Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2022, 05:50 AM

Daily thread Thursday 17th February 2022

Good morning all.
Been awake for a couple of hours, I have a feeling I am supposed to either be somewhere or doing something today... today's date is stuck in my head for some reason but I can't figure out why, nevermind.....if I am supposed to be somewhere, I won't be and will have to apologise.
Hoping nobody has been affected by the windy weather?? I have just looked at the CCTV front and back and it all looks o.k. I did have to turn back on our walk yesterday as the wind was so strong, I was having trouble staying upright and I didn't fancy rolling around in the street lol.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2022, 08:41 AM
Morning Kelly and everyone else. Yep Margaret had the same problem yesterday with the windy weather. Hope you get sorted out soon Kelly. Sun is shining here but a little windy but not to bad after yesterday. Have a good day all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2022, 12:12 PM
Good afternoon all.

A bit blustery out there but nothing like what's forecast for tomorrow. The cafe manager pulled us this morning and said that if we do decide to go to go inside as the owner has said that with Rosie sitting on my knee it is ok in really bad weather. Nice to know we are looked after

Everything seems to have survived last night's horrendous winds so fingers crossed that tomorrow is the same. Next door's gate though is driving us nuts. The (holiday) renters never seem to bolt it and leave it on the latch which is fine when it isn't windy, but when it is, it's a nightmare

Looks like further down the road, the fence didn't survive the night. Aren't we lucky. Two storms in succession
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2022, 01:00 PM
Ahhhh Chris, that's lovely of the café owner.
I have managed to move my blood test to tomorrow....I didn't know about the storm, hopefully I will make it!
Brenda, I will be alright...always am.
Just spoken to my aunty...my dad's sister, the only one I speak to has just told me that his other sisters husband took an overdose, he has health problems and he had said he was struggling with the pain but after speaking to me, my aunty has come to the same conclusion as me...it was either a cry for help or that he was in so much pain he took more than he should and od'd. He is a smart bloke and like me....he would over do it to make sure it was done right, also he wouldn't have done it so close to his wife coming home if he hadn't wanted to be found
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2022, 06:14 PM
Good evening everyone

Hope you are soon sorted Kelly.

Nice of the cafe oner to say you can go in inbox weather Chris. Mind you I think most dogs are cleaner than some humans

We too survived the winds yesterday so hope things are good tomorrow. Today we have been down to the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch railway with the girls. We didn't do all the journey as I think they would have been bored just looking at fields so only went half way and then retuned by which time they were saying they were hungry so into the pub we went. It is a very friendly place with lots of dogs lying under tables. The children's meals they served were big enough for me and a bit too much for them but still they enjoyed it.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2022, 08:45 PM
Children's meals are about right for me too, Sue. A big meal just overfaces me so I can't seem to eat anything at all. It drives my OH crazy as a lot of pubs, cafes and restaurants won't let us have a kid's meal for an adult to eat

Please be careful tomorrow Kelly. The forecast is truly horrendous
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2022, 09:22 PM
Evening all
Sounds like a nice day was had by all Sue
Chris.....yes, I will be careful, it's a nightmare booking for a blood test here at the moment, used to be able to go the next day but now having to book a week in advance sometimes, my appointment is Tuesday so really need to get it done
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2022, 10:34 PM
A few weeks ago, my OH had a blood test for his diabetes. It came in at 11.4 and the doctor called him, telling him it was way too high so changed his meds. Home checks this week have shown it at the same figure and as they haven't arranged the promised three month check on his blood he rang the doctor again. The receptionist booked another blook test which he had the day before yesterday and the doctor called him today to say that he shouldn't do tests at home and anyway 11.4 isn't high. Go Figure.

A few searches have revealed that it is considered high so he'll be ringing them again tomorrow