View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Special hatch n restricted diet? lots of big hugs in order, me thinks, from Scoop(scruffy liitle dog n me), n lots of folk, thinking of n wishing you love n all the very best
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Lets hope it is soon all over and that you are on that road to recovery.
Have a good birthday and then insist on celebrating properly when you get home
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Special hatch n restricted diet? lots of big hugs in order, me thinks, from Scoop(scruffy liitle dog n me), n lots of folk, thinking of n wishing you love n all the very best
Sounds scary eh!
The hatch (there is one for items coming in [clean] and one for items going out [dirty]) is so people don't have to come in the room unneceserily(sp).

And the restricted diet is things like - no salad, no fruit that can't be peeled, no unpasturised food/drinks or anything made from unpasturised things, nothing from a deli, nothing like pate, no nuts/dried fruit, no raw/undercooked eggs, no soft cheeses, nothing from a takeaway, and believe it or not....no bottled water, as it contains a lot of bacteria!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Have been reading through these posts and I have to tell you how much I admire your courage and determination. I hope you're bearing up okay. Sending love to you. x
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Thinking of you Hev, hope everything goes well for you and Shelley x
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Have just come across this thread Hevvur, because I rarely stray from the top half of the forum page!

I just wanted to add my best wishes for a trouble free and successful transplant. You have the right spirit for getting through this!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Sending you all my love and healing You are very brave and have a wonderful sister too
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the lovely messages everyone.

I went for my 'final' check-up yesterday, and signed all the consent forms for the transplant.

I will be admitted at 2pm on Wednesday 19th January.
I will have a week of chemo (called FMC) - one of the drugs is an immunosuppressant(sp), to kill off my immune system.

Then Isochick will go in on 25th January to have her Stem Cells harvested.
I will get them either the same day, or the next morning as they are better 'fresh' and not frozen and defrosted!

Then I will have at least another 3 weeks in hospital (in isolation - allowed visitors, but they have to wash hands & wear an apron to come in my room).
My discharge will depend on how quickly I start to recover, and how quickly my body 'takes' to Shelleys stem cells and starts to grow a new immune system!

Luckily I can have my mobile and laptop, so I won't be cut off from the world!
Can still come on here, and have downloaded Skype so I can chat to Isochick during the week (hospital is too far to visit during the week when they have work).
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:04 AM
good luck with everything, I hope its not too boring in hospital. Wishing for a speedy recovery for you xx
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Good luck I hope your soon well x
Page 55 of 70 « First < 5 45 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 65 > Last »