Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-07-2014, 03:19 PM
http://www.bellybands.net/

maybe worth a shot i read some testimonials and one person said the other brands she tried made the skin/fur irritated but these didnt

i guess even if just for a few hours a day for some respite for you or would it be possible that he could hang out outside for short periods during the day if the weather is ok? give you time to hoover and have a wee tidy up getting the house sorted may help you feel a bit better i know how it can make you feel whenyou dont have time and it gets away from you x

maybe when yuo cook make bigger batches and freeze portions so all the lazy fella has to do is defrost and re heat and give you a few nights off
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2014, 03:31 PM
How about a thick plastic sheet with a folded towel on top? A friend gets her dog towels for free from the hairdresser (old and dye stained ones). Wash quickly by hand, or bag up and wash a few at a time in the machine.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I honestly do not know what to say to you - all I can do is send you as many cyber (((hugs))) as you would like. xx
Thank you so much Malka. I feel horrible being so down when I know that you are going through much worse. Sending hugs right back at you.

Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
Not necessarily pee pads, maybe you could come up with some kind of sand box thinking out loud here a bit...
Like a litter box? I wonder of he would use one. Something to consider.

Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
not that i like the idea of them but there is such a thing called a 'belly band' i believe which physically stops the pee coming out

ill google as i have never actually seen one but a dober i know of who has diabeties insipidus his owner has used one i think
I think I've heard of them. I was under the impression that it just catches the pee like a diaper. Will have to do some research. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
http://www.bellybands.net/

maybe worth a shot i read some testimonials and one person said the other brands she tried made the skin/fur irritated but these didnt

i guess even if just for a few hours a day for some respite for you or would it be possible that he could hang out outside for short periods during the day if the weather is ok? give you time to hoover and have a wee tidy up getting the house sorted may help you feel a bit better i know how it can make you feel whenyou dont have time and it gets away from you x

maybe when yuo cook make bigger batches and freeze portions so all the lazy fella has to do is defrost and re heat and give you a few nights off
I feel horrible leaving him outside. He came from a home where he lived outside 24-7 and it breaks my heart seeing him rush to the door frantically to be let back inside. He probably thinks he might be left outside again. I can make big batches on the week-end and freeze. Thank you for the suggestion.

Originally Posted by CaroleC View Post
How about a thick plastic sheet with a folded towel on top? A friend gets her dog towels for free from the hairdresser (old and dye stained ones). Wash quickly by hand, or bag up and wash a few at a time in the machine.
I can't have towels or blankets of the sort laying on the floor. Tynan LOVES to grab anything fabric and prance around with it all over the house and sleep with it. I can just imagine I would find the towel somewhere else and Peluche would never be able to figure out how to use it because of this. Crazy Tynan.

You guys are all the best.
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-07-2014, 06:41 AM
I know how you feel. Been there myself a few times and I am dealing with it again now. I can't bathe Rita due to her bad heart. The excitement of being forced into the sink and getting wet could be too much for her so I wipe her down with baby wipes. They work great. I also have a problem keeping the house clean due to my own health issues. It bothered me for a long time and then I decided that it wasn't the mental energy it takes to worry about it and I stopped. Good luck with your oldie. He is so worth the extra effort you have to put into him.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2