View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 09:04 AM
My advice is to ring ND direct with the batch number on the side of the packets.
They are very friendly and helpful and will send you more free of charge within a couple of days.
I have to feed my JRT this as its the only food he can tolerate.
I had some problems a little while ago with a certain batch of sensitive gold and did post about it on here, but they were very helpful and compensated me well.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 09:08 AM
I used to feed Forthglade but got fed up with blown packets hence I now feed a dry complete.
Becky
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I actually emailed them about this thread, but they have failed to respond.......
Interesting Vicki,I had some puppy food with what looked like pieces of straw in when Alfie was a pup (so i'm going back a few years) I emailed them then and got no response whatsoever,
So this time i've left it in my pet food suppliers hands,she took the trays back last Thursday and is delivering me a whole box of 18 sometime today,I didn't think to take note of the batch number this time,although i did for a couple of trays that Daisy was sick on while in whelp.

I now need to decide if & what to change to for Dee Dee as at present she's weaning on ND,My elder two eat ND & mostly fish and raw (Heart,liver etc..) with wagg as a staple basic although they don't each much of that (can't stretch to JWB now theres 3 lol !) It will be far easier if theres all eating the same,
I don't tend to look at other wet foods much as mine have done well on what i give them and have always eaten ND,although i have used Natures menu when ND is out of stock,don't like opening the packets though,it always squirts on me Any suggestions welcome
Luna Wolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-12-2007, 10:24 AM
I hear this quite often about ND it seems to be a common problem so they need to get their act together! I know last time they had major problems they put it down to a factory move but it still seems to be ongoing.
Smawfield
New Member!
Female 

14-01-2013, 07:16 PM
I have had the same problem with puffed up packaging and unfortunately fed a small amount to our new puppy who was sick for24 hours but luckily ok now. This company is not concerned with their bad packaging seal.The need to be black listed somehow to prevent serious food poisoning with many puppies and dogs being very sick
JTVN
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-01-2013, 08:30 PM
To be fair, it isn't their fault that you fed it to your puppy if the tray was 'puffed up' is it?

I have always found the staff at NatureDiet very helpful when I have spoken to them.

Most, if not all, tray foods can blow for various reasons so not just a problem with this brand.

Glad your pup is ok now
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by JTVN View Post
To be fair, it isn't their fault that you fed it to your puppy if the tray was 'puffed up' is it?

I have always found the staff at NatureDiet very helpful when I have spoken to them.

Most, if not all, tray foods can blow for various reasons so not just a problem with this brand.

Glad your pup is ok now
Agreed.

If you return it to where you got it or contact the company, I'm sure they'll sort you out - the company are normally very helpful.

I work in a pet shop and have never had a blown pack yet. We sell loads, I buy it myself and we tidy the trays up at the end of every day. Not one dodgy pack that I'm aware of as yet but always keep an eye out.

I've been using it for years now. So far, so good.
Dr Salter
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-01-2013, 08:27 AM
The trouble with blown packs is often caused by buying cheap deals from online companys. The product is delivered by carriers, who throw the stuff about, causing damage to the packs. If you buy from the manufacturers or a local pet shop the product is good to go. Local pet shops buy in bulk and its delivered by the wholesalers own transport.

I was for years the Managing Director of a chain of pet shops, and have sold hundreds of packs of Naturediet with no problems.
Dobionekenobi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2013, 09:39 AM
I have fed nature diet for years and had this problem a few years ago when they had a big recall but not had any problems since. I would contact them directly.

Smawfield, I agree with JTVN. If a product is in suspicious condition, I wouldn't feed it to my dogs, just like i wouldn't feed it to a human member of the family. Very strange first post on the forum!
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2013, 11:10 PM
I got ND cheap from petplanet one box of puppy/junior and one of senior/lite and haven't had any problems they were all in good condition on arrival, took each one out individually and put in cupboard. They only have small amount stuffed in kong and it lasts in fridge a few days when opened.

personally I don't like it as much as the Fishmongers wet trays and the Bob & Lush lamb with carrot is nice (but small packs), but both dogs like them!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >