26-02-2011, 01:03 AM
i managed a few pics in the pic section..look up ...pit and dogos
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post

Well, I'll give my translation

His dogs are powerful and confident, he has the ability to call them off another dog but not when they are in the 'red
zone' since thats basically too late and they are in a full blown fight by then and want to kill the other dog, you need to get in there and distract them before this point so if you havent, too late. His dogs will let another dog sniff them but if the other dog does something they dont like( 'one wrong move') then they will 'go for' the other dog.
My dogs are powerful and confident too etc. But they won`t aggress unless another dog starts something. That`s the whole thing about confidence. You don`t need to prove it.
Personally I would call my dogs if I saw a difficult situation developing.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2011, 10:13 AM
hello clair..im alway one step ahead of the dogs,they never attacked enything.ever....knowing there capable is stressfull.but im confident, in my abilities as a handler
bullys4ever
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-06-2011, 12:31 AM
All dogs are different including all staffs. My first two staffs were unbelievably freindly to dogs,cats and people from being 8 weeks old till they passed away.My staff i own now i got at 8 weeks and is good with other dogs and is 9 years old but when i first took him out after his innoculations for a few times used to growl at other dogs and was showing signs of wanting to fight but after being told off for it he eventually settled down and is no trouble at all, but i honestly think if he was in the hands of a chav he would have definately been dog aggresive.The best thing is to know your dog and to notice any signs and prevent aggression.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:28 PM
My staffie is always kept on an extending lead but NOT because she is dog aggresive. She is lovely to people and dogs but she is a rescue and I doubt she was taught proper manners in the past. She jumps all over everyone she sees and would hurt a child accidently. Although I have tried to teach her not to jump up (she never does it with me anymore) it just takes one happy dog loving stranger to let her and this undoes all the hard work so the lead it is
bullys4ever
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
My staffie is always kept on an extending lead but NOT because she is dog aggresive. She is lovely to people and dogs but she is a rescue and I doubt she was taught proper manners in the past. She jumps all over everyone she sees and would hurt a child accidently. Although I have tried to teach her not to jump up (she never does it with me anymore) it just takes one happy dog loving stranger to let her and this undoes all the hard work so the lead it is
LOL I know what you mean they can be over freindly but thats no harm.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by bullys4ever View Post
LOL I know what you mean they can be over freindly but thats no harm.
Seriously. She is like OMG OMG OMG HIYA HIYA HIYA I LOVE YOU HIYA. She means well but I am left looking like this --->
bullys4ever
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Seriously. She is like OMG OMG OMG HIYA HIYA HIYA I LOVE YOU HIYA. She means well but I am left looking like this --->
I know the feeling, if anyone says hello to him he carries on like a lunatic wagging his tail and slobbering all over them, hes still mega freindly but is getting a bit better unless my brother visits the house and he rolls over doing cartwheels virtually..(the dog that is)
witzendfarm
New Member!
Male 

05-11-2011, 05:53 AM
Hi guys , my staffies get on famously BUT every now and then theres a brawl and they all want to be in it. Fortunately they respond to strong behaviour and can be separated. However I would never go out for the day and leave them unattended. They all have a separate kennel.
witzendfarm
New Member!
Male 

05-11-2011, 05:57 AM
ps I wouldnt leave them running loose in the backyard. Each has a kennel 8metres by 3metres and I only ever to stand by the door for them to go in their own .
Page 16 of 18 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 >