View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 10:09 PM
I can understand what you are saying Murphy, it is beautiful, I guess how Nepal is at the present time, but won't be for long unfortunately.

Mojitos, I'm with you on that one - very nice

Originally Posted by Murphy
LOL...I'm still living in sh*t creek .. but holidays are important to us ..its the only time OH truly switches off and with a 15 yr old and a 12 yr old I think our family holiday days are numbered
MC - I've always wanted to go to Cuba and this may sound strange but I want to see it ''as Cuba'' before America gets its mitts on it proper .....Oooh I can taste them Mojitos
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Sounds expensive, but definitely worth it! Getting it all done together will at least stop it from dragging on and on and on.

You'll get that holiday for sure, even if it takes a little longer.

If it's any help to you, I've learnt that we may not be able to take our trip in March afterall due to a job cropping up - same old story really. Goodness knows we need a holiday, but there you go, can't control it.

Originally Posted by wufflehoond
Thanks MC, getting the render taken off, re rendered and painted, new fascias and guttering, roof tiles fixed, new front door. Think that's about it. Expensive but will be worth it in the end. Had the bathroom done last year so will only add value to the house but hate things upside down
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm dead jealous!

Last year we only had a week at Easter in Aberdaron (wonderful, wonderful secluded cottage ).

For the last few years we have hired a cruiser and cruised the River Shannon in Ireland - there is nothing like it if you get the weather, and we did sometimes; it was heaven. You see all sorts on the river, all nationalities and it is real fun or just relaxing, whichever you want. Don't think that'll be happening again this year but maybe next.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Vicki - Bognor's ok, not far from me!
Otis - Amalfic Coast is stunning, enjoy.
Shadowboxer - My In-laws are in your part of the world now, and loving it!
Rob - I'm green with envy.
Katiecoos - Never done a cruise, desperately want too though. Prague is really lovely, went last year for 5 days and walked our legs off!
Candie - Went to Tunisia years ago when my daughter was young, careful in the walled city !!
Helena54 - I can sympathise, I am married to a builder, our home is always the last to have work done to it!
When Chloe was younger our holidays were pretty much beach holidays. We now prefer to do more shorter city breaks. The bargains you can get on the net are amazing. We went to Gran Canaria early Jan, and might go to Germany on the motorbike!! went to France on the bike a couple of years ago, and nearly threw my helmet across the road-too tight.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2006, 04:24 AM
I don't have any plans but my sister is going away in a few weeks and her dog is moving in with me for a week to be looked after, hes an 8 mth old cavalier king charles spaniel and hes mad as a hatter.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by angelmist
I don't have any plans but my sister is going away in a few weeks and her dog is moving in with me for a week to be looked after, hes an 8 mth old cavalier king charles spaniel and hes mad as a hatter.
Can I help ? Please..... they are darlings...
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by CanineRbest
Can I help ? Please..... they are darlings...
Unfortunatly you live a long way away from where I do.

She keeps panacing, shes paranoid my two will eat hers coz their so big in comparrason, she keeps ringing every 5 mins to check that I still promise not to let my dogs eat hers, lol!!! I said it will prob have so much fun having friends to play with all day it prob won't even notice shes gone.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by CanineRbest
Vicki - Bognor's ok, not far from me!
Otis - Amalfic Coast is stunning, enjoy.
Shadowboxer - My In-laws are in your part of the world now, and loving it!
Rob - I'm green with envy.
Katiecoos - Never done a cruise, desperately want too though. Prague is really lovely, went last year for 5 days and walked our legs off!
Candie - Went to Tunisia years ago when my daughter was young, careful in the walled city !!
Helena54 - I can sympathise, I am married to a builder, our home is always the last to have work done to it!
When Chloe was younger our holidays were pretty much beach holidays. We now prefer to do more shorter city breaks. The bargains you can get on the net are amazing. We went to Gran Canaria early Jan, and might go to Germany on the motorbike!! went to France on the bike a couple of years ago, and nearly threw my helmet across the road-too tight.
You will have to let me know the best places to see in Prague. Was thinking of going on a dinner river cruise while we were out there, did you happen to go on one of these.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm taking my two adopted sons to visit my uncle who lives in Menorca, they have never met him or been on a plane so should be exciting for us all. The old man is staying at home to dog sit!
Tracey381
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2006, 10:25 AM
were are off to st lucia in july,
my parents are going to dog/house sit for us its the only way we get to go away cant wait just wish i could take the animals with me, but dont think they will allow 7 ponies 4 dogs 5 cats and a hamster on the plane

LUZ enjoy menorca, my friends love it out there
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >