View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Feel like such a wimp - just been to the Chemist and bought a Throat Spray which has eased it slightly, perhaps I can drink a cup of tea/coffee now, couldn't swollow breakfast! Sorry, feeling sorry for myself, I know there is much more suffering in the World.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2005, 11:10 AM
You're allowed to be a wimp, that's what feeling ill's about. Yes, there's a lot of suffering in the world but it's not nice to feel poorly! Take care xx
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Try some honey
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2005, 11:58 AM
an old guy told my boyfriend a few years back to gargle with blackcurrant jam you heat it in a pan(make sure its not too hot)and gargle.have no idea if it works but deffo better than honey(urgh)hope you are soon better
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

29-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Theres a throat spray called Eludryl from the chemist, I`ve found it really good. Other than honey theres good old fashioned salt, mix with warm water & gargle with it evry hour. Probably a nasty ENT bug, make a fresh lemon drink as well & add some chopped fresh ginger to it. Can`t think of anything else, hope you get rid of it soon
Catmelodian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Gargle with a large mug full of "Lagavulin" and swallow same immediatly after the gargle. It nips a bit at first but then the room goes dim and you feel strangely removed form all sources of pain and discomfort.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

29-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Catmelodian
Gargle with a large mug full of "Lagavulin" and swallow same immediatly after the gargle. It nips a bit at first but then the room goes dim and you feel strangely removed form all sources of pain and discomfort.

Sounds great ..........erm what is "Lagavulin" tho
Catmelodian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Christine
Sounds great ..........erm what is "Lagavulin" tho
"Lagavulin" is a sublime, 'peaty' Islay Single Malt Whisky, sourced form the Solan Lochs. It is a thing of beauty and handmade for those of stoic disposition or anyone with a sense of adventure.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

29-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Catmelodian
"Lagavulin" is a sublime, 'peaty' Islay Single Malt Whisky, sourced form the Solan Lochs. It is a thing of beauty and handmade for those of stoic disposition or anyone with a sense of adventure.

Sounds like its made for me then
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Eating something like soup usually eases my sore throats. You'd think eating would hurt it more but for me it's the opposite
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >