Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dionne
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-08-2008, 02:44 PM

Toys

We have had Bailey for almost a week now. He is a Staffy Cross, approx. 18 months old. We have been through a few toys now as he has destroyed them, not intentionally I dont think, but through his strength. Does anyone have any ideas of what kinds of toys we can get for him that will last longer than 15 minutes.....which is our record so far! He really seems to love when we bring a toy home to him, but he just has torn it up within minutes. Poor little thing.....
Any ideas gratefully appreciated!

Thanks,

Dionne and Bailey
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2008, 02:46 PM
The only ones that survive mine are the rope twists. Anything else I know will be destroyed so I have to keep an eye on them as they tend to chew the plastic off stuff and might swallow it. The tyres on a rope are quite good - that lasted for a while. They won`t play with the solid rubber ones - no challenge I suppose!

eta: Daisy has a Wubba which usually lasts a couple of months. That`s good if you can stand the constant squeaking!
tupence2p
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-08-2008, 03:05 PM
The only toys that survive with mine are ones made of rubber. He loves to chew and so do his friends (though thankfully only ever his toys) - they shreds ropes and pull the outer off tennis balls, plastic toys don't stand a chance. But ones made of rubber (like Kongs and rubber pulls) can last months.
Dionne
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the replies. He has now torn apart a rope toy we got him today. I have managed to coax it away from him. Poor Boy, he is desperate for some toys! I am going to look for the rubber toys that have been suggested and a kong possibly.

Dionne
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2008, 03:58 PM
A giant Kong is probably what you need
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Yep a xl / xxl black kong
or a kong havaball which is harder to get fully in the mouth again large and black
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Kongs are brilliant and come in many shapes and sizes these days - check out the selection on www.petplanet.co.uk

The other thing you can do with them is to stuff them with food which takes the play to a whole new level

They also have a SUPER Strength one for very strong dogs!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Diesels also got one of these that seems to be ok so far

http://www.nylabone.com/products/non...-dino-bone.htm
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2008, 07:12 PM
we found our terrier (parson) preferred the kong on a rope, she loves her havaball, and after a shaky start now plays with the everlasting treat ball.
Also loves squeaky air kong tennis balls and the air kong jack.
A basketball and a flying squirrel frisbee are great outdoor favourites.
Stuffies don't stand a chance.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Tonks also loves to chew and spit things out but she doesn't do this to soft cuddley toys. The one that has lasted the longest with her so far is a tyre and an old wellie. She pics the wellie up and shoves her nose in the opening with her head in the air, the liver cake falls onto her face so she puts the wellie down again to get the liver.....and it drops to the bottom again. That can keep her entertained for half and hour!

I put chunks of liver cake in the wellie

If you can bare the mess it might be worth giving him things he can chew up and spit out if that is a game he really loves playing. Obviously don't give him expensive things.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >