View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 01:04 PM
You say there were 4 police officers and 6 RSPCA officers then say 12 police officer and 1 RSCPA officer were on your premises??
To be so early is a bit bizarre police must have been having a quiet morning
katie1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2010, 01:26 PM
i really feel for you and agree you should complain at least they would have it on file if they make up stories again they could just send one person to check and not an army!
MarkAndOscar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-07-2010, 02:09 PM
God - What a waste of time and effort!

I hope the sod's that made the unfounded complaint are done for wasting police time!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
You say there were 4 police officers and 6 RSPCA officers then say 12 police officer and 1 RSCPA officer were on your premises??
I meant to type that I allowed only 1 police officer and 1 RSPCA officer in. By the time I realise the typo it had bene more than an hour after I posted and I couldn't change it. I hoped peopel woudl realise what had happened.

The other officers from both organisations had to wait outside. I wasn't having all fo them trapsing through my house regardless of the time of day (or night).

Laura xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Sorry for your awkening morning.

Emma actually asked what I was wondering....daresay other police officers appeared
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
I meant to type that I allowed only 1 police officer and 1 RSPCA officer in. By the time I realise the typo it had bene more than an hour after I posted and I couldn't change it. I hoped peopel woudl realise what had happened.

The other officers from both organisations had to wait outside. I wasn't having all fo them trapsing through my house regardless of the time of day (or night).

Laura xx
Nope had no idea, not sure how I was suppose to realise this without asking
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 02:44 PM

Laura xx
Oh right....No I doubt people would of realised that either.

I'll have to ask my son to look at that see if he knows who gave the complaint, I'll ring him tonite
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 02:57 PM
There's an antil BSL vigil in London this weekend funnily enough. Maybe you should attend and show your support to the dogs and people who have been through this for real.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Hi,

I'm usually up around 430-5am most mornings - partly because I have problems sleeping because of my stumpy left knee, partly because of the humidity during the night as I have a house that retains heat (a little too well) and partly because the pain medication tends to wear off in the early hours but I can't take more of the strong stuff before about 7am.

So I was up, showered and dressed about 430am this morning. I'd made myself a cup of coffee to wake myself up. Oscar was still asleep upstairs.

At just after 5am, I heard the most horrendous banging on my front door. Now the doorbell doesn't work as the cable was cut when I had the new flooring down (my own fault really) and there is tape over it. But I have a big metal knocker in the middle of the front door which makes a lot of noise anyway - it doesn't need to be banged that hard. I can only assume they thought I was asleep and they had every intention of getting me up.

The dogs were playing on the patio so I locked the back door. I went and answered the front door, fortunately before Oscar woke up to see 4 police officers and 6 RSPCA officers.
They told me they'd had reports that I was breeding PBTs and they wanted to come in. I pointed out the fact that firstly, they dogs were playing outside and they could easily have looked over the side gate to see what breeds of dogs were there. I also pointes out that there is a sign inthe porch stating there were dogs at the proeprty with a picture of a GSD on it.

I was going to refuse entry as I knew they were relying onteh shock/surprise element to gain entry adn without a warrant, they have no right to come in. But I didn't really want them coming back at stupid o' clock so I allowed 12 police officer and 1 RSCPA officer in.
I took them into the kitchen and todl them to look outside. All the dogs were lyign down on the patio. I pointed out yet again they were GSDs, not PBTs.

I also asked them to inform my neighbours that any more malicious complaints will be considered as harrasment, particularly as they were so heavy handed. Had either organisation checked their records, they would have seen that they've been out to me before and I haven't caused problems, I am not abusive or violent and therefore the way they went about the visit was completely unnecessary.

I was told they couldn't confirm or tell me who the complainant was but they didn't need to. I mentioned the previous set of malicious, untrue complaints and pointed out that I Speak with all my other neigbours and do check from time to time that the dogs are bothering anyone (as they can be noisy at times if they get overexcited whilst playing). Also, teh one officer who had been out to me before had a silly big grin on his face when I told them I knew it was my neighbours - so that's all the confirmation I need.

So I know it was the scum who did this last year. Will they really stop at nothing to get rid of the dogs? I feel like printing off a picture of a PBT along with a picture of a GSD with the caption "spot the difference". Or does that make me as sarcastic and malicious as they are?

I know the police etc have a job to do, but really - was this all necessary? I think not. I though tthis had all died down as they'd run out of people or organisations to complain to. Now I wonder how many more people will tell me I own PBTs.

Laura xx

Laura xx
Glad that was explained, like Emma, I wondered where the other 8 police came from

Have to say, although a bit OTT, I do think, we would be saying the opposite if such investigations where not followed up!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Madness!! utter madness.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >