Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2005, 09:36 PM

Crick in my neck!

Am feeling miserable and very sorry for myself at the moment!
I woke up with neck pain over a week ago and thought I had slept in a funny position and that it would wear off. It didnt and I now have pain all down my left arm and in shoulder. I went to the doctors and he said I have displaced one of the spikes at the back of the vertebra and has put me on Ipobrufen. I am taking that as well as co-codamol and they are not touching it!
I have been unable to lie down and sleep for over a week and am basically feeling grumpy and sorry for myself! Sorry!
To top if off, I now have a cold and chest infection! Really moany now!
Sorry to moan, just needed to!
Any tips to help with pain. Baths, deepheat, hot water bottle, ice pack etc are not helping!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2005, 09:40 PM
get a very handsome man, stripped to the chest with a lovely muscley body and get him to rub your neck and back for you - Even if it doesnt help ur neck - it will certainly make you feel better !!! LOL

sorry cant be more helpful than that ! hot baths would be my actual serious suggestion !!!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2005, 09:45 PM
I love that suggestion!!!
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Yes ... you need a warm bath followed by a nice whole body massage using warm aromatic oils.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Hi Miss P do you have a shower, I hurt my neck badly a couple of years ago and found standing under a very hot shower and letting it play on my neck helped,
... also an anaesthetic spray I got from the chemist that made my neck go numb for a while ..
...using a hot wheat pack ..and of course keep your neck warm with a scarf
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Hi Miss Potter, sorry you're unwell, bad backs/necks are horrible. I've seen, in the painkiller sections in the chemists, some patches that you can put on the are which are supposed to ease the pain. Might be worth a try... These things often come and go you know and you just need to watch what you're doing to not have a repeat...
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Thankyou for your replys! Am on Valium to relieve the muscle spasm! All I can say is wooo hoooo! Never had valium before, it doesnt totally get rid of the pain, but I dont really care about it any more LOL! :smt016 I went to see an osteopath and she said ' My god woman, what have you been doing!'. I wouldnt mind, but all I was doing was sleeping!!! LOL.
Katrina, I might try the patches, thankyou! Also Mini, I havent heard of the spray before, but will ask in the local chemist!
Thankyou again!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Can totally symapthize with you on this one as I get this quite regularly myself (thanks to my old job where I had to bend over constantly filing invoices away ) - definately warm bath and massage always helps me - as does exercising in the gym to ward off the muscle getting into a proper spasm.

I remember the worst time with me I had a big lump on the back of my neck where the muscle had spasmed, I felt like the Hunch Back Of Notre Dame!!!

Hope you feel better soon
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Thankyou! Dr has now put me on Tramadol (a really strong pain killer) and Voltarol! It is almost getting rid of pain, and at least I am sleeping now!
cumbriandoglover
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-11-2005, 09:45 AM
i did same thing (twice now!) and have found an osteopath very very helpful.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >