Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chickadeedeedee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-09-2005, 12:02 AM

The Who Diary

Day 2 of my captivity.

I had a restful night and feel stronger than when I was captured by the human. I am in solitary confignment in an area the human captors call the "dining room." As I look out of my cell I see many plants. Most have flowers and are green and healthy.

Pity. The human dwelling has no sky. No rain can penetrate to offer much needed moisture to the parched ground within their enclosure. The soft off-white growth on the ground here appears dry from lack of them watering it. I fear the same fate for the potted plants.

The smaller human captor appeared happy that I was still their prisoner this morning. They did not provide me with even a branch on which to perch. They know that I would have used it to break free from my cell.

My mouth was again cleaned and a clear liquid was applied to my throat. I was then given some warm food directly down my throat just as if I were a chick. The larger human fed me most of the day.

He appears to be injured as he walks with supports under his wings. I am certain the smaller human captured him too but he is now free to roam the dwelling. Perhaps it is because he is housebroken.

I hear other captives in another area of the human dwelling. They chirp, whistle and sing in their cells. The larger human enters their enclosure. These poor souls sound happy to see him. They whistle at him. I believe his name to be something like Mmmmmmiiiiiikeeee.

He brings them their rations and water. He offers them something called cookies. What is this? Cookies?

The captives sound happy to get this cookies. They are happy in their captivity. They have been brainwashed. Indoctrinated into liking this condition.

I must resist. The humans will NOT brainwash me! Good Lord! My brain is smaller than the size of a pea. It will be easily washed! NO!! I must resist.

The larger human offers me this cookies. What is this? Small broken pieces of an unknown food type? Good. He has gone. The cookies food is slightly sweet. I am able to swallow the smaller pieces. My throat is much better this afternoon. I finish the smaller seeds that were my ration this morning.

So I sit here in my cell. I can hear the other captives and I call out to them. Who! Who!! Who!!! They call back in many languages.

The small human approaches and again swabs my throat with that liquid. Why don't they leave me alone? Oh. She left some more small seeds.

Why do they hide the best seeds on the bottom? I need to throw the seeds aside to get to the best ones on the bottom.
The large human comes with a machine of some sort to remove the scattered seeds from the parched growth on the ground. It appears to be a suction device.

I hope my Comrades will see this message. I will write again when I can.

Who
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

16-09-2005, 10:54 AM
good to hear that the bird is doing well enough to write a diary
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Norty C3D reading Mr Who's diary when he is asleep - he had better put a lock on it
Chickadeedeedee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-09-2005, 02:26 AM
Day 3 of my captivity.

I had some difficulties last night. I had a bit of a cough and felt cold. This morning the human that captured me did not look happy to see me. Again my throat was swabbed and cleaned with the clear liquid. I was fed the warm cereal as well. The tube passed with ease down into my crop. As I was being fed, the smaller human had water coming from the eyes.

Now I understand.

Of course their ground cover would be parched with such an inefficient irrigation system! No amount of water from the eyes would be enough to sustain the expanse of growth they attempt within the dwelling.

I am taken into a smaller holding cell with clear solid walls. A tube attached to a canister is attached. Some sort of heat source is placed beneath this holding cell. I am surprised. Soon I am able to breathe well enough through my nose I no longer need to gasp and I feel warm again.

I feel these human captors are concerned about me until I hear them say: Hope Who makes it.

I see. Their concern is for my ability to work. They will transfer me to some sort of sweat shop and put me into forced labor. I will have to make "it." I do not know what this "it" is.

I have gathered more information on these humans. The large one on supports is the mate of the smaller human. Laugh if you will but I still believe he is housebroken. The other inmates have given me information.

Name: Oooooooo Mmmmmmiiiiiiikeeeeee
Cereal: Apple Jacks

The information on the sprinkler human is yet undetermined. I was given something called scone today. I ignored it when it was given to me. Must not look to anxious about the rations. When I was not being monitored I tried this scone food. Very sweet. Very soft. Very good. I finished it quickly.

