) to buy!
I blame Enid Blyton-making them the bad guys!

Originally Posted by nickynockynoono View Post
I've bought 3 in the last couple of years. One for each of the grandkids. Couldn't find one for love nor money when my kids were growing up. They only knew of them from Enid Blyton picture books

Apparently, the PC name is Golly Dolly.
Perhaps if I try and sell my "Golly-Dolly" as such I might have better luck then?!
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-06-2011, 10:28 AM
When Kyesh thinks it's time for bed he gets restless and keeps nugging me, we then go downstairs and they go out , then he stands staring at the cupboard until I get his supper out a few biscuits, homemade or Bonio, or shapes, or a mixture, he then uns upstairs and goes straight into his cage and waits til Jaz and I get there, he gets his biscuits I shut the door and he settles down. Any other time he gets in my bedroom he jumps straight on the bed.
As for my Jaz because I am always talking about Kyesh, he has to be cajoled to do anything, even eat, I would love to know what happened to him, and I would do it to them. Luv Gayle. X
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >