Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 01:39 AM

simple query about DW itself

I'm proabably posting this in the incorrect place, of which I appologise. I am just wondering what the heck the stars and points thingies are? Is there a thread or two here that I can read please, or could some kind person please explain it simply to me.... Much appreciated
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-08-2005, 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
I'm proabably posting this in the incorrect place, of which I appologise. I am just wondering what the heck the stars and points thingies are? Is there a thread or two here that I can read please, or could some kind person please explain it simply to me.... Much appreciated
http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/forum-support_010.html

If you need any help from a Dogweb Mentor please

Click here
for info..
Hope that will help you
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-08-2005, 05:47 AM
The link which Fred gave will take you to Forum Support where you will find all sorts of questions and answers about the way DW works

This will explain the Reputation Points system: http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/rep...they_7604.html

Basically, if you consider a post to be very good you can click on the Scales icon at the top right of the post & a window will appear where you can give a point and leave a comment if you wish to do so. The comment is seen only by the recipient. Each individual's rep points are totalled automatically and they receive one green square per 100 points

The stars are a Thread Rating. When you open a thread you will see at the top on the right a 'Rate Thread' box. If you click on it you will see that a thread can be rated from terrible (1 star) to excellent (5 stars)

Hope that is of help
SB
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Wonderful, Thank you both Fred & SB