Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 02:08 PM
http://video.westminsterkennelclub.o...husky/v1294109
you can watch the huskys moving here
Its pretty long and the music is enough to make you wanna slit your wrists.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post

You still didnt answer how it 'looks' unfit, or how you could even suggest it 'looks' unfit from a STANDING picture.

Might have been different if it was a video of a dog moving!!

- You dont need to answer though, I already know the answer..You dont like the dogs conformation, therefore it has to be unfit..
Sorry - will answer the edit -

No - I do not think, comparing the 2, that the conformation on the US dog displays (IMO) what a Husky should look like. It looks Chunkier and less able to full fill the purpose it was bred for.
Comparing it to the picture of the UK dog.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
unfit to do the job its meant for.... maybe
still a sweeping statement without actually, meeting the dog having hands on or watching it move in front of you...

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Sorry - did not realised you asked....but actually - it was not me that said it looked unfit

I said it did not look as athletic as the UK one.

And looking at the outline, it does not seem to have the depth in its chest or the length on it legs. But maybe it is not meant to. I am afraid I am not up on the Husky breed standard - just comparing what I see in the 2 pictures ...on the Look
I am also not up on the husky breed, and would never by a picture comment on the dogs ability to work or say it looked unfit, less athletic..It would have to have very poor conformation for me to even think it....
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 02:20 PM
http://www.siberianhuskyclub.com/abo.../breedstandard
the breed standard of the husky
imo the american one does not fit the standard on several points - including the coat
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 02:20 PM
still a sweeping statement without actually, meeting the dog having hands on or watching it move in front of you...

I am also not up on the husky breed, and would never by a picture comment on the dogs ability to work or say it looked unfit, less athletic..It would have to have very poor conformation for me to even think it....
yes and no..of course you do not really know till hands on..but l dont think the dogs outline is right without needing to see it move or put my hands on.

if you was up on the 'husky breed' you would see the differences between the two dogs at the very least
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
yes and no..of course you do not really know till hands on..but l dont think the dogs outline is right without needing to see it move or put my hands on.

if you was up on the 'husky breed' you would see the differences between the two dogs at the very least
That's what I was trying to say.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 02:26 PM
So now a dog needs to fit a breed standard to be able to be athletic, and fit...These very standards that have been accused of by many of you in the past of making dogs, unfit and 'wrecking' breeds..Cant flipping win

Layla I can see a slight different, what I cant see or understand is how that difference is making the dog unfit.... - I'll leave it at that....
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 02:27 PM
So now a dog needs to fit a breed standard to be able to be athletic, and fit
What else are they there for? Looks alone?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 02:29 PM
So now a dog needs to fit a breed standard to be able to be athletic, and fit...These very standards that have been accused of by many of you in the past of making dogs, unfit and 'wrecking' breeds..Cant flipping win

Layla I can see a slight different, what I cant see or understand is how that difference is making the dog unfit.... - I'll leave it at that....
i think your getting my point wrong...
i dont mean unfit as in unfit..i mean unfit to do the job it was bred to do.. after all thats why the sibe has a standard.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
What else are they there for? Looks alone?
Pidge I know what a standard is for..I am just pointing out, how one second these standards have wrecked breeds - and none that meet them would be able to perform their job, and now dogs that dont meet the standard in all conformations areas wouldnt be able to work the job it was bred for....Bit odd..
Page 11 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »