Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 02:23 PM

Arrghhh Plumbers!!!!!!!!!

We are still struggling to get our house rennovated before Christmas and were delighted when we finally got hold of a plumber to fit a new boiler and fire.

Came on Saturday, knocked water & heating off, did some pipework and were in from 9.00am until 3.30pm and said they'd be back Sunday .....well we have been waiting ever since :smt021

We have rang and left several (some unrepeatable!) messages to no avail, we have cold water but no hot or heating and it is FREEZING in here, I now have severe neck pain as I have a bad neck that is made worse by tension and as it is so cold it has worsened We have reported them to Corgi who are sending a complaints form to us. We are furious.

Luckily, we have had someone recommended to us that is coming on Thursday to finish the job, said it could take a couple or so days I don't know what we will do if he doesn't show, as trying to get someone out quickly at this time of year is a complete nightmare

You'd have laughed if you could see us at night in here, Me, Sid and Marius all crowded around this Halogen heater that has as much heat in it as a fart

At this rate I'll be growing my leg-hair just to keep warmer:smt001

To top off my week I don't have the car for tomorrow nights ringcraft class (Sid needs it to travel to Glasgow for a Managers Meeting, booo) which I was really looking forward to as it is the last before Christmas and they are doing a little Competition. So not my week!!

Wish us luck for Thursday:smt100
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 02:58 PM
dont get me started!!! finally a plumber turned up to fit our boiler last thursday! we had only tried about 15!!!! different plumbers who all said they would call back!

I hope this guy turns up for you i kknow how you feel, we had no heating since last dececmber till last week!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Awwww poor you and your babies,must be awful.I'd be spitting fire too,Imagine if they are doing this to oap's too.They need their asses booted into touch.
Hope you get someone out pronto as the weather is freezing at the moment.I'm actually quite jealous coz bet you get great cuddles from that big lovely boy of yours even more,xxxxxxxxx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
dont get me started!!! finally a plumber turned up to fit our boiler last thursday! we had only tried about 15!!!! different plumbers who all said they would call back!

I hope this guy turns up for you i kknow how you feel, we had no heating since last dececmber till last week!
Heck, I feel crap for complaining now, how on earth have you coped all that time!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you are all toasty-warm now xxxx

Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Awwww poor you and your babies,must be awful.I'd be spitting fire too,Imagine if they are doing this to oap's too.They need their asses booted into touch.
Hope you get someone out pronto as the weather is freezing at the moment.I'm actually quite jealous coz bet you get great cuddles from that big lovely boy of yours even more,xxxxxxxxx
Who Sid or Marius? :smt002
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 04:31 PM
dont feel crap! summer was fine... but when it got to the stage a few weeks ago when you could see your breath in bedroom at night we finally cracked....