Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chihuahualover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Biff,
just wanted to tell you about the time my dog who passed "Buck" ran outside after my cats and his paws got wet, i went out and picked him up with one hand, under his belly and tossed him gently on the floor in the kitchen so he'd land on his paws and told him to get in his bed. he landed on his feet, but where I have hard wood floors, his paw slipped and his back leg went sideways and broke his hip joint. I'll never forget or forgive myself for that, and I try to warn people so it never happens to them. he was okay after 3 thousand dollars at the vet...surgery, medication, home visits, 1 week in the hospital, but it was worth it and he was a great soul.

Dont mean to scare you, just warn you, by the way Minihaha showed you some paw wax, how great! i wish I would have heard of it sooner, what will they think of next!!!
Hope everything works about for your baby "Biff!" Sorry I dont know your real name!

-with love from christel and mi mi
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Thanks Mini

I'll take a look at that. Much appreciated.
Poor little chap, his bed is his refuge and place of safety, he needs to feel comfortable there, if not you could have knock on behavioural problems..
Hope he is happier today
Biff
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the advice Mini and Christel,

He was fine yesterday according to the mother in law, and was his usual boisterous self this morning.

This has been the first time that we have noticed anything like this. He seems to be a lot better now that we've moved his box and he's lying on his cushion so that maybe the way forward.

With regards to the laminate flooring, I think its certainly a concern and something we need to consider because he is so excitable that he sometimes runs so fast that he goes nowhere on it. He's never stopped for one minute to think why he's getting no where, and does exactly the same the next time he gets excited.

I certainly wouldn't want him to get seriously injured, so we will look at the options.

Thanks again.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2