Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 09:24 PM

That's The Cruft's Hotel Booked!

Sad I know, but I'm soooooo excited! Again.

Anyone else as sad as me?

Think I know the answer to that one actually!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Yes, I must be as sad as you, Im dead excited already. Might treat myself to a new suit! we dont stay in an hotel though we travel there in the morning with the doglets and back once we are done! Couldnt leave the other dogs with some one all night as well as all day!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Yes, I must be as sad as you, Im dead excited already. Might treat myself to a new suit! we dont stay in an hotel though we travel there in the morning with the doglets and back once we are done! Couldnt leave the other dogs with some one all night as well as all day!
Wow that must be nice! It's a good 3 hour journey for me, so we always stay over the night before to make life a little easier!
Harley & Me
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Not sure of the location of Crufts but have you ever thought of a Days Inn, connected with welcome break service stations where they allow pets to stay for free and the rooms are a good price too. Just thought it worth mentioning in case you didn't know, as that way if you wanted to stay over/have a break and still take your doglets you could .

No its not sad to get excited about something like that, I know I would if it were me. Are you going just as a viewer/visitor or are you showing some of your doggies?

Rose x
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Harley & Me View Post
Not sure of the location of Crufts but have you ever thought of a Days Inn, connected with welcome break service stations where they allow pets to stay for free and the rooms are a good price too. Just thought it worth mentioning in case you didn't know, as that way if you wanted to stay over/have a break and still take your doglets you could .

No its not sad to get excited about something like that, I know I would if it were me. Are you going just as a viewer/visitor or are you showing some of your doggies?

Rose x
I think DD meant her dogs that aren't entered rather than those that are.

I'm showing two this time. TBH I enjoyed it more when I didn't exhibit, it's very difficult to take in the whole experience and watch your dogs too. And there's having to wait til 4pm before you can leave, that's a total pain!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Its not that far for us to travel just over an hour so we dont mind If it was longer we would probs find somewhere to stay and get the dog sitter to watch the dogs over night to - we have to many to take them all with us! But thanks for that.
Crufts is held at the NEC in birmingham.
Im going to show we are entering two of our babies (Girls which will be due in season around that time - fingers crossed they wait, or they may not be going)

I agree you can enjoy the day a whole lot more when your just going for the day out.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm showing Rossi who will be in Junior (I think?) so will have to get there early too. The thought of nearly 8 hours in the NEC, urgh....

Plus there's the total inconvenience on them being benched seperately!

I am still excited though, honest!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 10:19 PM
It can be stressful cant it, and people start getting fed up.
Ohh I bet that can be a pain when benched seperatly, I couldnt be dealing with that Im looking forward to it, Its both Lyrics and Stars first year at crufts, Im excited to see how we do. Plus there is always a nice amount of food and drink to share around the CC ring, with fab friends
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Will you be first in the ring, or after another breed? One thing that bugs me with having a rare(ish) breed is we're generally always 2nd in the ring at the earliest. Not at Darlo though, yeahy!

Last year at Crufts I put Oscar in with the Spins with my friend and no one said anything so I'm going to try the same thing in the HWV benching this year. There's just no way I can manage having them benched separately!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Im not sure tbh, Im pretty sure we were second in the ring last year. I hate being second in, I feel like im stood around for ages, and I dont have great intrest in watching many other breeds in the ring ..
No its silly to have them benched separately!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >