View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LynneNGreatDane
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-01-2009, 02:03 PM
thank you we lost one this morning, my pick of the litter whom I had named Merlin, and it seems another little girl may be fading fast. i just dont know what to do right now, im so hurt and sad..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2009, 02:06 PM
awe so sorry to hear you have lost one,

can I ask what type of bottle your using?

I found normal baby bottles with cherry teats good for the rottie pups,
LynneNGreatDane
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-01-2009, 02:08 PM
its a bottle and nipples I bought from my vet. would you happen to know if normal pet stores sell anything different? its freezing outside but for the babies I will leave immediately to get something different if needed.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2009, 02:11 PM
I found the large breed dogs do better with normal baby bottles and cherry teats, new born.{the brown softer ones} my lot didnt like the silicone ones, . just the ones you get in tesco or where ever. I tend to have a whole load of diff ones from orthodontic right through to the brown ones, then just see what ones the pups prefer.

are the pups suckling form the bottles or do you find your having to squirt milk in?

they are not suckling its prob due to not being able to get a good enough vacum on the teat, dont be tempted to squirt milk in, it can go into the lung and cause pneumonia
LynneNGreatDane
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-01-2009, 02:14 PM
they are slowly suckling, well at least Merlin and the baby girl were. this am she is totally refusing both bottle or teat. most of the other puppies go at bottle and mother both with vigor so I assummed everything was OK last night and that merlin was just tired. She just had them early EARLY wensday am, merlin and the girl were the last two to be born and the smallest
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2