View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 02:25 PM
The worst ever was another Flat Coat we had that ate a poo....then came in and vomited it right back up, now that was mega grim.......
Yellow Belly
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-03-2009, 03:23 PM
My dog once ate my young daughters poo straight out of the toilet and it was not that solid.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Yellow Belly View Post
My dog once ate my young daughters poo straight out of the toilet and it was not that solid.
eughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you win!

Cosmo loves your dog by the way!
munchkin56
New Member!
Female 

07-04-2009, 10:43 PM
pineapple a failure im afraid he picks it out and tries to bury it.. it has lessened a little [ not as much as i would like] have changed his diet as i have been told he may need a complete rather than meat & biscuits, so am giving that a try. keep your fingers crossed.. am also getting a lot more shrewder than the dog, 9 out of ten times i get to it first...
daisybo
New Member!
Female 

08-04-2009, 06:59 AM
hi this happened to me years ago with 1 of my dogs i was told to put treacle in his food I mixed it with moist dog food and it did the trick!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Selkie did this as a pup, I mixed up a bad tasting spray of washing up liquid, chillis, tabasco, and lemon juice then decanted into a pump spray... As soon as she went, instead of picking it up, I would spray it and leave it... Should have seen her face first time she picked up a sprayed poo :P:P:P

After about a week she started doing a poo then running away from it She'll walk around poos on the field as well..

She does still love her rabbit and horse poo though... But I figure as both of those are mostly just grass, no harm in it
codymorse
New Member!
Female 

08-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Don't know if this will help but my mates GSD always used to eat her own poo. She is on a dry food & since she has been adding raw green tripe to her meal has stopped doing it. But you need the real green tripe not the washed out looking stuff as when she fed this went back to eating the poo's. Now back on the green tripe & no more poo eating. I wonder if the vitamin B12 in tripe is what she has been lacking.

Ann
PRINCESS PIGGY
New Member!
Female 

08-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Jack used to do this and I read that if they see you picking the pooh up then it must be good, so they want it too and their way of getting it before we do is to eat it!

I made sure that Jack was out of sight when I cleared his pooh up and this seemed to make a difference - but I sometimes wonder if he is having a secret nibble when he comes in with really bad breath!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Have you tried just pineapple juice instead of the flesh? My Poopy...sorry Poppy would eat her own poo, she would not eat the flesh but if you put the juice in the dinner they dont notice. you have to do it will all your dogs though otherwise the dog will get wise to the fact that although there's taste disgusting the others do not
Failing that you can get tablets from the pet shop or on line. But in my opinon the habit recedes after a few months on the juice anyway.
Good luck
Elaine x
munchkin56
New Member!
Female 

15-04-2009, 09:24 PM
can you believe it, he's stopped !!!! it was a combination of the spray magpye suggested & pineapple juice, i havent a clue what one worked because i decided to use them both, but hey i cannot thank you enough for all the advice, i am one happy doggy mum, the spray was an experience, i dont know who felt more ill me or the dog, he attempted to eat the nice fresh deposit he left, and promptly dropped it on the second attempt gingerly walked towards it, very cautiously smelt it & then walked away in disgust... it took at least another five times before he decided that, this smell was not going away, but i must confess it was funny watching him decide whether or not to give it one last try..
am still using the spray [just in case] i cannot tell you how grateful i am for all your suggestons. thank you again
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >