Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 04:52 PM

Really pleased

I took Rosie on a lovely morning walk, Tuesday cos it was quite sunny too ( not today cos it was foggy & horrible) and happened to walk by the entrance of our old walk that was inhabited by gypsies and their horses, to find they had gone and it was left nice and clean too! Rosie was so pleased too and racing round the field and woods like a looney
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Hi that is great,didnt you have a problem with these people,it must be a relief for things back to normal.Gemini54
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2013, 08:09 AM
'Real' gypsies will never be a problem and will leave the land cleaner than they found it. A couple of years ago a gypsy family set up home on the grass verges along the lane where I live and someone complained to the police who completely rejected the complaint and said that particular family were fine. The only problem I encountered was driving my dog van along the lane and trying to avoid hitting the ponies who were sometimes at the extent of their tethers on what is a narrow lane - nearly took two out with my wing mirrors who were standing directly opposite each other!

Now 'travellers' are a different matter ....................
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
'Real' gypsies will never be a problem and will leave the land cleaner than they found it. A couple of years ago a gypsy family set up home on the grass verges along the lane where I live and someone complained to the police who completely rejected the complaint and said that particular family were fine. The only problem I encountered was driving my dog van along the lane and trying to avoid hitting the ponies who were sometimes at the extent of their tethers on what is a narrow lane - nearly took two out with my wing mirrors who were standing directly opposite each other!

Now 'travellers' are a different matter ....................
I meant travellers, should have put that really, I have met true Gypsies too when some of oh family ran a pub, lovely people.
Although the field was left lovely and clean, was impressed
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi I used to go with my late father to The Derby and every year Applely there were really old romanies in there round caravans,and they all had Royal Derby China,which they used to sell amongst themselves for cash,they were hard working and one man that my dad knew well,who was originally from Ireland,he would never say what he did for work until I was older,this is the day before Artifical Insemination,he would travel the country,and would help the stallion to cover the female horse,he was shorter than me,and would guide the stallion in,its incredible that he never got hurt in all the forty odd years he did this.When he died they burnt his caravan,still not sure if he was in there,but never found the right time to ask.As you say they were real people who worked hard and never caused any trouble.Gemini54