View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 07:59 AM
My two now have their last walk about 2pm as its too dodgy to go out in the dark round here.
I think they enjoy the winter though as it means more snoozing time and they are just so lazy.
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
My two now have their last walk about 2pm as its too dodgy to go out in the dark round here.
I think they enjoy the winter though as it means more snoozing time and they are just so lazy.
you must live in the same area as my friend , she says the same thing
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 08:18 AM
That's sad. Well for you (sounds as if the dogs don't mind!) It's many, many years since I lived in London - I've spent the last 20 years living in gentle south Penwith in Cornwall, South Devon and now Cyprus. Not a problem to walk your dog on your own in the middle of the night or at the crack of dawn. My favourite times in summer because it is so damn hot outside of those times.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Mine are still going out at their usual time the dark doesn't make no difference to them. Often we are at the fields and its dark but they don't care thankfully they stay close mingling around xxx
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
That's sad. Well for you (sounds as if the dogs don't mind!) It's many, many years since I lived in London - I've spent the last 20 years living in gentle south Penwith in Cornwall, South Devon and now Cyprus. Not a problem to walk your dog on your own in the middle of the night or at the crack of dawn. My favourite times in summer because it is so damn hot outside of those times.
i envy you, you lived in some lovely places , so you don't have to wrap up like us in the middle of winter
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by rough View Post
i envy you, you lived in some lovely places , so you don't have to wrap up like us in the middle of winter
I think that Tangutica has the same weather as I do, being a "neighbour", and at the moment I am wearing thermal long-janes, a thermal long-sleeved vest, fleece layers on top of those, knee-length thermal socks, long Ugg-type boots - and a down-filled quilted gilet...

...and believe me full winter has yet to arrive!
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2011, 11:38 AM
nothing has changed for us really, maddies big walk is still 7.30pm. We need proper winter woolies and headtorches, and a flashing collar for her now.

We have noticed a lack of other dog walkers, so they must be adjusting their schedules to suit the dark nights.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 05:00 PM
been thinking about the torch and woods again but I still don't think it makes sense as I still cant see anyone else who is not lit up or in the line of my light/torch, other dogs etc etc. Think we are going to stick to parks but I will maybe start doing more practising on 'speak' in the dark and find it games in the garden and target/sendaway.

Not got the Visiglo yet though, btw although the last one got broken, I highly recommend them! Much better than others I had and can be seen through thick fog from a good distance away and so on.

Still would like to 'do something' at night with him but apart from above and his food toys, don't really know what! (there aren't any classes here at night either)
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 05:06 PM
My two..... AT NIGHT ?????

They don their hoodies, 14 hole boots, put their nose piercings in and growl their way round the neighbourhood
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Jins last off lead walk is at 3/4pm in her high viz. Anything later than that is roadside.... in her highviz
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >