Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labluver
New Member!
Female 

27-11-2005, 08:39 PM

Where have all the good men gone????

Just wondered what you all thought of this. I'm 38 out of a long term relationship and on the single market again. An avid dog lover but sadly dogless at the moment. Where are all the good single men gone?
I'm too old to be hitting the nightclubs again and find that I am without a social life that gets me meeting new people just the same old faces.
Any advice?
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-11-2005, 08:40 PM
i ask the same about the woman
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Lablover there is nothing quite like the single life, it is vastly underrated

We are all conditioned to think we have have be part of a couple..
I am single from choice and would have it no other way! I have done the love/marriage/babies bit now I am free and my own person and it's heaven!

Men are fine for a night out, other than that they don't get past my front door
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by labluver
Just wondered what you all thought of this. I'm 38 out of a long term relationship and on the single market again. An avid dog lover but sadly dogless at the moment. Where are all the good single men gone?
I'm too old to be hitting the nightclubs again and find that I am without a social life that gets me meeting new people just the same old faces.
Any advice?

My hubby and I split up when I was 32 and I found I had no friends to go out with or anything so the girl who lived next door to my sister said I could go to the local with her and her friend. There was quite a few of us (and a few single men and I used to live for Friday nights because I could let my hair down after working in a boring part time job in Insurance My mum used to look after the kids for a few hours (they were 3 and 4 by then) I met my o/h there and quite a few other people as well. Through being a regular everyone used to talk to us.

Don't despair, you could meet someone just about anywhere - pity you haven't a dog - you might meet a single male dogwalker Is there nobody at your works that you could have a night out with?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
i ask the same about the woman

Behave Fred - we all know you have women queueing on your terrace - they just can't get past all the bolts on your door
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Lablover there is nothing quite like the single life, it is vastly underrated

We are all conditioned to think we have have be part of a couple..
I am single from choice and would have it no other way! I have done the love/marriage/babies bit now I am free and my own person and it's heaven!

Men are fine for a night out, other than that they don't get past my front door
i totally agree with you
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
i totally agree with you
Must admit sometimes I wish I had stayed single in my own little house with a dog and nothing else to have to think about, nobody elses clothes to wash and iron and nobody to have to cook for and tidy up after - its sounds like a dream come true
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 11:56 PM
Get a dog, go to dog clubs, LOTS OF THEM!

I have 3 dogs and a little boy, altho i'm not looking for anyone right now (I REALLY can't be bothered with the hassle men cause ) but would have to be somone pretty tolerant to put up with us lot
pamngeoff
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-11-2005, 12:03 AM
join nexus thats where i met pam we married in 2000 in cyprus and wavnt looked back and i love her to bits Geoff
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Well I didn't even get married til I was 38 and never thought I would. When you least expect it you'll meet someone. Not when you're looking and contrary to popular belief there are some good ones out there, just not many. I certainly found one.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »