Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Fab she is home
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Im a bit worried about the amount of blood she is losing from the wound, she is so restless and very very thirsty, darent give her too much coz she will throw it up, the vet told me to give her baby calpol for the pain, I have her crated to restrict movement and the vet doesnt seem unduly worried but he said if im really concerned to take her back, she is actually sleeping for the first time since she came around but i will have to take her out for a wee before bedtime and i really hope she doesnt bleed too much, is this usual
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
Im a bit worried about the amount of blood she is losing from the wound, she is so restless and very very thirsty, darent give her too much coz she will throw it up, the vet told me to give her baby calpol for the pain, I have her crated to restrict movement and the vet doesnt seem unduly worried but he said if im really concerned to take her back, she is actually sleeping for the first time since she came around but i will have to take her out for a wee before bedtime and i really hope she doesnt bleed too much, is this usual
hi
have you checked the colour of her gums? what colour are they? i was a little surprised that she had been allowed to go home,pyo is very toxic,i feel she should still be on a drip with iv antibiotics also better pain relief i understand this may not be available,has your vet given you any rehydration fluid to give her?
please pm me if you need advise
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hi
have you checked the colour of her gums? what colour are they? i was a little surprised that she had been allowed to go home,pyo is very toxic,i feel she should still be on a drip with iv antibiotics also better pain relief i understand this may not be available,has your vet given you any rehydration fluid to give her?
please pm me if you need advise
no rehydration fluids, he says she shouldnt be dehydrated because she was on a drip during the op, he said to give her tiny amounts of water frequently but she seems desperate for water, her gums are a good colour. She was just starting to come round when he said he was happy for her to go home. inca is a homebod and wouldve screamed the place down also he is a cattle vet, very busy so she wouldve been alone there, he said to ring anytime of the night if im worried which is reassuring, and he has given me antibiotic tablets to start tomorrow as she had a shot before she came home, she has settled better since she has been in the crate, even tho she hates it. Im going to be sleeping next to her tonight so you might get a late pm lol, thankyou
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >