Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 03:18 PM

Wish Us Luck!

As some of you may know we started our own Franchise business last year and sadly it failed. We lost thousands of pounds and needless to say it wasn't the best of years. We set up an Ebay shop to help bring in extra cash which is still going well, but we feel that now is the time for Sid to go back into working full-time for an employer. We would both feel more stability having a secure set wage coming in.

I work part-time so that helps pay the mortgage etc and Ebay brings in extra cash too, but nothing beats having extra security does it!

Anyway, Sid is actively looking and has already secured an interview (fingers crossed) - he is a retail Manager with years of experience. Only problem is our area is only a small town with a distinct lack of job prospects, so chances are we will end up having to move back to Carlisle in order for him to secure something as there are much better prospects there.

The last 2 weeks we have decorated and done up our house to sell, we do have equity in the property that we would be foolish not to cash in on. Although I do admit to having pangs of sadness about it. So the idea is to sell, move into rented temporarily until Sid finds a job OR if he finds a job first in this area, we may not have to move to Carlisle and at least we have the bonus of our house having just been done up!

Please keep your fingers crossed for us, we could do with a bit of luck and a better year than last year!
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2006, 03:28 PM
All very good luck to you!!!!

I know exactly what it's like to be in your situation (sadly without any equity in the house, that had to go too), in order to fight our way back up we had to take a few steps down and for a while lived above a bakers that produced sandwiches and hot food, their production unit being directly below my single glazed bedroom window. The noise from 04:00 was dreadful but the smell of processed meat was just horrid.............. I've never touched a sausage roll since!

Good luck and good on you both for pulling together
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Wishing you all the luck in the world

I have everything crossed here for you and Sid xx
frizzy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Hope everything turns out well for you xx
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 04:38 PM
aw sending you all the luck in the world and keeping fingers crossed for you both
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Anne-Marie,I have everything crossed for you,I hope everything falls into place for you and your family.
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 05:29 PM
very good luck to you, fingers crossed
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Good luck Anne Marie!

I know you said your franchise business failed,but if you hadent have tried-you would never have known.Not much consolation i know,but its one of them things you simply chalk down to experience.I sincerely hope you and Sid dont have to move cause you appear quite settled where you are and is a shame to move from somewhere you genuinly like.

Steve.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Aww thanks everyone.

Yes you are right Steve I guess at least we tried it. Sid always wanted to work for himself and give it a go, shame it didn't work out, but at least we are still together and pulling through. That's the main thing!
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Lots and lots of luck to you, however CARLISLE not too bad a place to live in, guess where we live????????????
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >