View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 10:32 AM
It's the rain she hates the most. At the mo it is really the lightest little spots and spits of rain but it is icy cold. And the wind is howling noisily. When it is raining heavily I have to shove her under one arm and RUN with her (lol it's quite a sight - I much prefer spectating with my daughter doing it) and not put her down until we are at least two blocks and two undercover car parks away.

Then she HAS to pee! But usually under the cover of one of the carparks under the blocks.

She seems to be able to cork her bladder like a bluddy camel in bad weather. She didn't get out of the bed until about 9.30 today. She will go 12 hours or more overnight without moving. And then be in no hurry once we are up and out. I never need to pee during the night but once I'm awake it is my first priority!

I was laughing loud just now talking to my sis and she got up and had a drink but is now firmly back in the little bed that is always in front of the fire. If I put the fire on without putting her bed in front of it she just STANDS motionless in front of the fire looking sad until I drag the bed over. She is an endless source of amusement to me the @rsy, independent, single-minded little 'I know better than you' bint that she is!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

11-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Aw bless her! I really love that photo of her all cooried up under her blankets!

She is a right wee beauty!

Hugs to her from me and Loki xx
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 10:58 AM
I so love this big dog in her little minpin body, she oozes personalty never a dull mo with her about xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Poor Bella
When it snows Chloe wears a coat and until she gets used to it she walks sideways like a crab
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Poor Bella
When it snows Chloe wears a coat and until she gets used to it she walks sideways like a crab
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post

Oh I'd love to see that (rotten aren't we laughing at them!)

When she was still a pup one of our local basement bargain shops had doggy clothing for a quid or so a piece. I bought the most ridiculous stuff for her JUST SO WE COULD TAKE PHOTOS OF HER WEARING IT! I will dig them out.

Well this lady is going to be able to leave the building in a mo to go shopping with NO FEAR whatsoever that muttley will want to come with me!

I will just get the 'are you crazy?' look if I ask her if she is coming!
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2013, 11:36 AM
I think Bella is the most sensible dog I have heard of. Infact, I really think you should consider moving even further afield to where she doesn't have to endure a few odd weeks of cold spells poor girl
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Betty is learning to love her coat, battle of wills and I am winning, think the treats and walks make her more willing to accept it, Mollie however looks like I am killing her with looks that make me feel very guilty for even suggesting she wear one
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Oh that Bella is SUCH a draaaaaaaaaama queen at times Wassamadder with her then, she doesn't like a wet face (nor does Zena lol) and she doesn't like hoodies, I dunno ???!!!

They say dogs take after their owners don't they, and I can see it all now Pat Is it any WONDER this poor dog has turned out like this????
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh that Bella is SUCH a draaaaaaaaaama queen at times Wassamadder with her then, she doesn't like a wet face (nor does Zena lol) and she doesn't like hoodies, I dunno ???!!!

They say dogs take after their owners don't they, and I can see it all now Pat Is it any WONDER this poor dog has turned out like this????

Well as it is now approaching 7 hrs since her last wee I tried again. This time hatched a cunning plan. Didn't put her lead and collar on. Just made a lot of fuss about dragging stuff over to the door and going in and out looking 'busy' and ignoring her - taking rollbox down to bring up a case of coffee from the car. Worked - she followed me out and into the lift and down to the car park. Then, as soon as I opened the back door of the car to get the coffee she leapt into it and just glared at me! lol! Now I always have to 'tell her' to get in the car - going in the car is not her favourite thing. And she never gets in the back!

I hoiked her out and started RUNNING round the back of the block like an idiot. She followed and she did stop for a wee (I was rustling a black poo bag thinking it might trigger a response - no chance) she ran straight back and here we are indoors with her back in front of the fire and me wondering if she will ever poo again before the weather warms up!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >