Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2021, 08:19 AM

Sun is out for a chat Saturday 29th May 2021

Morning all. Been for my walk and now the sun decides to come out. Saved a little sparrow this morning. He was obviously disorientated so I picked him up and popped him in a garden behind a wall which was by the traffic signals that I cross by. He cheeped and I left him to it. Such a sweet little bird. Anyway I am looking for a home for two Terry Pratchett figurines of dogs. Any one on here collect them? Have a good day all. My exciting thing today is Tesco comes at 11 ish. And also my daughter in USA has puppies due very very soon. Byee.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2021, 08:56 AM
Morning brenda and all who follow.
Lovely morning here off to town in a bit to pick up a few bits.
I did know brenda that cookers need burning off before use its something to do with the linings or something most new electrical goods emit a smell which isn't very pleasant till the smell has burnt off.
I have fingers crossed mine behaves took me ages to decide this has all the features I want and has good reviews.
Lucky little sparrow you came along when you did.

Hope everyone is well and keeping safe today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2021, 09:30 AM
Good Morning everyone.

Weather is so so, dry overcast and dull but washing on the line. Spoken to friends of mine today their dog Willow was diagnosed with diabetes a few months ago and on Wednesday had to have her one eye removed and has a "new" ulcer in her remaining eye she has drops and a return visit Tuesday. She is a lovely girl and their beloved girl I think Derek relies on the dog very much with their 22 year old daughter being so ill and often admitted to secure units with her anorexia which caused them aa great deal of worry and heartache.

Lynn Visitors and a new cooker WOW living the highlife. Sure your cooker will be all good. Which one did you go for?

Brenda Awwww a bird rescuer, well done. Did not even know Terry Pratchett did figurines of dogs you live and learn.

Chris Have a good weekend hope not to crazy by the seaside. How is your flat sale doing?

Moyra Good morning hope all is well.

Sue Great day for gardening. Hope the house sale is going well

Griff Have you heard from Mrs Losos at all?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2021, 11:30 AM
Afternoon all
Loving having the house to myself!
Kazz, no....I haven't heard from her, I just said that anything she needed, if I could help I would and that she would be most welcome to join us here but I don't think it's really her thing. I feel for your friends with their daughter, my cousin is anorexic, bulimic and had body dysmorphia, she struggles so much, she spent 6months at a hospital over Warwick way that deals with eating disorders and thankfully they saved her but it's very very much an ongoing battle
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2021, 01:09 PM
Good afternoon all.

Beautiful day here, sunshine and blue skies all the way and teeshirt weather. Unfortunately, with that comes the crowds but hey ho. There were only a few spaces on the car park when we got there at 9.15 am and people were queuing when we set off back at 11 am.

We have finally got questions from the buyer's solicitors that I have answered and sent back to ours. She won't do anything with them until Monday because she had a lot of completions on Friday. I gives some hope that they actually do complete sales because I was beginning to wonder if they ever did. Our solicitor has said another 2-3 weeks but it's dependent on the other side (yeah, heard that before)

Poor 'ickle sparrow. I hope he gets his wind back soon. Well done for giving him a helping hand
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2021, 01:09 PM
We bought the Zanussi ZCV66050BA Kazz.
Weird goings on's with my card again today, worked fine contact less in the pet shop, not in Sainsbury had to do chip & pin, which was accepted.
Fine contactl ess putting a tenner in the little Peugeot at Tesco.
Came home needed some fortiflora for Dillon went to viovet have an account with them we get Dillon's previcox from them card declined, so tried amazon and it worked.
Rang the bank, over an hour later hopefully sorted, seems the chip & pin was one of their random on any card check, as for the card being ok on amazon but not viovet it seems there was a high security alert on my card, me and the guy who has reactivated it thinks it was the discrepency in the two amounts at ao.
He was baffled as to why Gorden's went through no checks at all and on asking he seemed surprised it didn't work on viovet considering I have an account and my card is also logged with them.
Fingers crossed it is now back to being normal and no more problems. He did say though they often do random checks and flag a card.

Gorden has had to pop out to get a blank cover for the electric socket we found behind the cooker, it sticks out to far for the new cooker to fit when it arrives so he is going to have blank it off and chase a bit out of the wall, the present cooker isn't as deep as the new one.

Sorry to hear about your friends daughter Kazz, also your cousin griff.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2021, 01:10 PM
Don't forget its Bank holiday Monday Chris.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2021, 01:45 PM
Chris, I have come to the conclusion that solicitors just take on more work than they can cope with...at least that's the way it seems
Lynn, my contactless quite often doesn't work in the poundshop....no clue why, it's just that one shop
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2021, 02:14 PM
Hello everyone, just popping to catch up. Have a general surgery appointment on the lst June because I am so anaemic. The doctor spoke of cameras up and down my body but there is no way I am going to consent to that. Scans yes but I am sure it is down to poor diet not anything sinister.

Glad you are still nursing Dillon along and he is doing ok, Lynn. Have a good day everyone, stay safe and well. God bless..
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2021, 04:16 PM
Hello Moyra nice to see you pop on. Good luck with the appointment.
The guy was saying every so often they decline the contact less and ask for chip & pin just to make sure the card hasn't been swiped off you.

We put out the cupboard we removed from the wall the other week outside the gate with a note please help yourself, the wind must of blown the note away.
A lovely lad rang the bell and asked were we getting rid ? How much was it ? I told him there should be a note and it was free he couldn't see the note so guessed it had gone. So he asked if he could have it, I said you are very welcome how will you get it home ? I offered to pop it back in the garden till he could get a lift, he said no that's ok I have my scooter and I only live in the bungalow a few doors away.
He got a shed for Christmas and he said I saw it and thought that would sit on my shelf and I could put my bits in it, lovely young lad and I watched him pop it on his scooter and wheel it down the road.
One happy boy I think makes my day that kind of thing.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >