Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
LOL............... if you lived with me hun you would def need the samaritans
I doubt it, I like a joyfull/boistorius (sp) person, that is just what I need, I'm way way too shy and quiet.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 06:32 PM
me and becky will sort ya
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 06:34 PM
I bet you will. that's what I need, sorting!

that's what I like about this carer, she is always full of energy and bright even when she's tired.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 06:38 PM
but she is your carer Ian ...................not your best friend
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 06:40 PM
lol now he will def need the samaritans!

Ian, again, she may like a drink but that is her life and you need to stop worrying about her.

Clients would probably be shocked at things I do. I am quite tall, and sometimes they comment about it so I say 'You should see me in my 4inch stilletoes!', soon shuts them up.

Another once said, 'You don't wear any of that modern stuff like denim do you?, so you see everyone has different standards.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 06:41 PM
ian, have a look at change of name thread, and SMILE.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Nelson's Mum View Post
Hello Ian, my names Fay and lately I have been feeling just like you at times. I lost my job and became disabled all at the same timeand it really hit me hard. Now I was lucky as I have family to support me but you obviously have made a lot of good friends on Dogsey. We are all here for you to support you. Don't let this get you down. You have done nothing wrong except letting a carer become too friendly to the point where she forgot she was supposed to be proffessional. I was one of these carers and was also a care manager and it was always stressed that you do not give out personal details to any clients and now you have just found out why. I would have loved to take my job further at times because of the type of lovely people I looked after and it was difficult at times not to do so but that is human nature. Some people are more caring than others and find it hard to strike that balance. I had a client who ended her life looking on me as the daughter she never had and her son still contacts me now and then. That is after 4-5 years or more but he did so through my then boss. I also had a client who searched the phone book to get my details and then phoned my O.H. to either praise me to the high heavens or slag me to death depending on his mood of the day. You obviously like your carer and if you can keep it proffessional between you then there is no need to change her. Good carers are sometimes hard to come by but don't worry if you have to let her go. You explain to her superior and she should not get into trouble. She might just emphasise the need for rules. As for you carers husband, weeeeellll!!!!! what can I say. I can remember the days when my O.H. would be shouting down the phone when my bosses phoned asking me to do extras{all the time} TELL THEM TO B****R OFF It can be hard. sorry if I have gone on a bit and maybe repeated what others have said but I can't emphasise enough you need your carers and you also need to seek help from whoever you feel most comfortable speaking to. you have made me realise I'm not as badly off as I thought I was. Thank you for that and good luck. My thoughts are with you but don't let it get you down so much there are lots of people who have needs like you and can't even ask for it :smt058 :smt058 :smt058 :smt058

SHAME ON ME after all you have done for me, I really should be in touch more, look forward to your next visit to the club, they often ask after you,,,,,I think your fab fay
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Oh Ian what a bummer, I know where you are coming from & it is very hard to remain professional &"detached"if you like someone(just as a friend)

My cousin is disabled & lives alone & it has taken ages for him to get some good carers, the ones he has now are nice but "professional"& caring at the same time, he was missing when his morning carer called so her boss rang me as contact & I found out he was in the local A&E with a viral infection. I rang the boss back & asked to tell his carer he was safe if not sound & I was on my way to collect him & bring him home(whole new story there)

His previous carers had taken him shopping, but when the company was changed the new ones weren't allowed(I was quite shocked that they took him shopping as there could have been a car insurance problem)so now I take him once a week for a fairly big shop & he gets bits & pieces on good days on his scooter.

Like you he has a pet,well two, his little rascals he calls them his cats Sooty & Misty & they are his life just like Blackie is for you. They are a right pair of scamps & keep him entertained & give him a reason to get up on days when he would prefer to curl up & stay in bed

I've got depression & the tablets you were on are more for pain relief & to help you sleep-I was on them before I had my hand operations & they made me just want to sleep all the time. I'm on another medication now & it helps but there are days when I feel really down, my "boys"Joedee, Kaycee & the crazy Rjj are my only reason to still exist & get up each day.

Blackie gives you unconditional love & companionship, he doesn't care whether you are a film star or a nobody, you are his world.

As for the boyfriend a word that starts with w & with r comes to mind

To have friends even if they are cyber ones like on here is just the same as those you have offline as for the opposite sex LOLOL Living alone has great advantages, you can live your life for yourself & Blackie without having to think about a significant other

Cyber {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} to you & Blackie
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 06:58 PM
I realise that I am the one that has over stepped the mark in this carer-client relationship, I think that she has just been bending over backwards to try and keep things sweet.

She isn't really to blame.

In the cold light of day, I can now see it has been mainly my doing I suppose. I have learnt my lesson.

Thank you all for keeping me on an even keel. You have made me see my mistakes.

Ian
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 07:02 PM
More 'cyber' hugs to you, Ian.
Page 8 of 15 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »