View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Myra she looks great!! She looks like she's lost some weight..in a good way.
Love the last pic.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

13-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Lovely photos of them both Lovely smiles they have
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks you guys. She HAS lost some weight Catrin. Not a lot but a little. She is still a bit plump, but not too much now.

She doesn't like exercise OR the colder weather and makes it a point to walk superrrr slowww on walkies these days since she is getting rather old now, will be 11 near March-ish.

I got them a coupling leash so Nigredo can help her pick up the pace... it's helping! Always gotta stay on the lookout for that bad hip, but it's been better, too!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2013, 11:23 AM
I know what you mean. I walk a a ten year old lab, she's so sweet but over weight and she's always busstleing along trying to keep up with the rest of us and then going back to plod plod plod. Mind you she's probably plodding so slowly because she's looking for poo to eat. Yuck!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I know what you mean. I walk a a ten year old lab, she's so sweet but over weight and she's always busstleing along trying to keep up with the rest of us and then going back to plod plod plod. Mind you she's probably plodding so slowly because she's looking for poo to eat. Yuck!
Yuck! I'm so glad none of my dogs have ever done that. I don't let them lick me, but it still would gross me out.

Jade has a weak/bad hip that bothers her occasionally, but mainly it is just that she is lazy. Has been since she was young.

She's not an athletic dog and she doesn't walk quickly. We believe she is mixed with Beagle, which helps explain the weight issues she's prone to. She's never been hideously fat but in her old age, it's creeping in.

Thankfully Nigredo wobbles along at a nice pace and his legs are longer and he just gains tons more ground than her, and when coupled to him she seems to get the message...

KEEP UP old timer!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2