These are humans. They will not remember they have given me scone. Again this Ooooooo Mmmmmmiiiiiikeeeee gives rations and cookies to the prison population. I am fed on a regular basis with the warm cereal.

This afternoon the larger human took me from the small cell and held me for an extended time following a feeding. How does he know how to manipulate the new feathers on my head to reduce the itchiness? Comrades, I would be lying if I said this was an unpleasant experience. I fell asleep shortly after this treatment was begun.

No. I must resist! This is part of the brain washing. I am pleased that my messages are able to get out. Contact Central Command and the Ministry of Misinformation and Maple Syrup Production. They know the coordinates near this institution.

I have learned it is Camp Nappy #13. I spoke briefly to a Canadian Goosi that was part of the mission that bombarded the human dwelling near by. A nice chap, from Labrador I believe. Our conversation was short as he was on a mission. I am now glad I may have made a contact prior to my capture. There may be too much collateral damage if bombings begin. I must establish communications with the other prisoners and warn them of the escape plan.

I am warm and was given my last feeding for the night. Oh. More seeds. They are much easier to swallow now. Breathing is better too. I have paced and paced for a long time this evening. I wanted more cookies food. Mmmmmm. Scone! Must not let the captors know I like this food. Must resist the brain washing.

Thank you all for your concern and ideas. Very good. I will be sure to save this diary. Following my escape I will one day read my adventures to my great grand egg.

I will write again when I can.

Who
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-09-2005, 05:47 AM
Keep eating the scone-y food Who. If they think you are enjoying it you can not only build up your strength but also lull your captors into a false sense of security. They will believe that you have succumbed to their blandishments. But, when their guard is down & you feel really fit, you can make your great escape before they get the chance put their nefarious plan to set you to work in the 'it' factory into action.

Good luck comrade!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-09-2005, 07:48 AM
...keep taking the seed Who

...and trust the human, her hands are soft her heart warm..

...hope you feel better soon

Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Good to hear from you Who. Sprinkler humans are OK, I'm one myself! I'd say to accept the rations and build up your strength, then, when you are able, seize an oportunity to break for freedom.

You might even think about visiting the sprinkler human, once in a while, call your name to her so she knows you were the one who got away
Chickadeedeedee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2005, 12:40 AM
Day 4 of captivity.

The day began with the sprinkler human trying to do both irrigate the ground cover and force feed me with warm cereal. The swelling of my throat got worse over night.

The captives offer no scone today. Critical error on my part yesterday. They must have noticed I enjoyed this food. They say it is because they have no more scone. I know better. I decided to go on a hunger strike in protest. I ignore my rations.

Another critical error. The hunger strike has caused an increase in their monitoring of my activities. They have increased the cereal rations and now swab my throat with three solutions.

My breathing was difficult this morning. Some congestion. Wish I knew how to hack up a phlegm ball and deposit it out of my cell door. I forget to poop on my captors as they fuss over me while I am human handled. I must be drugged.

This afternoon I was set free and placed in a chair. Mug shots were taken of me. As I do not have thumbs, I was not forced to hold up a sign with my information on it. No doubt they will make an ID card out of this when I am sent to the labour camps.

Following the taking of mug shots I saw my chance for an escape attempt. I flew toward the opening in the human enclosure. It is clear yet I was unable to fly through. Some sort of clear solid substance blocks my escape although it teases me with a view of sky and trees and freedom.

The sprinkler human tried to recapture me but I was able to evade the capture hand for several minutes. Alas I was cornered when the humans blocked my escape in a corner.

#@%&!!! Back into solitary.

I have no thumbs. I will not succumb to brain washing and indoctrination into the human ways.

I will NOT be housebroken.

I have not spoken today to my captors or the other prisoners. They got cookies, rations and water. No scone for them either. The human captors no doubt fear I may be slipped some scone food by another inmate.

All they know about me is:

Name: Who
Serial Number: 13

I must rest now. I will attempt another escape tomorrow if given the chance.

I will write when I can.

Who
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Please somebody, tell me what happened.