Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2008, 10:25 PM

Laminate flooring?

Do you know of any decent places to get it that isnt going to cost an arm and a leg. Im fed up with muddy paws and carpet. Thanks
ATD xxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 07:22 AM
Sorry, can't help with where to get it, just wanted to raise a concern with you.

Our vet has told us that he has seen a significant rise in cruciate ligament ruptures in pet dogs since laminate flooring has become popular. Where the floor is too slippery and the dog tries to change direction, serious injuries can occur.

Of course many people have this flooring without incident, but I just wanted to draw your attention to this in case you weren't aware.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 07:59 AM
We have laminate to cut down on dust mite for me. (asthma).
My first jack could walk on it, no problem. Second one can't - she slides. They can get injured.
We put down washable rugs. Missy can walk on those no problem, I can wash them high heat, so no dust mite problem.

As for buying the stuff, cheapest place we found was Wickes. and it has a 15 year lifespan.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 08:10 AM
I have laminate floors and yes, the dogs do slide around on them but they have learnt to adapt to it, we havent had any accidents as yet, just alot of running on the spot before they get going

When i had my living room done which is 18 ft by 12 ft it cost around £500, although we knew the owners of the shop and think we got a bit of a discount.

Shop around get lots of quotes and dont just go for the cheapest as the quality of the floor will be different and with dogs you will have alot of wear and tear so you will need a good quality one.

I have never looked back and will never have carpet again
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks for that will have a look around, I just for the life of me couldnt think last nite my brain was mush lol.

Thanks for the asvise Hali....they will be kept in the kitchen while they living room dries off and vise versa so wont encounter many wet floors. We has it in our old house so Suki is use to it from day one and as for Michale he is ok with walking on it at my OH parents house.
ATD xxx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 02:32 PM
We got ours fom homebase,It was on offer it should have been £19 per pack was down to £10,altogether it came to £466 that was including underlay and beading.
We have done our Lounge/dining room which is 28ft by 12ft,hallway,and our bedroom.
I totally refuse to have carpet with dogs & kids,ours has a 15 yr guarentee and is non scratch.It's really easyto keep clean.
Dogs are fine with it,they just slide on it with wet feet
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks Sal I didnt think of homebase
ATD xxx
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-02-2008, 02:51 PM
I got mine from Franks Factory Flooring because I found a 10% voucher on their website
My living room is done in cherry-wood effect laminate, but the back room (where the dogs' beds are) is carpeted. However, we're planning to laminate it eventually and put down some large rugs.

Be careful for YOU as well - we got a lovely long rug for in front of our fire. When I'm feeling well enough and the weather is cold, I love to get on the rug and cuddle with the dogs in front of the fire with a movie on. However, said rug's non-slip bottom is not very non-slip and when I stepped on it the other day, it went flying out from under me (although the resulting jar to my body meant that I popped something back into place which relieved a lot of pain ). So make sure any rugs are as non-slip as they claim!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Sez & Amber View Post
I got mine from Franks Factory Flooring because I found a 10% voucher on their website
My living room is done in cherry-wood effect laminate, but the back room (where the dogs' beds are) is carpeted. However, we're planning to laminate it eventually and put down some large rugs.

Be careful for YOU as well - we got a lovely long rug for in front of our fire. When I'm feeling well enough and the weather is cold, I love to get on the rug and cuddle with the dogs in front of the fire with a movie on. However, said rug's non-slip bottom is not very non-slip and when I stepped on it the other day, it went flying out from under me (although the resulting jar to my body meant that I popped something back into place which relieved a lot of pain ). So make sure any rugs are as non-slip as they claim!

I have given up using rugs, Diesel had worked out if he took a run up and landed on the rug he could slide across to the other side of the room, he would take out anything and anyone in his path

A bit like a magic carpet
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
I have given up using rugs, Diesel had worked out if he took a run up and landed on the rug he could slide across to the other side of the room, he would take out anything and anyone in his path

A bit like a magic carpet
Lol,bet that was funny

It's funny when mine try to stop and carry on sliding,with a puzzled look on their faces
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >